let's make fun of the ny knicks when they rehire isiah

124»

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Isiah Turns Down NYKs

alg_isiah_thomas.jpg

Isiah Thomas turns down consultant job with New York Knicks over NBA's conflict of interest rules
    BY Mitch Lawrence
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 6:44 PM

Kramer/GettyIsiah Thomas turns down consultant's job with the New York Knicks over the NBA's conflict-of-interest rules according to league sources. Related NewsD'Antoni says Isiah's no threat to WalshVoice of the People for August 11, 2010Nets get Troy Murphy in four-team dealBosh admits 'playing with people's emotions' LeBron calls out critics on TwitterIsiah Thomas beat the NBA to the punch and pulled the plug on his return to the Garden.

Thomas has reneged on a consultant's job with the Knicks that he had originally accepted last week - which lead to an outcry from fans, media and other college coaches - because it violated NBA conflict-of-interest rules.

"After speaking with Commissioner Stern and Knicks executives, it has become apparent that my new agreement violates certain NBA bylaws," Thomas Wednesday night in a statement. "Because of this, I have decided to rescind my contract with the team. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jim Dolan, Donnie Walsh, Mike D'Antoni and the entire Knicks organization, and I want to thank them for affording me this opportunity."

Dolan's decision to rehire Thomas set off a firestorm because of Thomas' poor record as an executive and the fact that he and the Garden were found guilty of sexual harassment in a verdict that cost Dolan $11.5 million, resulting from a suit brought by former Garden executive Anucha Browne Sanders.

The news, first reported via Twitter by the Daily News, temporarily derails Garden chairman Jim Dolan's bid to have Thomas back to run the Knicks in the future. But Thomas' "decision" won't prevent him from continuing to have a direct pipeline to Dolan that other team officials do not enjoy.

Despite Thomas' woeful record running the Knicks, team sources say that Dolan continues to have more faith in Thomas than he does in team president Donnie Walsh, who reportedly considered quitting when Dolan wanted him to hire Thomas as general manager two weeks ago.

The Knicks were hopeful that Thomas could help them recruit marquee free agents in the future, a notion that Thomas has sold Dolan on in the wake of the Knicks' failure to sign LeBron James this summer. But the arrangement was seen almost immediately as a violation of NBA rules, with several teams calling the league to complain that Thomas and the Knicks would enjoy an unfair advantage with high-school age players.

The NBA prohibits persons who coach or work for a team at the collegiate level, or work for an international team, and who have regular contact with underclassmen or other draft-ineligible players, from also working for one of the league's 30 teams. While the league has strict guidelines as to when NBA team executives can talk to high school players, Thomas, as head coach for FIU's Division I program, gets to have far more contact with prep players, and that would give the Knicks a competitive edge.

"It's great news," said one Eastern Conference NBA GM who had complained to the league about the arrangement when it was first announced last Friday. "The league would never have allowed it, not with Isiah coaching FIU. If the NBA had done that, it would have opened a Pandora's Box, with everybody looking to hire a college coach to be a consultant."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... z0wLJHnP9y
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    While I agree that it's a conflict of interest for him to be a college head coach and an NBA consultant, it's a little shocking that of the NCAA and the NBA, the NBA is the organization that had problems with it. With as much as the NCAA is paranoid about player eligibility, agents, professional tampering, etc, you would think that Isiah holding both jobs would put FIU in a lot of trouble somewhere down the road. Then again, it is only FIU....the NCAA is so backwards on some things...
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Isaiah Thomas is a fuck bag.

Someone had to say it.
    he's a condom? :lol::lol::lol:

Nah, that would be saying he's comfortable and acceptable.

I guess he's more like a Ziploc baggie or a plastic grocery bag......way more than you bargained for.
    lol

although both left a load of spunk at the end....

wait, maybe that's taking it too far...
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    dcfaithful wrote:

Nah, that would be saying he's comfortable and acceptable.

I guess he's more like a Ziploc baggie or a plastic grocery bag......way more than you bargained for.
    lol

although both left a load of spunk at the end....

wait, maybe that's taking it too far...

Because I had no response I thought I had taken it too far, you just made me give a sigh of relief. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    lol....the thread got buried to page 2 or 3 and I've only been able to visit the site sporadically the past couple of days, so I thought I had killed it

anyways, Isiah is a douche....glad I don't like FIU :)
  • so how about those Knicks?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    Man they are brutal what a disgrace ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's bizarre this team could be soo bad considering they are playing in the eastern conference ... seems like they were on a roll until bargnani got hurt ...