PAC-16?

13»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i still can't quite figure out why the pac 10 wanted colorado.

as a big ten person, i welcome NE and their triple option
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I love the Big East.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    The addition of Utah is likely to bolster the Pac-10's football profile
    :lol:

while i respect what Utah has done i don't think anyone thinks Utah is a power house.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

while i respect what Utah has done i don't think anyone thinks Utah is a power house.

agreed...a couple years of success against wyoming and unlv isn't quite the same as usc or oregon
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Norm, what's the feeling with USC? Who's leaving?
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

agreed...a couple years of success against wyoming and unlv isn't quite the same as usc or oregon

They are all scared to play BSU. :D
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not sure...from what i've read, no one has left and actually we've signed a couple more recruits...it's gonna be a couple weird, sad years here

but hey, we've got the utes!!! :roll: :lol:
    with boise state coming over the mountain west might be a better football confrence than the pac 10
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    eyedclaar wrote:

ya know, if more that 27 people lived there, pac-10 should have taken bsu...but since all of this has nothing to do with sports but with $$$, we get utah...thanks for that :P
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

ya know, if more that 27 people lived there, pac-10 should have taken bsu...but since all of this has nothing to do with sports but with $$$, we get utah...thanks for that :P

We do our best to pawn off Utah every chance we get. Damn neighbors. Nothin' personal, DC. AND, I'll have you know, we have well over 30 people here now. Like 32 or something.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Congrats on Utah. At least you don't have to worry about drunk college kids tearing down the goalposts because everybody in Utah is sober as a nun (except maybe dcfaithful).
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not sure...from what i've read, no one has left and actually we've signed a couple more recruits...it's gonna be a couple weird, sad years here

but hey, we've got the utes!!! :roll: :lol:

Yeah, definitely going to be strange without them in the bowl scene. Interesting they are still getting recruits but they will be fine a couple years down the road, red shirt a year and they have 3 years to play in bowls.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Congrats on Utah. At least you don't have to worry about drunk college kids tearing down the goalposts because everybody in Utah is sober as a nun (except maybe dcfaithful).
    I think you've got the wrong Utah school on that one. ;) I've hung out with many a partying Ute in my time in SLC.
    NERDS!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:

Did someone say they have a Power Bar??? Oh, power house . . .
    26.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

uh, norm...the utes regularly kick the shit out of some BCS school in a bowl. nine straight....including alabama and pac-10 wusses, cal. your cheating trojans are in trouble. :mrgreen:
    I think you've got the wrong Utah school on that one. ;) I've hung out with many a partying Ute in my time in SLC.

agreed....most of the stadium will have a little sum-sum in their coats.

PB220398.jpg

it is a shame, tho, that the BYU-Utah holy war is over. :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Pac- 10 wanted a conference championship game.That was the biggest issue, and I think they needed one to get their network going. Utah was not a bad choice, not Texas, but not bad. Now they will start their own channel like the Big 10 and have a big game in Decemeber like the SEC and Big 10. It may not be as profitable as those two, but it is better than where they were before.

Outside of Texas and their own cable channel, and Oklahoma, I am still curious where the former Big 12 is going to get all this money for the other schools left in the conference. I still think it will either have to grow, or will disband. Texas basically has a monopoly on it now.

Once/If the Big 10 can get Notre Dame, I think they will move to 14/16 teams. They want the Northeast Markets from DC-NYC. Only a matter of time before they add teams to get them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

Once/If the Big 10 can get Notre Dame, I think they will move to 14/16 teams. They want the Northeast Markets from DC-NYC. Only a matter of time before they add teams to get them.
    nobody in the nyc area gives a shit bout college sports and haven't done so since st. johns was good in basketball. the big 10 can add ND and Rutgers all they want but people in nyc still won't care.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    metsfan wrote:

nobody in the nyc area gives a shit bout college sports and haven't done so since st. johns was good in basketball. the big 10 can add ND and Rutgers all they want but people in nyc still won't care.

Some people will. The alumni bases in these areas will. Notre Dame used to have a big following in the North East, and if they started winnig, they would again.

But most improtantly, advertisers will care.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Pac- 10 wanted a conference championship game.That was the biggest issue, and I think they needed one to get their network going. Utah was not a bad choice, not Texas, but not bad. Now they will start their own channel like the Big 10 and have a big game in Decemeber like the SEC and Big 10. It may not be as profitable as those two, but it is better than where they were before.

Outside of Texas and their own cable channel, and Oklahoma, I am still curious where the former Big 12 is going to get all this money for the other schools left in the conference. I still think it will either have to grow, or will disband. Texas basically has a monopoly on it now.

I wouldn't TX has a monopoly with OK still in the league. It's a shame NE left tho. I don't see them making as much money as the big 10 does with their network.

I'm also suprised that the big ten network generates as much money as it does. I mean, does anybody actually watch it when there isn't a football or basketball game on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Some people will. The alumni bases in these areas will. Notre Dame used to have a big following in the North East, and if they started winnig, they would again.

But most improtantly, advertisers will care.
    yes i agree but not enough to make a dent in the nyc metro area like the big 12 thinks they can. i'm sure ND still has a following but sucking for the past 16 years doesn't help it. it wouldn't surpise me if the ND/army game is close to being sold out at yankee stadium.

btw- its a shame the holy war has ended. i hope those 2 schools can work on something so they can play each other in non conference games.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?