Best Compliment ever

Comments

• gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    sometimes it's not the compliment itself, but who's giving it that makes it that much more meaningful
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    gearboy wrote:
    sometimes it's not the compliment itself, but who's giving it that makes it that much more meaningful

Like when your Mom tells you your "The Greatists" :mrgreen: , your probably not the greatists :( . But atleast she thinks so. :mrgreen:
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    The best compliment I have received lately is from my 5 year daughter who told me I was the best mum ever. That made my day!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I am a birth doula and attend to women during labor and birth. I provide comfort measures such as massage and accupressure, as well as informational support.

It is such a compliment first to be let into a family's intimate moment as they bring their child into this world. The greatest compliment though is after a woman has labored and is in that euphoric after labor state of love for her new babe and exhaustion from working so hard to be looked at with tears of joy and told "Thank you, I couldn't have done it without you." I am so blessed.

I couldn't think of one until I just read this wonderful post. Thank you, by the way, for all the support you provide for women.

Part of my job is to help women who have just found out they have unplanned pregnancies and are freaking out about it. Long story short... one time there was a patient who returned to my office a month later with a gift and a card for me. She had to save up the money for the modest gift and take a few different buses to make her way back to my office. The card said, "Thank you for everything you have done for me. I hope you always remember me, like I'm always going to remember you." Seven years later and I still have that card up in my office.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    My mom died when I was 5 and I was estranged from her side of the family for about 20 years. When I finally re-connected with them a few years ago, my aunt (my mom's sister) pulled me aside one night when I was about to leave her house and said, "Your mother would be so proud of what a great man you became."

I think that was the last time I openly cried.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    "Hey Mister, this sure is a nice panel van."
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    You have a massive penis.
    I thought jearlpam was a girl. :shock: :shock:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    nuffingman wrote:

:o:o:lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    My best compliments have come from the students I work with...letting me know that I've helped them and made a difference in their life. One student sent me an email a year after she graduated telling me what a difference our work together had made in her life, on her choices and her hope for herself. That was the best :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    My best compliments have come from the students I work with...letting me know that I've helped them and made a difference in their life. One student sent me an email a year after she graduated telling me what a difference our work together had made in her life, on her choices and her hope for herself. That was the best :)

YOU'RE SMOKING 8-)

tell hubby to mind his own business if he knows whats best for him :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

YOU'RE SMOKING 8-)

:lol:
    Ok maybe that's the best compliment ever :think: :P

YOU'RE SMOKING 8-)

Ok maybe that's the best compliment ever :think: :P

i can surf and have an accent if you're considering :mrgreen:

:lol: what kind of accent? I'm a sucker for non-American accents :mrgreen:

• JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    My cousin's 3 year old and I were sitting on the couch cuddling while I was babysitting one day. She looks up at me while rubbing my hand "Aunty I love you", I say "I love you to Elly". She then say's "I love Roxanne too "(which is her babysitter). She then paused for about 20 seconds and say's in her sweet little voice "But I love you way more." Tears litteraly came to my eyes. That was probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.

anywhere you want :mrgreen:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    nuffingman wrote:

:o:o:lol:

Welp, nothing is quite what they seem. Yay ambiguity!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    When someone says I have nice "eyes"... :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."

anywhere you want :mrgreen:
    hmmmm...I'm partial to Australian, but I'll go with Italian :)

• JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    A petite blonde in a denim mini skirt and trashy, white cow-girl boots once told me she wanted to get me drunk and take advantage of me. I took it as a compliment.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    When someone says I have nice "eyes"... :)

You have nice "eyes". Obviously, with the quote job, I'm not talkin' 'bout eyes. Although, I'm sure those are fine as well.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i was in this band 20 years ago in seattle...we were pretty good (i thought)...our album was huge in europe, especially Belgium...anyway, we play this local gig and the next day the band was having coffee at the local coffee shop i worked at...anyway, i guess the reviewer didn't get our band because the review was pretty negative towards me (i was the lead singer)...however, he did say the guitarist, bassist and drummer were good...the drummer, ed, said "a complement for us, is a complement for you!"...i loved those guys...i wish we had kept in touch...i wonder what happened to them :think:
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    norm wrote:
    i was in this band 20 years ago in seattle...we were pretty good (i thought)...our album was huge in europe, especially Belgium...anyway, we play this local gig and the next day the band was having coffee at the local coffee shop i worked at...anyway, i guess the reviewer didn't get our band because the review was pretty negative towards me (i was the lead singer)...however, he did say the guitarist, bassist and drummer were good...the drummer, ed, said "a complement for us, is a complement for you!"...i loved those guys...i wish we had kept in touch...i wonder what happened to them :think:

Ha!
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
    norm wrote:
    gesundheit :mrgreen:

• Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    "I wouldn't cheat on my girlfriend with just anyone." This still makes me laugh!! :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

thank you!

and that weekend, we ROCKED portland!! :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

thank you!

and that weekend, we ROCKED portland!! :mrgreen:
    This negativity just makes me stronger, we will not retreat, this band is unstoppable!

That Eddie line is my favorite movie scene of all time :oops:

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The best I've had said to me was in line at a Taco Bell..

"Did you fart? Because you really blew me away!"

Very special
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Very special
    You are hysterical. That's my compliment to you! :mrgreen:

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Very special
    You are hysterical. That's my compliment to you! :mrgreen:

Thanks..I think :? :D

I have been known to let out a few anal acoustics
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    "Dissidentman! Shit-talker and ball-buster extraordinaire!"

FenwayFaithful tears at my heart strings...

:D