How do you politely tell your best friend and roommate..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
That you are moving out because if you stay you might end up strangling his girlfriend to death?

EDIT:

Well I just turned in my last month of rent.. I've got a months supply of alcohol, drugs and distractions to keep me from losing it.

Would it be rude for me to wear ear plugs around the house in front of her? :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,970
    "it's me or the bitch" ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Just introduce the idea of the menage a trois...and hope that he's not into it :shock:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    imalive wrote:
    lol, actually, she obnoxiously friendly.. and NEVER shuts the fuck up... but thats just the tip of the problem.
    imalive wrote:
    lol, actually, she obnoxiously friendly.. and NEVER shuts the fuck up... but thats just the tip of the problem.
    "it's me or the obnoxiously friendly girlfriend" :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited June 2010
    I don't know if I've spoke of the situation before, but she's only 21, a decade younger than us. Actually over 11 years younger than my roommate. That would be fine and legal and all, except she acts like she's 13 years old. I feel like I'm babysitting.

She's off school for the summer. Has no job. No car. No hobbies. Somehow has 800-something facebook friends, but no real life friends. She had a birthday party and invited a handful of them, and nobody besides her boyfriend and I showed up.. All she does is play Sims or watches movies ALL day. And when she's not doing that, she's either sleeping 12 hrs straight, or she won't shut the fuck up. She's very clingy and insecure..

She's here rent free. She never cleans. Never does the dishes. She cook meals for herself all day, but fills the sink with dishes and I usually have to do them dishes before I can eat.

I'm convinced the only reason my friend is with her is because he's so reserved and passive and she puts out 6 times a day. I know this and the whole neighborhood probably knows this since she screams and moans, often waking me up in the middle of the night.

His whole family can't stand her. His friends won't hang out with him anymore. Everyone thinks she is a joke. The only reason I don't step in is because he seems truly happy..
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    she puts out 6 times a day.
    he seems truly happy..

who wouldn't?! :mrgreen:
    this thread is useless without pictures.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:
    he seems truly happy..

No.. no.. you would gag her. You must understand, you must have limits. She is beyond those limits.
    norm wrote:
    he seems truly happy..

No.. no.. you would gag her. You must understand, you must have limits. She is beyond those limits.

yeah but he's getting his rocks off so he puts up with the nonsense

haven't you complained about her before? hasn't your friend gotten tired of her yet? (even with the constant sex)
    norm might put up with her. :? :think: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    i've been a similar situation. i was honest with my friend about it. but he said he was happy...so i said to enjoy being happy & moved out a month later. they broke up 3 weeks after i moved out & he asked me to move back in. i'd already signed a new lease, so i couldn't. if you aren't happy, then move out. just my $0.02.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    norm wrote:

haven't you complained about her before? hasn't your friend gotten tired of her yet? (even with the constant sex)
    He has kind of an odd personality. Weirdly its a good match, but 99.9% of people would just be annoyed the fuck by her. He's the rare type who lets it be.
  • pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    Bros before hoes, er, wait. I'm a girl.
    :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:

He has kind of an odd personality. Weirdly its a good match, but 99.9% of people would just be annoyed the fuck by her. He's the rare type who lets it be.

well i guess it's true there's someone for everybody

as mfc said above, tell him...really no other way
    edited June 2010
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i've been a similar situation. i was honest with my friend about it. but he said he was happy...so i said to enjoy being happy & moved out a month later. they broke up 3 weeks after i moved out & he asked me to move back in. i'd already signed a new lease, so i couldn't. if you aren't happy, then move out. just my $0.02.
    I plan on buying a place soon, so staying put allows me to save $1000 each month. It's a question of money, but I do have a set day I want to move out by, problem is that day is seven months away.. I also don't want to sign a lease just yet because I might be buying my grandmas place depending on her health.

nice! :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited June 2010
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I plan on buying a place soon, so staying put allows me to save $1000 each month. It's a question of money, but I do have a set day I want to move out by, problem is that day is seven months away.

hmm...suck it up for a month & then rent a cheap studio apartment for 6 months?? could that work?

it's a decision between sanity & the bank account.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I would just be honest with your boy and see if it gets better

They have to respect you as a roommate and if your buddy doesn't I would leave

When you went in on the apt with him was there an understanding that you might be adding a 3rd person ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I plan on buying a place soon, so staying put allows me to save $1000 each month. It's a question of money, but I do have a set day I want to move out by, problem is that day is seven months away.

"my advice to you is to start drinking heavily" -- bluto
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I don't know if I've spoke of the situation before, but she's only 21, a decade younger than us. Actually over 11 years younger than my roommate. That would be fine and legal and all, except she acts like she's 13 years old. I feel like I'm babysitting.

She's off school for the summer. Has no job. No car. No hobbies. Somehow has 800-something facebook friends, but no real life friends. She had a birthday party and invited a handful of them, and nobody besides her boyfriend and I showed up.. All she does is play Sims or watches movies ALL day. And when she's not doing that, she's either sleeping 12 hrs straight, or she won't shut the fuck up. She's very clingy and insecure..

She's here rent free. She never cleans. Never does the dishes. She cook meals for herself all day, but fills the sink with dishes and I usually have to do them dishes before I can eat.

I'm convinced the only reason my friend is with her is because he's so reserved and passive and she puts out 6 times a day. I know this and the whole neighborhood probably knows this since she screams and moans, often waking me up in the middle of the night.

His whole family can't stand her. His friends won't hang out with him anymore. Everyone thinks she is a joke. The only reason I don't step in is because he seems truly happy..

this sounds like a thread i read many months ago.
    same exact shit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Do onto others, as you would have done to you. In other words you're gonna need to find an obnoxious girl, that's ten years younger then you, and puts out a lot with tons of enthusiasm. It's the only way he will understand where you're coming from.
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

hmm...suck it up for a month & then rent a cheap studio apartment for 6 months?? could that work?

it's a decision between sanity & the bank account.

I just added that I don't want to sign a lease because depending on my grandmas health situation, I might be buying her place fairly soon.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Just introduce the idea of the menage a trois...and hope that he's not into it :shock:

You looking for a roommate ?

8-):o :eh:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    chadwick wrote:

this sounds like a thread i read many months ago.
    same exact shit.
    Yeah, it was probably me.. difference now is she's off school for the summer. I was able to put up with it when she was only here weekends.

I just added that I don't want to sign a lease because depending on my grandmas health situation, I might be buying her place fairly soon.

a-ha. some options:
    -maybe find a place that will allow you to live there month-to-month?
    -invest in some good headphones & tune her out!
    -just be blunt with both of them & speak your mind.
    -stay with another friend?
    -grin & bear it
    -don't hang around your place as much.

i don't know, man. all i know is that i had to get out, so i did.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_pv_vR ... re=related
    edited June 2010
    mfc2006 wrote:

a-ha. some options:
    -maybe find a place that will allow you to live there month-to-month?
    -invest in some good headphones & tune her out!
    -just be blunt with both of them & speak your mind.
    -stay with another friend?
    -grin & bear it
    -don't hang around your place as much.

i don't know, man. all i know is that i had to get out, so i did.
    Yeah, I've put some thought into those ideas. I'll probably deal with it in the mean time, but I just need to vent.. in a month or two I might give up though.

:lol:
    Sure! But I don't think Tim is into it :| :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_pv_vR ... re=related
    :lol: if LAO grows a mustache and starts getting all kinds of robes and lotions, we'll know what happened 8-) :shock: