"From A Basement In Seattle" by Brad Klausen

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    cool, want to get one of these. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    in the book, does it explain in detail many of the posters like you mention above (using toronto 09 as an example)?

There is some detail, maybe not as much as he offered up last night but still quite a bit of detail as well as his concept sketches.

thanks, i'll need to pick up a copy when I get some extra cash someday
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    red mos wrote:
    cool, want to get one of these. :D

Same here. :)
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • That would be an awesome show. Wish I could go!
    Paul D.
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Was a very interesting talk!

The book is put together real well, and gives a good insight on how all these cool ass posters are made!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    sorry, another question which I couldn't find anywhere else....is his only paperback, or is there a hard cover version? all I can find is paperback
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    sorry, another question which I couldn't find anywhere else....is his only paperback, or is there a hard cover version? all I can find is paperback

Only paperback at this point...
    Travelar wrote:

Only paperback at this point...

thanks. hopefully hardcover comes out in the future, would be a great "coffee table" book
    Still no Maritime Chapters / Indigo / local ma&pa stores have any in stock. You can only buy them online. If you ordered from Amazon.ca, books were shipped out yesterday. :)
  • My signed copy from the Artillery sale just arrived in Seattle. Very good looking book Brad!! Nice work!! Can't wait to sit down and really peruse it as I've only flipped through it but am very impressed. Appreciate the insight into process and inspiration along with great full page images of finished works.
    Another week or so I'm guessing (cause it's already arrived to Seattle) it'll arrive here in Halifax. Maybe before Christmas Day! :D

*crossing fingers
  • lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,301
    got mine today. :D
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    got mine today from Brad's site. nice big fat autograph on the first page!
  • Love the very last pic in the book. One of the best prints by one of the best artists out there today right beside him.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Nice big fat auto by BK....as well as by Jeff A....
  • Anyone know brad's email,I dont see it on the site.
    Thanks
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
    Ok wrote:
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Is Jeff A's sig signed with a sharpie like BK's?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    got mine yesterday. Love it. Great book.

My boss caught a glimpse of it and we paged through it. He was very impressed with a lot of the artwork and especially enjoyed all the political messages. It was a pretty cool way to have a first look at the book.
    has anybody emailed asking if there is ever plans to release a hard cover in the future? I don't want to bother him if somebody has already asked this question. thanks
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    phillyfan wrote:
    Anyone know brad's email,I dont see it on the site.
    Thanks

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@artillerydesign.com">info@artillerydesign.com</a><!-- e -->
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • I got mine yesterday. Great book, except the box arrived beat to hell and the book was damaged. I wonder what the odds are on getting a replacement? Has anyone had any experience with this before?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Ok wrote:
    hrd2imgn wrote:

is this a piss take or are you being serious?

anything is possible with Mr K.....
    I got mine yesterday. Great book, except the box arrived beat to hell and the book was damaged. I wonder what the odds are on getting a replacement? Has anyone had any experience with this before?

Mine was bent a little in the corner. I dont think I am going to try to pursue a replacement though. It would be a little nitpicky in my case.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Ok wrote:
    hrd2imgn wrote:

is this a piss take or are you being serious?

anything is possible with Mr K.....

It is in there, but I just figured it was a reproduction and not an actual autograph.

is it real?
  • Still waiting for mine....
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    MayDay10 wrote:
    It is in there, but I just figured it was a reproduction and not an actual autograph. is it real?

Its a fair question and I'm no expert but in looking at my book again, it looks like Jeff signed it. Its not Sharpie, like BKs auto, at least in my book it looks like ball point pen ink, and I can see where the pen made an indentation on the page where he was pressing when he wrote it - I can't imagine that was part of the production of the book, no? If so, its one hell of a printing job!

Overall the book is fabulous - there is great discussion around what Brad was thinking with each piece, his approach to concert poster art, and the quility of the book is great.
  • Chrisilein wrote:
    phillyfan wrote:
    Anyone know brad's email,I dont see it on the site.
    Thanks

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@artillerydesign.com">info@artillerydesign.com</a><!-- e -->
    Thank you :mrgreen:
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Im still trying to figure out if Jeff's auto is printed.It is a great book,me likey
    world fucking champs!!!
    Only way to find out if Jeff sig is original & not a copy print is to check to see if the store/unsigned BK copy of the book is the same or not the same. Then you'll know if it's his original signed in ink sig. Haven't yet received my book from BK himself and yet haven't seen the book @ my local book store(s).