PAC-16?

Comments

• I was thinking if say the Big 10 goes to 16. Lets call it The Big 10 +6 (Ha ha), make week 12 the semi finals (top 2 teams from each division), put match up the entire league (so everyone still plays 12 games obviously), then play in the conference championship game the following week.

8 teams a conference division, you play the 7 other teams in your division once, then 3 additional teams in the opposing division, and two non conference games.

Face it super conferences of 16 teams will help everyone move closer to a Championship tournament.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    as a big fan of the big 12 (HUGE Kansas fan + i live in Waco while my wife goes to Baylor), this really pisses me off. i don't like the thought of KU & MIzzou being in different conferences. as much as i dislike Mizzou from a fan perspective, i absolutely LOVE the rivalry. what will happen with the other big 12 schools??? think of college hoops---the big 12 has been one of the best conferences in the last 10 years. what happens to those rivalries?

this sucks as a fan of the big 12....and it sucks that it all boils down to schools/conferences making money off the kids that play for them. what a shame.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    So what does Notre Dame do?
    Still Independent?
    ND is still under the false impression that they are a powerhouse in college football and that they are better off on their own. With the way everything is shaking out, I think they should join the Big Whatever. If you look at their regular schedule, they basically play an abbreviated Big 10 schedule the way it is.

Hey N.D., you hear that voice in your head??? That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    This is totally football driven and is killing the basketball rivalries...

They already did this in the Big East when we lost the home and homes...
    GoiMTvP.gif

Exactly. But that is where the money is and everyone will watch the NCAA tournament no matter what. The schools that are on the outside looking in have average to below average football teams with the exception of Missouri . . . and they screwed up by not taking the Big 10 seriously when this all began.

Myself, I love b-ball and would love to have the Kansas teams in my conference to play each year.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

It really is, football $$$ is way more than basketball $$$
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    Hey norm, are you a UCLA or USC guy?
    you've never seen him on the sidelines with will and snoop??? :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    Hey norm, are you a UCLA or USC guy?
    you've never seen him on the sidelines with will and snoop??? :wtf:

:twisted: :lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wouldn't be the pac 15 plus usc. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    wouldn't be the pac 15 plus usc. :lol:
    They should join up with SMU...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Jason P wrote:
    So what does Notre Dame do?
    Still Independent?
    ND is still under the false impression that they are a powerhouse in college football and that they are better off on their own. With the way everything is shaking out, I think they should join the Big Whatever. If you look at their regular schedule, they basically play an abbreviated Big 10 schedule the way it is.

Hey N.D., you hear that voice in your head??? That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.
    die hard ND fan here and i couldn't agree more. the lure of ND has long been dead. its been dead since holtz left.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

and NE has applied to the Big Ten.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:

Good and bad news. I guess we might not be so dominant in our conference anymore. Still, they'll never take our blue turf!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    norm wrote:
    does anyone really care bout this cept the few thousand people in idaho. i know i could careless.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• still confused.... anyway, hope this means at least a 4 team playoff sometime down the line
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Reports now are saying it's almost a done deal. Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State to the Pac-10 with Colorado already in. Texas A&M is still on the fence between Pac-10 and SEC.

Is kind of interesting, there are more western schools that could have been added but not with the draw those Big-12 teams will bring.

Pac-10 usually seems to be under-rated by the polls so bringing in those powerhouses should help.

I'm a Duck fan here and feel they have been slighted in the past due to their competition. They probably will be no good this year but I welcome the chance to play those other schools regularly.
    #FHP
    somebody at work was saying, the pac 10 would not try and secure two automatic BCS bids.

16 teams is too many. assuming two divisions of 8 teams, and assume you play 7 games agaist your division, you would only see the other division once every 4 years. stupid. i'd like to see leagues capped at 10 teams and you play every team in your leage every year. money is ruining college football
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • angiebabyazangiebabyaz Posts: 148
    The Way of The World-Conference Realignment Redux in MS Paint (warning: NSFW)

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthr ... n-MS-Paint

Funniest shit I've read all day and I'm an OU fan :lol:
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    now they are saying SEC wants Texas and Oklahoma?
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Horos wrote:
    Reports now are saying it's almost a done deal. Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State to the Pac-10 with Colorado already in. Texas A&M is still on the fence between Pac-10 and SEC.

Is kind of interesting, there are more western schools that could have been added but not with the draw those Big-12 teams will bring.

Pac-10 usually seems to be under-rated by the polls so bringing in those powerhouses should help.

I'm a Duck fan here and feel they have been slighted in the past due to their competition. They probably will be no good this year but I welcome the chance to play those other schools regularly.
    Fucking Masoli :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
    I noticed that Nebraska stated it will play one more year in the Big "12" (unless it dissolves this week). My guess is that the Big "10" commissioner had them do that to buy more time to add a few more teams.

It will be interesting if the Big "10" will now go after Big East teams to weaken the conference and entice Notre Dame to join the Big "10". Texas and N.D. are the two biggest fish left and I'm sure N.D. is the number one priority by Delany.
    I'm excited about Nebraska joining but I feel bad for the schools in limbo. I figure everyone at Missouri in the athletic department is going to get a pink slip before the year is done.

Kansas and K-State however did nothing to cause their demise and are now stuck in the wastelands of the college athletic landscape. Maybe Bill Self will start begging for his old job back . . .
    Jason P wrote:
    I noticed that Nebraska stated it will play one more year in the Big "12" (unless it dissolves this week). My guess is that the Big "10" commissioner had them do that to buy more time to add a few more teams.

It will be interesting if the Big "10" will now go after Big East teams to weaken the conference and entice Notre Dame to join the Big "10". Texas and N.D. are the two biggest fish left and I'm sure N.D. is the number one priority by Delany.

it takes time to transfer leagues. next year's schedule is already set...it would be difficult to redo everything now.

heck, the 2011 schedule is done, and will now have to be reworked to fit them in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

it takes time to transfer leagues. next year's schedule is already set...it would be difficult to redo everything now.

heck, the 2011 schedule is done, and will now have to be reworked to fit them in.

To quote an artile I read on this, "Jim Delany is an assassin". As much as what the PAC 10 is doing, he is the guy who has started all this and it has been his plan all along. The Big Ten I assume will go to 16 as soon as they can get Notre Dame. I think it is only a matter of time. But a lot may depend on Notre Dames TV contract which I think goes until 2015. Delany wants the TV markets from DC through New York. That is the only reason schools like Rutgers, Syracuse, and Maryland have been thrown in the mix.Their football teams would get pounded. But if you add in those teams/markets; the Big Ten Channel would be a bigger juggernaut than it is now.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos wrote:

Fucking Masoli :mrgreen:
    Just in this morning that it will be at least the Pac-15.

What an idiot Masoli is! On a side note a friend of mine was there when he picked up what he got caught with. :mrgreen:
    #FHP
    This could make things interesting
    http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1094038
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    This could make things interesting
    http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1094038

very interesting indeed. i hope they can salvage the conference.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com