Problems with the Stickman Tat?

13»

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    dane wrote:
    WTF??!! ...but as soon as he said "I don't own Binaural" I would have looked at him like he was from another planet, then tell him that I'm a very busy man and said goodday to you, sir!

That's much more polite than I suspect most would be.

How do you have a band's insignia tattooed on your body if you really don't pay attention to them anymore?

Strange.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    rhinomagic wrote:
    That's much more polite than I suspect most would be.

How do you have a band's insignia tattooed on your body if you really don't pay attention to them anymore?

Strange.

Maybe the tattoo was done at a point in his life where Pearl Jam mattered a lot more to him than they do now... tattoos don't need to matter to anyone other than the person they're on.

OP, you won't be the first person or the last person to get a Stickman tattoo (I was close myself about 12 years ago... never pulled the trigger)... if you like it, do it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

And if you stop listening to PJ next year, I won't care that you still have the tattoo... :D
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    i am not disagreeing with your post at all. i think that you hit it right on the head. but, i do think it is funny that people that are pearl jam fans still think that they aren't mainstream. hell my dad, who only listens to country music, knows who they are. and when they tour they aren't playing the little clubs. they are selling out the big arenas. they are mainstream folks. if you don't believe me just play betterman in a group setting and see how many people can sing along.

I agree...a band that was once considered the biggest band on the planet...can never ever be considered underground.

Now...I do feel that they are a mainstream band with alot of "indie values" so to speak...but mainstream nontheless. The damage (popularity) has been done people...there is no turning back.

How about this! They are a mainstream band that plays by their own rules...and have been pioneers in doing so.

Oh yeah...get the tat...it's no skin off my nose.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Rollin'RockRollin'Rock Posts: 37
    quick story about my stickman tat...back in '96 I was in two auto accidents in a three week period (one my fault, the other was rammed by a snow plow). Both cars totalled and somehow no injuries. But after each accident the very first song I heard was Alive. So, when I decided to get a tat I chose the Alive guy.
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    I just wanna revive this old thread by saying, that I'm now sitting with a bandaged back and guess what's underneath it.......

A stickman and it's fucking awesome! :D:D:D
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    It's not a tat, but i just made this shirt for Bonnaroo. Used some El Wire to make it.

alive_0001.jpg
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    sgtppr67 wrote:
    It's not a tat, but i just made this shirt for Bonnaroo. Used some El Wire to make it.

alive_0001.jpg

hahahah, nice one.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Soybeans wrote:
    I don't agree with the idea that this is a lame thing to do, but let me just share this little story.....

Last week I saw a guy with the stick figure on his leg. (I have the scarab design from the Vitalogy tour tickets) Anyway, I approached the guy hoping to talk about the upcoming tour and whatever else. He says he hasn't bought an album in 10 years, but he"loves the band". He's never seen them live. Again, said he was a huge fan, but has just not paid attention in over 10 years!!! What a fucking asshole.

I'm sure that's why people are down on the stickfigure. Do you wanna be associated with that guy?

Wow. You should have lit him on fire.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I got it yesterday  :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    The stickman was also my first one, no regrets at all, I still love it.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31