"Better Days" Appreciation Thread!

13»

Comments

• geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    force-10 wrote:
    gecko wrote:
    force-10 wrote:
    And its a movie directed by the creator of glee.......nough said.

Force, few days ago I was throwing tantrums about this movie.

Then I checked, this director was involved with Popular, Running with Scissors and Gods and Monsters, all good things in my book. And there are Crudup, Franco and Bardem, all cool guys. Checked trailer, movie could be at least pretty, with Indian and Indonesian flair, so there is that. And at least one kickass song.
    I think we are good.

First Just Breathe, now chick flick, PJ is turning into boy band. :D

Clearly, talented and succesful people involved in this, director included. I just can´t stand glee, that´s all.

And has vedder changed his way of looking at his own success in the past years? Hell yeah. Good for him. It might be an indication of a healthy state of mind at his age.

He was always a smart cookie. Just not always blowing his or band's horn. I like this new push. Cannot wait to see what he and the band have for us in the future.
  • thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    gecko wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

Then I checked, this director was involved with Popular, Running with Scissors and Gods and Monsters, all good things in my book. And there are Crudup, Franco and Bardem, all cool guys. Checked trailer, movie could be at least pretty, with Indian and Indonesian flair, so there is that. And at least one kickass song.
    I think we are good.

Wait until the guys come out with frost tips, a choreographed dance, and fireworks on stage. Then they will be a boy band. I don't think I would want to see Boom in tight pants though.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
    thefin190 wrote:
    gecko wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

I think we are good.

Wait until the guys come out with frost tips, a choreographed dance, and fireworks on stage. Then they will be a boy band. I don't think I would want to see Boom in tight pants though.

Frost tips are so over, it should be Bieber or that HS Musical kid. Matt and Stone would look sooo cute. Ed would have to straighten his hair and probably end up with James Brown do. I am amusing myself here lol.
    Bring back the lasers.
  • I really don't get why they never released this song. I love Riot Act, but this is better than at least a few songs on it and if it is indeed from back then it should have made the album. Like others have mentioned this sounds like it would have fit into the Into The Wild soundtrack seamlessly.
    I really don't get why they never released this song. I love Riot Act, but this is better than at least a few songs on it and if it is indeed from back then it should have made the album. Like others have mentioned this sounds like it would have fit into the Into The Wild soundtrack seamlessly.
    Ed had hid away Betterman for 4-5 years, and he's been sitting on this one for 8 years. You have to wonder what else Ed is hiding from us.

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    thefin190 wrote:
    I really don't get why they never released this song. I love Riot Act, but this is better than at least a few songs on it and if it is indeed from back then it should have made the album. Like others have mentioned this sounds like it would have fit into the Into The Wild soundtrack seamlessly.
    Ed had hid away Betterman for 4-5 years, and he's been sitting on this one for 8 years. You have to wonder what else Ed is hiding from us.

his sexuality? :o
    Third nipple?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    not running ... from something ... i'm running ... towards today ... wide awake ...

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • medSEAfan7medSEAfan7 Posts: 77
    *bump* because I just heard it on PJ radio and love, love love it!
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Check out the news on the home page
    New Eddie Vedder track, Better Days to be on Eat Pray Love Soundtrack

Single available at iTunes June 22.

Click below to listen. Soundtrack July 20th.

Movie http://www.letyourselfgo.com in theaters August 13.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
    rafie wrote:
    Check out the news on the home page
    New Eddie Vedder track, Better Days to be on Eat Pray Love Soundtrack

Single available at iTunes June 22.

Click below to listen. Soundtrack July 20th.

Movie http://www.letyourselfgo.com in theaters August 13.

I never understood why some soundtracks are released weeks before the movie is. Unless it has Eddie on it of course...

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo: