STate College Penn 2003

2»

Comments

• okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    Anyone know where I can find the State College boot also?
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • I still see it at most stores, Best Buy, FYE etc. mixed in with a few other boots
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    it's an alright bootleg... i bought it when it was first released back in '03 and i still listen to it every once in a while.
    i find that the boots from 2000 get the most listens from me. i think the band was at the top of their game on that tour.
  • I'm sure it would have been great to be there but in my opinion this ranks right up there with the most OVERATED Pearl Jam bootlegs ever! It wasn't just Satan's Bed that was a train wreck.
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Damn. Not as many pretentious, snobby, fan-boy wise-cracks in this thread in regards to this show as I expected there to be. Oh, well, there's still time. Looking for "This show is so overrated", "It's got nothing on Boston 3", "Just because they played for a while doesn't make it good", so on and so forth.... :roll:

And, by the way - this show fucking kicked ass.
    I'm sure it would have been great to be there but in my opinion this ranks right up there with the most OVERATED Pearl Jam bootlegs ever! It wasn't just Satan's Bed that was a train wreck.

Feel better? ;)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I'd heard about Buffalo being pretty hostile towards Ed's politics.

Not at all. There was actually next to zero politics at that show. The only moment was when people were Luuuuuuuuke-ing the Ukulele and Ed was wondering if people were saying Luuuuuuke or they were booing because it wasnt Red, White, and Blue..... then everyone cheered.
  • Damn. Not as many pretentious, snobby, fan-boy wise-cracks in this thread in regards to this show as I expected there to be. Oh, well, there's still time. Looking for "This show is so overrated", "It's got nothing on Boston 3", "Just because they played for a while doesn't make it good", so on and so forth.... :roll:

I'm sure it would have been great to be there but in my opinion this ranks right up there with the most OVERATED Pearl Jam bootlegs ever! It wasn't just Satan's Bed that was a train wreck.

Feel better? ;)

I do! :lol:

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Yes it was sloppy,
    Yes Satan's Bed was a train wreck,

But...The bootleg will NEVER do the State College 2003 show justice

This is a FACT.

You just had to be there to fully appreciate it.

Legendary shows don't always make Legendary bootlegs.

I remember my uncle telling me a story about a DOORS concert he saw in 1968.

Apparently...

The band came on stage over an hour late
    They only played for a half hour
    Jim Morrison was drunk, singing the wrong lyrics to the wrong songs, mumble, mumble, mumble

BUT....

He claims it was the best concert he has ever been to.

I guess it just happens that way sometimes.
  • You just had to be there to fully appreciate it.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I just find it funny how defensive people get about the band and some of their shows. I think the State College Show is overated because so many people think that it's so good when in fact the band didn't play that well at all. Honestly I listen to so many shows that I couldn't give a shit about the setlist or how many songs they played, it's all about the bands performance and how the songs flow together in my opinion. There's at least 15-20 shows on the 2003 tour that I think are better and there's probably 40-50 shows from 2000 that I think are better!

But whatever I would hate to upset anyone here, I know how sensitive some of you are!

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

I just find it funny how defensive people get about the band and some of their shows. I think the State College Show is overated because so many people think that it's so good when in fact the band didn't play that well at all. Honestly I listen to so many shows that I couldn't give a shit about the setlist or how many songs they played, it's all about the bands performance and how the songs flow together in my opinion. There's at least 15-20 shows on the 2003 tour that I think are better and there's probably 40-50 shows from 2000 that I think are better!

But whatever I would hate to upset anyone here, I know how sensitive some of you are!

maybe people get defensive because the negative posters are always so adament that their opinion is correct - like they made you lord and master of what makes a great song or performance. if you disagree fine, but your opinion of a masterpiece may differ from others so let people have their opinions without being so hard-headed.
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    pjhawks wrote:

maybe people get defensive because the negative posters are always so adament that their opinion is correct - like they made you lord and master of what makes a great song or performance. if you disagree fine, but your opinion of a masterpiece may differ from others so let people have their opinions without being so hard-headed.

So true. If you get your dream setlist it will be the best show you attended while someone else will think it wasn't good at all. No one is right and no one is wrong. It's all subjective.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Damn. Not as many pretentious, snobby, fan-boy wise-cracks in this thread in regards to this show as I expected there to be. Oh, well, there's still time. Looking for "This show is so overrated", "It's got nothing on Boston 3", "Just because they played for a while doesn't make it good", so on and so forth.... :roll:

Feel better? ;)

Aaaaaaannnnd perfect. Looking for more though - there's still clearly not enough.