Stephen Strasburg

13»

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    RW81233 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

Don't forget when they had Yaz and Rice and Fisk in the 70s.

Yeah...about Clemens. He did have that unbelievable season in 2000 or 2001, but he might have been juicing.

Don't get me going on that '98 team: Jeter, Knoblach, O'Neil, Bernie, Tino, Posada, Daryl Strawberry (what an awesome name), Chad Curtis, Shane Spencer, Rivera, Wells, Cone, Jeff Nelson, Stanton, El Duque! I was only 7 during that season and I remember it well. 125-50. I'll never forget game 1 of the World Series when Tino hit that grand slam. Gave me some chills. Tino was always one of my favorites.

p.s. Tino struck out on the pitch before the granny everyone knows that.

That doesn't make sense.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    He's implying that the grandslam or granny shouldn't have happened because the pitch before it was strike three. Apparently he check swung or the ball was called a ball instead of a strike. I don't remember. I just find it hard to believe you jackasses think you're a better person when the team that plays in a city you live near wins a championship when the truth is, pretty much all of you are shitty athletes.

P.S. Your teams don't give a fuck about you.
  • Looks like TBS thinks Strasburg's second start against the Tribe is a bigger draw than the Phillies and Red Sox...

:eh:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... ule_Sports
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    He's implying that the grandslam or granny shouldn't have happened because the pitch before it was strike three. Apparently he check swung or the ball was called a ball instead of a strike. I don't remember. I just find it hard to believe you jackasses think you're a better person when the team that plays in a city you live near wins a championship when the truth is, pretty much all of you are shitty athletes.

P.S. Your teams don't give a fuck about you.
    It is a weird phenomenon but it is rooted in social history for sure. Teams used to be made up of the townsmembers, so they literally did represent the city - now it is clearly not the case. It's no different with being proud to be American just because we are a rich country with big guns though right? FYI the 2-2 pitch to Tino was right down the middle of the plate and Yankee Stadium went hushed, I think Tino even took a step towards the dugout, and the ump froze and called it a ball. Next pitch Tino launches a mile. I was in a bar in New York when that happened, and it went crazy.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Looks like TBS thinks Strasburg's second start against the Tribe is a bigger draw than the Phillies and Red Sox...

:eh:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... ule_Sports

Did anyone see or notice the crowd last night at Nationals Stadium. They couldn't have been more than 15,000 fans there compared to over 40,000 standing room only when Strasburg pitched the night before.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :roll:

So yeah, about this Strasburg kid...

Seems to be in line to start with a few wins before facing some tougher teams.

Kid's gona make like 30 Million a year at some point, wish i was related.
    SS about to take on the Indians today. I foresee some sophomoric difficulties from him today but pulls out a much needed Nationals victory.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    g under p wrote:

Did anyone see or notice the crowd last night at Nationals Stadium. They couldn't have been more than 15,000 fans there compared to over 40,000 standing room only when Strasburg pitched the night before.
    "fans" :roll:

Strasburg is looking good again, today. 1 hit (HR) and 8 K's, through five.

edit: just got pulled after giving up his fifth walk.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    g under p wrote:

"fans" :roll:

Strasburg is looking good again, today. 1 hit (HR) and 8 K's, through five.

edit: just got pulled after giving up his fifth walk.

He struggled more today with the 5 walks and the pitching mound. i thought he would have some difficulties today and he did but he looks like he will get the victory though.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    their not showing the game on TBS where i live. :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC