Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• jefftjefft Posts: 646
    Not cheap by any means.  200 for toronto for good seats.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Saw an economic breakdown for typical tour of this type and the numbers are crazy. Not exactly dealing with razor thin margins. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    pjl44 said:
    75 minutes in and Boston is selling like hot cakes! Lol

The DC map is almost exactly the same. Seems they overestimated demand and overpriced the seats.  
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    I'm not sure how I wasn't aware that tix were going on sale today but here I am.

I scored great seats in Noblesville.  Looking to do a Nashville roadtrip....those two shows would be awesome.  It looks like they tend to switch things up each night and, although they will do SYMM both nightsi it might be a great road trip.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    these venue sizes are very ambitious. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

went to TM to search black crowes tickets, and one of the options was "black crowes and oasis". wtf?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,934
    DewieCox said:
    Saw an economic breakdown for typical tour of this type and the numbers are crazy. Not exactly dealing with razor thin margins. 
    If it works financially, good for them? As a fan, it's terrible. Pay top dollar to see them play in a giant, half empty venue? It sucks. I've been to a couple of shows like that. Entire back sections empty.
    for shits i clicked on the side stage vip tickets. 2 tix came to $1600+. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,812
    Well snap, I'll be out of town when they play locally. Considering the venue, price of tix, and fact they're playing SYMM front to back, I'm not all that bummed. Might still try to catch one of the Nashville shows.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,733

Saw Steve Gorman at a Q&A/book signing Friday night in Boston - he's a real down to earth guy and really shed some light on the past and what the future brings - and won't bring.  

Just having the Robinsons and some hired help to fill in the blanks is pushing it as a Black Crowes reunion, just my opinion. I'm sure they'll sound good, as long as the brothers can get along and don't kill each other before next summer!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/black-crowes-2020-reunion-tour-dates-910124/
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What a bunch of bullshit...  Sold out in 1 minute...
    What sold out?
    For whatever reason it said sold out but when I went to the home page tix were magically there...

Stupes.

Anywho I bought cheap ass nose bleed seats, passed on the lower more expensive  orchestra seating.
    Almost half hour in and I can still pull front center section standard tix for both MA and NH. Bunch of VIP packages too obviously. Going great!
    Yeah looks like they way overestimated demand. Should be playing smaller places like the Pavilion (whatever bank it is named after this year, old Harborlights) in Boston rather than Great Woods.
    I'd actually consider going to Harborlights. Nothing can get me to Great Woods, though. Does the MTA's new super duper commuter rail plan have a Great Woods station built into it? Nothing says "what a great night!" like idling for two hours to exit a parking lot.
    I SAW PEARL JAM

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    Band sounds great on Stern. Just caught Jealous Again 
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    pjl44 said:
    FYI

Oh!!!! Going to head there now. Any idea of price?
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    FYI

Not sure. That's the only info I've seen.
  • jefftjefft Posts: 646
    I dont think average listener even knows about this yet.  Local radio stations have not mentioned anything at all about them touring or doing shows.
    pjl44 said:
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    FYI

Thanks! I’ll know in 15 minutes =)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What a bunch of bullshit...  Sold out in 1 minute...
    What sold out?
    For whatever reason it said sold out but when I went to the home page tix were magically there...

Stupes.

Anywho I bought cheap ass nose bleed seats, passed on the lower more expensive  orchestra seating.
    Almost half hour in and I can still pull front center section standard tix for both MA and NH. Bunch of VIP packages too obviously. Going great!
    Yeah looks like they way overestimated demand. Should be playing smaller places like the Pavilion (whatever bank it is named after this year, old Harborlights) in Boston rather than Great Woods.
    I'd actually consider going to Harborlights. Nothing can get me to Great Woods, though. Does the MTA's new super duper commuter rail plan have a Great Woods station built into it? Nothing says "what a great night!" like idling for two hours to exit a parking lot.
    Based on the ticket sales map, you'd be out of Great Woods lot in 5 minutes for this show, Looks like there'll be about 500-600 folks in attendance. ;) 

This weekend we rock Portland
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Thinking I’ll wait on buying a ticket for a while. I’m sure as the dates get closer there will be discounted tickets available on Groupon for $20.  I’m still flabbergasted that they booked an arena here in the Twin Cities.
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    I’m a fan and will def go.  But the “official platinum” tickets won’t sell and prices will drop.  Be patient. The official platinum thing is just such bullshit.  
    I just upgraded my black keys tickets For tomorrow in hoiston to 4th row bc the “platinum” seat that was initially 460.00.   I traded my 99.00 ticket for an even trade.  Same thing will happen for these shows 
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 301
    Trying to get some lawn tickets for ST. Louis but then it says “another fan already got these”? Why would it give me an option to select them if not available?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    For $1115.00 I could have had 2 front row meet and greet tickets in Omaha next August.
    Nope
    Used to see these guys in clubs  for $10
    Seems like a overly ambitious money grab
    edited November 2019
    pjl44 said:
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    FYI
    @pjl44
    Tickets were $50. I can’t thank you enough :hug:

Post edited by Renfield on
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    FYI
    @pjl44
    Tickets we’re $50. I can’t thank you enough :hug:

Awesome...have a blast. 50 bucks for that is solid. Was there a big line?
    pjl44 said:
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    FYI
    @pjl44
    Tickets we’re $50. I can’t thank you enough :hug:

Awesome...have a blast. 50 bucks for that is solid. Was there a big line?
    Not really- was surprised it wasn’t madness. I think BB holds around 500. Got there at 12:15, we were 150ish in the line. I’m so excited to finally see them. 
    so:

blind melon announce then abruptly cancel canadian tour. 
    someone mentions above that blind melon are rumoured support to black crowes tour announced this morning. 
    travis warren (lead singer of BM) posts a cover video of she talks to angels on his youtube page same day BC announce tour

:how_interesting:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

so:

someone mentions above that blind melon are rumoured support to black crowes tour announced this morning. 
    travis warren (lead singer of BM) posts a cover video of she talks to angels on his youtube page same day BC announce tour

Anything is possible, but why would they cancel a short run of shows in April for this?
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    jefft said:
    I dont think average listener even knows about this yet.  Local radio stations have not mentioned anything at all about them touring or doing shows.
    Yeah, I only saw in our newspaper the entertainment reporter posted the tickets were going on sale today at 10, then I tuned into the Stern replay/West Coast feed and heard about it. It seems like a very odd way to promote a tour, with little notice, yet over half a year in advance of the shows.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,812
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    Renfield said:
    pjl44 said:
    FYI
    @pjl44
    Tickets were $50. I can’t thank you enough :hug:

That's awesome...congrats and hope you enjoy the show!!
    Fill us in on details afterwards :lightbulb:
    pjl44 said:
    so:

Anything is possible, but why would they cancel a short run of shows in April for this?
    actually i just learned they are in fact unrelated. i thought initially maybe it was so they could prepare more for a full scale tour, with rehearsals and such, but it was apparently that BM "wasn't fully consulted" by live nation for the tour that they cancelled. kinda bizarre. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD