Options

10 years ago a hero changed my life, but I did not know it

1235»

Comments

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    So I guess you heard about the pit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRjEmu_6Xog

Sorry for the lame video. they aren't good live. ;)
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    touched by this. again.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    WE need to find that Hero. He's got to be linked to some one that visits this place.
    I'm eager to find out his fate. He risked it all to save others, and he probably didn't even have time to think.

That is a very awesome Human, I wish most of us could be this way.

(I need to stop reading your post. I fall apart every time I read it, and I can't stop myself. It's so powerful)
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    A very touching story, thank you for sharing it with us!

RM
  • Options
    AndGabAndGab Posts: 29
    STAYSEA wrote:
    So I guess you heard about the pit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRjEmu_6Xog

Sorry for the lame video. they aren't good live. ;)

No haven't...gonna listen to them now!
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    The OP was incredibly moving. I had tears in my eyes. You definitely have a talent for writing. So glad she got out. Thanks for sharing.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    WE need to find that Hero. He's got to be linked to some one that visits this place.
    I'm eager to find out his fate. He risked it all to save others, and he probably didn't even have time to think.

(I need to stop reading your post. I fall apart every time I read it, and I can't stop myself. It's so powerful)

Yeah....it would be nice to say hi....
  • Options
    The OP was incredibly moving. I had tears in my eyes. You definitely have a talent for writing. So glad she got out. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers and thanks for the kind words!
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,624
    Just a quick story about the dangers of the pit and saving fellow fans.

In 1995 Pearl Jam played San Fransisco's Golden Gate Park. After a year of not touring (and being the biggest rock band in the world at the time),and blistering set by Bad Religion..the crowd was fired up for the band to take the stage. It was almost 100 degrees and there was only one barrier in the middle for the 25,000 plus fans on the floor. My friends and I had survived the crush during Bad Religion's set and were on the railing at the front just as Pearl Jam was about to hit the stage. As the first drum beats of Last Exit kicked in..there was a terrible crush of fans to the front. Within seconds, half of my group was gone in the swirl of moving bodies and I had to take what little breath I could to breathe. It was about a minute into the song when my friend and I looked behind us and saw this guy who was literally turning blue..almost black..he said "Help me..in a small gasp.. we had to fight to grab him and lift him..and get him over the railing. Had we not noticed..I'm sure he probably would have died. There were alot of smaller girls who had to be helped over the front rail in those first few songs as well. Even though Pearl Jam was my favorite band..the crush of people on that floor in the front forced me to push back and by the time Eddie announced he was sick seven songs later..I had dropped so far back off the front that I knew I would never make it back.
    But I am glad we were there in the beginning to save that skinny dude who was being crushed.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    up
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Just a quick story about the dangers of the pit and saving fellow fans.

In 1995 Pearl Jam played San Fransisco's Golden Gate Park. After a year of not touring (and being the biggest rock band in the world at the time),and blistering set by Bad Religion..the crowd was fired up for the band to take the stage. It was almost 100 degrees and there was only one barrier in the middle for the 25,000 plus fans on the floor. My friends and I had survived the crush during Bad Religion's set and were on the railing at the front just as Pearl Jam was about to hit the stage. As the first drum beats of Last Exit kicked in..there was a terrible crush of fans to the front. Within seconds, half of my group was gone in the swirl of moving bodies and I had to take what little breath I could to breathe. It was about a minute into the song when my friend and I looked behind us and saw this guy who was literally turning blue..almost black..he said "Help me..in a small gasp.. we had to fight to grab him and lift him..and get him over the railing. Had we not noticed..I'm sure he probably would have died. There were alot of smaller girls who had to be helped over the front rail in those first few songs as well. Even though Pearl Jam was my favorite band..the crush of people on that floor in the front forced me to push back and by the time Eddie announced he was sick seven songs later..I had dropped so far back off the front that I knew I would never make it back.
    But I am glad we were there in the beginning to save that skinny dude who was being crushed.

You did a good thing, so I guess you are someones hero!

We need more people in the world that do nice things for strangers.
  • Options

Thanks for the kind words. :)
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

I asked my wife but she can't even remember what he look likes except that he was big and tall.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    up
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    up

Guess you are my biggest fan :)
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

I'll bump it too.
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Wow, even though I've read all your comments before...I still get emotional over all your kind words! Thanks again everyone!