Options

Does anyone ACTUALLY like PJ posters?

13»

Comments

• Options
    rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
    Who the eff cares.. its art... The artists does them because it makes SENSE to them and the band.. It is up to your interpretation.. but you don't have to like them. Like MSG1 poster from this year... people are all upset about it.. but it is SOTOs ART..

I would much rather have an original piece of art for 30 bucks than have a fucking screen print of fancy lettering with the name of the venue like so many other bands do. I would actually like to see PJ tour posters from more artists instead of Ames Bros all the time. To me, they don't put their heart and soul into each one. It just seems like Ames Bros slap PJ's name on a pre-done drawing and call it the poster(with the exception of a few). At least MSG 2's poster was pretty made for MSG... but there really isn't much expression in the art.

Example: All of EMEK's work... it has specific impact and meaning to the artist that can relate to the band.
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I don't like the evil, skeleton sort of posters, but that's just me. I've never really bought posters. I didn't buy any between Australia '95 until Philly 2009. This year I bought the posters if I liked them:

Cleveland - MY FAV
    Hartford
    Boston
    MSG1
    MSG2

I honestly don't think about buying them to flip them, that's just not me.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.