Best Compliment ever

CreedDiseaseCreedDisease Posts: 241
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
This may sound dumb, but I spent a little time with a friend and after we parted ways, she texted "Thank you for being you". I'm not sure there is a nicer thing to hear. Is that dumb? I think i am a bit of a different person, so it made me very happy....

What's the best compliment you have heard?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I was sitting near the door in a very busy resturant with my kids.
    we were eating breakfast. We were wrapping it up to go when an
    older woman and her husbnd were leaving.

She put her hand on my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "You have lovely and
    well behaved children."
    And then left.

I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day..FINALLY I AM DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I don't know if this counts as a compliment, but it has happened 2 times, same person, same question...

My friend was sitting by next to her computer (with incrediblely easy access to google...), and instead of typeing her question to search the internet for the answer, She texts me the question. "What time does the sun set?" Now I know I'm a bright person, and I know alot of things other people don't, but google is definitely the easiest way to find an answer.

I guess the compliment would be," i think you are smarter than google" :lol::D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Someone once told me, "You know, you're a really nice person, I don't care what they all say about you."
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • juan lesterjuan lester Posts: 321
    been playing the ukulele for a couple of years, with no other experience playing anything else, but i am fully addicted - UKE can save the world!!! anyway, anytime a stranger (or a friend, or the wife, anyone for that matter) says "hey, that sounds nice" - best compliment ever.
    uke can save the world
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I used to have the same bus driver for a few weeks and finally one morning as I was getting on he said "Your smile just brightens up my day". That made me feel good :) For the best, being told I was someone's light and inspiration. It still floors me.

Random compliments are so wonderful, and when you give them to a complete stranger, it's amazing to watch the reaction!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Volkswagen Thank's You, you are now paid in full.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I’m the “go to” person at work, and I am often asked “why are you so nice, you take care of all of us."

I like people, plain and simple. :D
  • The best compliments are always left unsaid ...
  • chris32482chris32482 Posts: 213
    Someone once said to me, "Pearl Jam's an important part of your life, aren't they?"

"Yes, they are."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    "Oh my god, it's huge!" - My girlfriend after she saw my brand new pickup truck.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Jason P wrote:
    "Oh my god, it's huge!" - My girlfriend after she saw my ...........

:lol::lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i take people on eco-adventure trips as a side gig ... many are "older" ... i went to the funeral of the husband of someone who has come on many of my trips ... she wanted to hold my hand while her husband was being buried ... she is very close to her family and all her daughters were there but apparently she felt that mine would be the most comforting ...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    You have a massive penis.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    You have a massive penis.

i find it rather difficult to post my best compliment(s) after your post :shock:
    anyway...
    when someone is floored from reading my poetry i am pleased.
    that makes me very happy.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Your a massive penis.

That's an insult not a compliment, did you not understand?
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I was told "I don't know what I would do without you" by somebody who I know meant it. The same person often says "Thanks for everything."

I don't know if those are really compliments or not, but I guess so in the way that my actions are appreciated and valued and its just me being me. Either way, makes me feel good to hear those kinds of things
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I was told "I don't know what I would do without you" by somebody who I know meant it. The same person often says "Thanks for everything."

I don't know if those are really compliments or not, but I guess so in the way that my actions are appreciated and valued and its just me being me. Either way, makes me feel good to hear those kinds of things
    That is awesome :) it's lovely how just a few simple words can make one feel so good.

Another big compliment I thought of is when people tell me they've gotten my artwork tattooed on them. That's a pretty big one!
  • MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 752
    this has happened many times when speaking with a friend he'll say" you don't remember? you were there." I answer "no that was before I met you." the last time this happened he said "I guess I placed you in all my memories."
    KO282453 wrote:
    Your a massive penis.

Well, that would be possessive. And would mean I am in possession of a massive penis. Once again, it does nothing but make my ego that much bigger.

Now, if you meant, "You're", then I would understand your ha-ha funny. ;)
    KO282453 wrote:
    Your a massive penis.

Well, that would be possessive. And would mean I am in possession of a massive penis. Once again, it does nothing but make my ego that much bigger.

You're Smart and have a Massive Penis!!! :ugeek: :lol:
    KO282453 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

:thumbup:

Now THAT is the best compliment I've ever received.
    :lol::lol::lol: well played
    edited June 2010
    KO282453 wrote:
    that's what einstein was told everyday.
    dude, you're a genius with something like godzilla in your front pocket.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I’m the “go to” person at work, and I am often asked “why are you so nice, you take care of all of us."

I like people, plain and simple. :D
    this is wonderful, to take care of others :D bravo!

My compliment was a thank you from a friend of my sons. This young man returned years later to tell me. In the absence of his own mother I stepped in to protect him in a sticky situation with the cops and some imminent trouble, at my own risk. The biggest compliment was the proud look and big smile on my son's face when he thanked me.
    pandora is angelic.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I am a birth doula and attend to women during labor and birth. I provide comfort measures such as massage and accupressure, as well as informational support.

It is such a compliment first to be let into a family's intimate moment as they bring their child into this world. The greatest compliment though is after a woman has labored and is in that euphoric after labor state of love for her new babe and exhaustion from working so hard to be looked at with tears of joy and told "Thank you, I couldn't have done it without you." I am so blessed.
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora is angelic.
    ok, that might be my best compliment ever ;)
    I am a birth doula and attend to women during labor and birth. I provide comfort measures such as massage and accupressure, as well as informational support.

It is such a compliment first to be let into a family's intimate moment as they bring their child into this world. The greatest compliment though is after a woman has labored and is in that euphoric after labor state of love for her new babe and exhaustion from working so hard to be looked at with tears of joy and told "Thank you, I couldn't have done it without you." I am so blessed.
    I have to say this is just beautiful, you are blessed and a blessing too

that is fantastic.
    :clap:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    pandora wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora is angelic.
    ok, that might be my best compliment ever ;)
    of course it is.
    i said it.

:mrgreen:;)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce