Options

Every 1998 poster available in a charity sale

Comments

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I was asked yesterday by an incredibly selfless person if I had any thoughts on how to sell a bunch of posters to raise money for a charity sending aid overseas?

All 1998 posters are available. It may be that these will be grouped off to sell, but in the first instance I figured it best to put word out there to those seeking their holy Grail still from that year.6 months averages are likely to be the best way forward.

Amy interest let me know and I'll put it forward before they are sold elsewhere

in the past a donation receipt has been made available so it's tax deductible

Not to rain on the parade of good vibes, but........

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc506.html

If your contribution entitles you to merchandise, goods, or services, including admission to a charity ball, banquet, theatrical performance, or sporting event, you can deduct only the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the benefit received.

Now......is the IRS really going to go after anyone for this? Probably not, but if you pay the 6-month average, which IS the fair market value, then you would have $ 0 in tax deduction.

So that just means you people should offer MORE then the 6 month average!! :D
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    Good post, thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't aware of this being from the Uk. But that is solid info

Thorns2010 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I was asked yesterday by an incredibly selfless person if I had any thoughts on how to sell a bunch of posters to raise money for a charity sending aid overseas?

All 1998 posters are available. It may be that these will be grouped off to sell, but in the first instance I figured it best to put word out there to those seeking their holy Grail still from that year.6 months averages are likely to be the best way forward.

If your contribution entitles you to merchandise, goods, or services, including admission to a charity ball, banquet, theatrical performance, or sporting event, you can deduct only the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the benefit received.

Now......is the IRS really going to go after anyone for this? Probably not, but if you pay the 6-month average, which IS the fair market value, then you would have $ 0 in tax deduction.

• Options
    stotstot Posts: 207
    Buy it thru you business and deduct as Decor...
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    Possibly Camden and Vegas.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Vancouver? PM sent
    Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Alpine/Chicago please
  • Options
    pm sent
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    everyone has received a reply up to this morning......

phew.....now onto this mornings batch :shock:

and believe it or not - in all those Pm's not one request for my all time favourite - raleigh, or the new york.....its a funny old world
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

If you have proof that the poster originally cost $25.00, you can use that and deduct the rest. I highly doubt that the IRS agent that reviews your tax return is going to know the "fair market value" of any Pearl Jam poster you purchase.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Thorns2010 wrote:

OK, this is off topic and stereotypical... but I just find humor in the fact that someone whose avatar is a dude w/ a fierce mohawk and leather jacket is aware of and concerned with U.S. tax law. :)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    everyone has a reply.

up next once we finish the 1998 round will be anything from 1999-2004 - again every poster will be available
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    pdalowsky wrote:
    everyone has a reply.

up next once we finish the 1998 round will be anything from 1999-2004 - again every poster will be available

Prepare for a new onslaught of PMs... Lol...

Do you mean after you have officially sold all of the posters? Or are you going to prep another offer sheet for your fundraiser to review now?

And if you're taking them now, what's a fair price for the entire NEOCON set? DIBBSSS!!!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    everyone has a reply.

Prepare for a new onslaught of PMs... Lol...

Do you mean after you have officially sold all of the posters? Or are you going to prep another offer sheet for your fundraiser to review now?

And if you're taking them now, what's a fair price for the entire NEOCON set? DIBBSSS!!!

No the sale definitely isnt closed, some prints are very popular.....but some have no offers, so I'll leave it open for a few more days yet before submitting all offers, but even then it will remain open

was just saying there would then be a second wave

Neocon....shoot me an offer based on ebeans.....you can have the first crack at it!!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    pdalowsky wrote:
    everyone has a reply.

ooooohhhhhh man
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

No the sale definitely isnt closed, some prints are very popular.....but some have no offers, so I'll leave it open for a few more days yet before submitting all offers, but even then it will remain open

Neocon....shoot me an offer based on ebeans.....you can have the first crack at it!!

***drools***

Thanks Paul, appreciate it.

Gimme until I get home from work, and I'll do a little research... I've wasted enough time on the fourms for one work day... :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    I am not particularly interested in it, but that Neocon set will be extremely coveted
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

***drools***

Thanks Paul, appreciate it.

Gimme until I get home from work, and I'll do a little research... I've wasted enough time on the fourms for one work day... :D

No worries Andrew, no rush at all mate

and I know what you mean about time spent here :oops:
  • Options
    Im away for much of the weekend - at a wedding and off to see RATM, so will be away from here for large periods, it may be monday now when i reply to people next, please dont be alarmed to see your messages say in your outboxes, i will get them.

Bear with me, and believe me there are plenty of those coveted 1998's left, so keep those offers coming

cough raleigh cough NY cough Vegas etc
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Im away for much of the weekend - at a wedding and off to see RATM, so will be away from here for large periods, it may be monday now when i reply to people next, please dont be alarmed to see your messages say in your outboxes, i will get them.

Bear with me, and believe me there are plenty of those coveted 1998's left, so keep those offers coming

I can see you're working hard on this. Hence not feeling too well.

But be comforted by the fact that it wasn't the cough that carried you off...it was the coffin they carried you off in! ;)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    IamTom wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I can see you're working hard on this. Hence not feeling too well.

But be comforted by the fact that it wasn't the cough that carried you off...it was the coffin they carried you off in! ;)

thanks tom - I'm saving my 'last kiss' for you :lol:
  • Options
    Anyone still thinking please note all offers will be submitted by mon or maybe tues latest and then we will move onto 2000 prints....
  • Options
    Portland
    Raleigh
    New Zealand
    Melbourne
    Albuquerque
    Atlanta
    Vancouver (one offer in but no email supplied)

Are the only posters so far without interest, I'm gonna call a day on this tomorrow and move onto the next part.....please supply all details today where possible (name, offer and email address)

thanks a lot to those who have messaged to date
  • Options
    greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    Times like these make me wish that I had a wad of cash to buy posters.
  • Options
    did you ever find out about the yield promo?
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    did you ever find out about the yield promo?

No not as yet, it may take me a while but i will get back on this for you
  • Options
    thank you!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Portland
    Raleigh
    New Zealand
    Melbourne
    Albuquerque
    Atlanta

Are the only posters so far without interest, I'm gonna call a day on this tomorrow and move onto the next part.....please supply all details today where possible (name, offer and email address)

hey Paul,

I find it hard to believe that no one has any interest in the Raleigh.... Tell you what:

if I come up empty handed on my quest for the mansfield, i'm willing to trasfer my offer (same amount) to the raleigh. How's that for helping out? Please make it clear though that I would really prefer the mansfield... That one is one of my all time top 3....

I do like the Raleigh though... I think it would probably suit for a kid's room a few years down the road when the accident happens...

:D

cheers,

shep
  • Options
    :lol:

Sure Andrew, good plan...

Raleigh is my all time number 1

shep wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Portland
    Raleigh
    New Zealand
    Melbourne
    Albuquerque
    Atlanta

hey Paul,

I find it hard to believe that no one has any interest in the Raleigh.... Tell you what:

if I come up empty handed on my quest for the mansfield, i'm willing to trasfer my offer (same amount) to the raleigh. How's that for helping out? Please make it clear though that I would really prefer the mansfield... That one is one of my all time top 3....

I do like the Raleigh though... I think it would probably suit for a kid's room a few years down the road when the accident happens...

:D

cheers,

shep
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    i never got a response, so i am guessing my offer didn't fly. oh well.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    releeseme wrote:
    i never got a response, so i am guessing my offer didn't fly. oh well.

ah sorry, I thought I replied to all

I did get a few offers like $40 for the Hartford which is sadly only 10% of the average value

That said I still thought I replied - can you resend?