let's make fun of the ny knicks when they rehire isiah

Comments

• Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    man they are gonna be in shitty shape if they dont get anything out of this off season...

they still only have like what? 5 guys on their roster? :?

i think d'antoni is a great coach... and obviously NYC would be a great place to live... but i dont really see the appeal other than that... not an instant contender the way chicago would be IMO
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    i think d'antoni is a great coach... and obviously NYC would be a great place to live... but i dont really see the appeal other than that... not an instant contender the way chicago would be IMO

Exactly my thoughts. Even if they did get LeBron, I think they'd still have a season or two of building to do, and the way I see it...LeBron is sick of waiting.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Just curious of your opinion, but do you think he (and the Lakers) could continue to do it without Phil?

3-peat :mrgreen:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/100701ph ... eturn.html
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I've been making fun of the Knicks for a while...you're just thinking of starting now?

Hey we want Nate back!!! how much?
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    This isnt in any way, shape or form directed at u dcfaithful....as I believe u reside in Utah, and are a lil more open minded and a stand up guy

Us Basketball fans know that Utah is particulary tough on Kobe...calling him a rapist and what not.
    Isnt it a bit creepy that some of these folks(mainly mormons, who I'm sure some are radical and could have more than 1 wife, who also could be well underage) dont realize the hypocracy of what their saying :lol: They arent really on solid ground when they go off on this ad nauseum! Plus it was years ago and C'mon, the girl was a lil loose

I do not personally like Kobe...but its just funny when I see him play in Utah, it just always pops in my head what I just expressed here....cant help it

let's not forget that the boo derek fisher...and all he did was ask to go back to la to be closer to his daughter while she was undergoing treatment for cancer...classiest fans in the league :roll:
    norm wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    This isnt in any way, shape or form directed at u dcfaithful....as I believe u reside in Utah, and are a lil more open minded and a stand up guy

Us Basketball fans know that Utah is particulary tough on Kobe...calling him a rapist and what not.
    Isnt it a bit creepy that some of these folks(mainly mormons, who I'm sure some are radical and could have more than 1 wife, who also could be well underage) dont realize the hypocracy of what their saying :lol: They arent really on solid ground when they go off on this ad nauseum! Plus it was years ago and C'mon, the girl was a lil loose

I do not personally like Kobe...but its just funny when I see him play in Utah, it just always pops in my head what I just expressed here....cant help it

let's not forget that the boo derek fisher...and all he did was ask to go back to la to be closer to his daughter while she was undergoing treatment for cancer...classiest fans in the league :roll:

I've never agreed with boo'ing Derek Fisher, and to be honest I'm kind of embarassed that our fans would do something like that.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I've never agreed with boo'ing Derek Fisher, and to be honest I'm kind of embarassed that our fans would do something like that.

i don't get it either...and most of these people are supposed to be caring Christians? very sad
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Just curious of your opinion, but do you think he (and the Lakers) could continue to do it without Phil?

God damnit. :evil:

Glad to hear he's in the condition to come back but, from a the basketball lover in me I am fucking sick of seeing the Lakers win championships. Can we get some new blood in there?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    edited July 2010
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

i don't get it either...and most of these people are supposed to be caring Christians? very sad

I know. :(

(In addidtion, not so caring about the non-religious population here who are forced to deal with the bogus laws implied by the religious influence.)

But, what gives me peace is this: The team office granted his wishes with no problems. It's only a a few dumb ass fans who are selfish enough to only care about the team, and not a players family. One who LEFT L.A. to come to Utah and who has expressed his fondness for it here.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Glad to hear he's in the condition to come back but, from a the basketball lover in me I am fucking sick of seeing the Lakers win championships. Can we get some new blood in there?

:lol::lol:

sorry :oops:

i'm sure whatever team decides to blow their load on lebron will make things interesting...ah who am i kidding, i wonder if that guy will ever win a championship since he seems more interested in $$$ than winning
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I know. :(

But, what gives me peace is this: The team office granted his wishes with no problems. It's only a a few dumb ass fans who are selfish enough to only care about the team, and not a players family. One who LEFT L.A. to come to Utah and who has expressed his fondness for it here.

ad didn't he fly across the country after leaving his daughter at the hospital to come in cold and make a game winning shot in the playoffs? yeah, what a dick
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ''Why would I want to help them win a title? They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed.'' Sprewell is due to make $14.6 million this year. Sprewell, 34, described the team's latest offer, reported to be worth between $27 million and $30 million over three years, as ''insulting.''

Winning aint everything ,Lebron gotta eat don't he.
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

i'm sure whatever team decides to blow their load on lebron will make things interesting...ah who am i kidding, i wonder if that guy will ever win a championship since he seems more interested in $$$ than winning
    i think at this point hes just loving all the attention... fuck the money and the winning... he had jay-z on his knees begging :D

i just want this bullshit over

norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

To be honest, I could care less if LeBron wins a ring -- all the more reason for the media and the entire league to continue kissing his ass.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    KO282453 wrote:
    ''Why would I want to help them win a title? They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed.'' Sprewell is due to make $14.6 million this year. Sprewell, 34, described the team's latest offer, reported to be worth between $27 million and $30 million over three years, as ''insulting.''

Latrell Sprewell. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    KO282453 wrote:

wow... what a piece of shit... how can people that come from so little be SO selfish??

KO282453 wrote:

wow... what a piece of shit... how can people that come from so little be SO selfish??

That's Sprewell for you.

Just for fun, wiki him and see his history of classy acts. Strangling his coach during practice for one.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    To be honest, I could care less if LeBron wins a ring -- all the more reason for the media and the entire league to continue kissing his ass.

either do i but like kilgore said, he loves this attention...and of course espn is loving this and are doing circle jerks in bristol

personally, i'd love him to come to the clippers...he'd be out of the league in 3 seasons! :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

either do i but like kilgore said, he loves this attention...and of course espn is loving this and are doing circle jerks in bristol

personally, i'd love him to come to the clippers...he'd be out of the league in 3 seasons! :lol::lol:

I forget the Clippers are even a team. :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

holla :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

holla :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Can someone answer for me why Phil Jackson has such a cushioned raised chair? Hemorrhoids? An extremely boney ass?? An hierarchial ego?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Can someone answer for me why Phil Jackson has such a cushioned raised chair? Hemorrhoids? An extremely boney ass?? An hierarchial ego?

bad hips and back i think...having similar problems i know i couldn't sit on a metal folding chair for all those games
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

bad hips and back i think...having similar problems i know i couldn't sit on a metal folding chair for all those games

I'm such an insensitive prick. It must be the Jazz fan in me. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,787
    lebron comes to the knicks or the nets if he has a good agent
    simply because he will surpass Tiger as the highest paid athlete in the world if he does

would not surprise me if the Nets pay BIG for Lebron
    and they erect another giant bill board near 34th street when they do :lol:
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Get_Right wrote:
    lebron comes to the knicks or the nets if he has a good agent
    simply because he will surpass Tiger as the highest paid athlete in the world if he does

would not surprise me if the Nets pay BIG for Lebron
    and they erect another giant bill board near 34th street when they do :lol:
    yeah but more than be the highest paid athlete, lebron wants to win, which is much more likely if he were to go to chicago.

lebron and chris bosh go to the bulls, you heard it here.... (and on every sports channel in the country/continent/world)
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,221
    I bet Amare already violated the Garden's media policy by speaking to reporters Saturday night outside "Rock of Ages"..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    alltho signings cannot be reported to media until thursday,
    local news here in NYC has reported Amare' Stoudemire has signed for 5 years at 100 million with the Knickerbockers.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    alltho signings cannot be reported to media until thursday,
    local news here in NYC has reported Amare' Stoudemire has signed for 5 years at 100 million with the Knickerbockers.
    yah i heard he had breakfast with d'antoni and they worked out any differences they had in phoenix... thats a step in the right direction for the knicks... tho they're still gonna need a lebron/wade type guy to get things going

lebrons still in CHI though :mrgreen:

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    That Eddy Curry contract is gonna help us next year!!!!! Donnie Walsh will build a top 2-3 contender in the east, I have no doubt....its just that its been too long of a drought with serious basketball here in NY, everyone has grown impatient. I think they can build a serious team over 2 seasons. Melo/Lebron, Lebron/Wade combos never made much sense to me, who takes the last shot?? They all play practically the same position. But next year will have more free agents with us having more cap space.......this is a great opportunity..........DONT FUCK IT UP :D