I could be wrong, but I think that it's the back of his leg

It's actually one of his thumbs
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    LukinFan wrote:
    I could be wrong, but I think that it's the back of his leg

They're his arms. He's an international cage fighter :)
    NERDS!
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Cosmo wrote:
    It's a cool little design... and seriously, what does it matter.
    The thing I would have about it... the future.
    I mean, I'm sure getting that 'Poison' logo tattooed on your body sounded fuckin' Rad in 1985... but... it didn't wear too well. And we never know what the future holds in store. I mean... there was a time when Rod Stewart and Paul McCartney were cool. Sure, the music is still good... but these guys are kinda tools, now. I'm not saying Eddie Vedder is going to be a dick like McCartney... but, remember, all your past greatness can be lost in a moment. If you don't believe me... ask Bill Buckner.

That reminds me...I gotta get this Limp Bizkit tattoo removed.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    On2Legs wrote:
    Dude... those are some huge forearms.

Gun Show!!!!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Danimal wrote:
    That reminds me...I gotta get this Limp Bizkit tattoo removed.
    hahaha- you know that there are people out there that probably do have one. Are they even still together?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I used the surfboard logo as an inspiration for mine. Instead of "Pearl Jam " it says "Adam - Rhiannon". Then my wife wanted a 3rd child so I had to add "Shannon" above it.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Dirty StuartDirty Stuart Posts: 182
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    the problem is that it is uninspired, uncreative, and trashy.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • 88keys88keys Posts: 151
    I think the problem with PJ tattoos it that they were never really a "logo" band. The stickman is the most recognizable symbol for them because, back in 1992, it was on the cover of the Alive single and it was on all of the most popular PJ t-shirts. But the stickman himself has never appeared on an album cover. Take a band like Iron Maiden for example... their faithful mascot "Eddie" has been on the cover of every album, single, t-shirt, poster or any kind of Maiden merchandise. He is literally the face of the band, and there's been hundreds of different versions of him. So to get a tattoo of "Eddie" is quite easy to do without the worry of having the same tattoo as every other fan. Unfortunately, PJ doesn't have that kind of variety with it's symbols or logos.
    Camden 8/28/1998; Jones Beach 8/24/2000; Camden 9/1/2000; Camden 9/2/2000; Albany 4/29/2003; New York 7/8/2003; Vancouver 9/2/2005; Atlantic City 10/1/2005; Albany 5/12/2006; E. Rutherford 6/1/2006; E. Rutherford 6/3/2006; New York 6/24/2008; New York 6/25/2008; New York 5/20/2010
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I've had the stickman for 13 years and still luv it.
  • jales22jales22 Posts: 120
    got the stickman.

love it.

I AM MINE.
    www.VirginMaryPistolGrip.com
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    LukinFan wrote:
    hahaha- you know that there are people out there that probably do have one. Are they even still together?

I hope to God there isn't anyone out there with a LB tattoo. If so, I would have to fart in their general direction.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• PrlJmr10PrlJmr10 Posts: 130
    I got mine back in 1994...before people started this shennanigans.
    PEARL JAM - It's what's for breakfast

"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise."
    --Anonymous

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. -Patrick Henry, revolutionary (1736-1799)
  • Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    88keys wrote:
    I think the problem with PJ tattoos it that they were never really a "logo" band. The stickman is the most recognizable symbol for them because, back in 1992, it was on the cover of the Alive single and it was on all of the most popular PJ t-shirts. But the stickman himself has never appeared on an album cover. Take a band like Iron Maiden for example... their faithful mascot "Eddie" has been on the cover of every album, single, t-shirt, poster or any kind of Maiden merchandise. He is literally the face of the band, and there's been hundreds of different versions of him. So to get a tattoo of "Eddie" is quite easy to do without the worry of having the same tattoo as every other fan. Unfortunately, PJ doesn't have that kind of variety with it's symbols or logos.

They might not have an "official" logo, but they have 7 million different posters/t shirts with different PJ "logos" on them...so that is certainly a legitmate route to take when picking a tattoo. Look through the Ames poster book, I would bet you could find more than a couple ideas in there that are pretty unique and still say/reflect Pearl Jam.
  • I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I'm almost 28 and I have yet to get a tattoo, but if I were ever to just decide one day "FUCK IT, I'm going to get a tattoo for the hell of it", it would probably be the stickman. Why? It's the most obvious representation of PJ, and at the same time, you don't need to get "Pearl Jam" tattooed with it to know what it means. People that are fans will reckognize it. Could Ed and the band turn into TOTALLY INSUFERABLE ASSHOLES in 5 or 10 years and make me never want to listen to the band again? Sure, it's possible. But, at least the stickman doesn't say the band's name on it, so it wouldn't be as bad as a "Def Leopard" or "Poison" tattoo.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    I have the stickman tattoo on my right shoulder.

I absolutely adore my tattoo and when i'm out it's often an ice breaker/conversation starter for fellow fans. Even recently, I went to a Down gig (I also have the Down Fleur de Lys on my left shoulder) where a large majority of the people there were burely, hairy and METAL.... 3 people/fellow PJ fans (including one 10c member) asked me about PJ that night because of my stickman.

I got my tattoo in September 2006 because I saw PJ at Reading in the August. It was the first time I saw them and I wanted to remember it. I remember going absolutely crazy in the 4th row to Alive and crying my eyes out for Better Man. It was one of the best gigs i've ever been to and the day my love for PJ turned into obsession. Why not mark it on myself as a permanant reminder? Surely those are 'personal' reasons? :rolleyes:

I believe anyone should get any tattoo they desire. If it's your child's name, great! If it's the stickman, fantastic! Hell, if it's a small off-duty Czechslovakian traffic warden, awesome!
    ANY tattoo, no matter how many people have it or how 'mainstream' it is, can be personal. At the end of the day, most tattoo's aren't like peices of art in a gallery, they don't come with a little white plaque dictating the 'concept'.

It's the people who go into a tattooist on a whim, point to nearest chinese symbol allegedly meaning 'love' and say "that one", that I have a problem with.

Oh and btw, I'm planning a further 4 PJ tattoos including a full color half sleeve of the Do The Evolution video... Mainstream?

I think not ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • triangleman12triangleman12 Posts: 193
    It's the people who go into a tattooist on a whim, point to nearest chinese symbol allegedly meaning 'love' and say "that one", that I have a problem with.

That's what I did when I got my Czechslovakian traffic warden tat done! haha :) Kickass on the Do the Evolution sleeve.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i love having that stickman on my leg. as long as i can look down and see that little fella, im still alive.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i personally dont like it but thats because i think the design of it is poor.

the binaural robot head thing is a better design.. or the monkey | man symbol ...

but i think stickman is too 1993.. its dated.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    LukinFan wrote:
    I just don't get it. Why do people on here have such a problem with the stickman tat? I understand that "everyone" has it and the whole thing with Dave A- but the stickman symbol is Pearl Jam- like it or not.

If I ever decide to get a tat, it will be the stickman. Does that make me less of a fan or a "bandwagon" fan? I don't think so.
    im with you on the stickman is a symbol of pearl jam. Anyone can get any pearl jam related tattoo but the STICKMAN is to pearl jam what metal fingers \m/ are to rock n roll!!! its understood in any part of the world!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    There was a thread on here last night (which seems to have disappeared btw) with a lovely picture of a stickman tat...proved to me the image remains relevant and timeless :)
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    mjb wrote:
    There was a thread on here last night (which seems to have disappeared btw) with a lovely picture of a stickman tat...proved to me the image remains relevant and timeless :)

That image was timeless LOL ;)
    First thing I did when I got up, was to look for it and it was gone! :( why?

(we're all sick!)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    dane wrote:
    That image was timeless LOL ;)
    First thing I did when I got up, was to look for it and it was gone! :( why?

(we're all sick!)

Ha - I also looked for it again this morning and noticed it was gone...anyone still have the link to the image? If it is gone, I am thinking the poster had second thoughts
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    mjb wrote:
    Ha - I also looked for it again this morning and noticed it was gone...anyone still have the link to the image? If it is gone, I am thinking the poster had second thoughts

Can't believe you just made me look through my log! LOL
    I feel dirty :D

It's still up, but since the thread was closed, I won't post the link.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    88keys wrote:
    Unfortunately, PJ doesn't have that kind of variety with it's symbols or logos.

I have to disagree completely with that line. Pearl Jam has changed their font, symbols, logos, and the general style of their published artwork with each new album release. I mean, compare the art from the Vitalogy era with the art from the Binaural era. Two totally different directions. And I'm sure it wasn't a calculated move, per se. It was probably just because it felt good to the folks in charge of the artwork (Ames, Klausen, Ed, etc).

I think PJ's inconsistent style with artwork is derived from their desire to stay fluid and not be pigeon-holed. I like it that way.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • i am a targeti am a target Posts: 808
    LukinFan wrote:
    I just don't get it. Why do people on here have such a problem with the stickman tat? I understand that "everyone" has it and the whole thing with Dave A- but the stickman symbol is Pearl Jam- like it or not.

If I ever decide to get a tat, it will be the stickman. Does that make me less of a fan or a "bandwagon" fan? I don't think so.

i know a lot of people with tattoos and i know quite a few guys who do tattoos and my brother is one of them. he told me this:

"get the art for the sake of the art."

it doesn't matter who else has it. where it came from or anything along those lines. get something tattooed on you that you love. it doesn't have to mean anything to anyone else but you. it's a reminder of a time and a place in your life.
  • SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 256
    I don't agree with the idea that this is a lame thing to do, but let me just share this little story.....

Last week I saw a guy with the stick figure on his leg. (I have the scarab design from the Vitalogy tour tickets) Anyway, I approached the guy hoping to talk about the upcoming tour and whatever else. He says he hasn't bought an album in 10 years, but he"loves the band". He's never seen them live. Again, said he was a huge fan, but has just not paid attention in over 10 years!!! What a fucking asshole.

I'm sure that's why people are down on the stickfigure. Do you wanna be associated with that guy?
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
    Soybeans wrote:
    I don't agree with the idea that this is a lame thing to do, but let me just share this little story.....

Last week I saw a guy with the stick figure on his leg. (I have the scarab design from the Vitalogy tour tickets) Anyway, I approached the guy hoping to talk about the upcoming tour and whatever else. He says he hasn't bought an album in 10 years, but he"loves the band". He's never seen them live. Again, said he was a huge fan, but has just not paid attention in over 10 years!!! What a fucking asshole.

I'm sure that's why people are down on the stickfigure. Do you wanna be associated with that guy?

WTF??!! So he must have gotten the tatt like 10 years ago. Right around Yield and then stopped buying PJ albums??!! Sound like a really strange man, to say the least!!

But just because we have the same tattoo, doesn't mean that I can somehow relate to him or wan't to be associated with him.
    I mean, I would probably have approached him and started talking too, but as soon as he said "I don't own Binaural" I would have looked at him like he was from another planet, then tell him that I'm a very busy man and said goodday to you, sir!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07