Summer vacations!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The 81 wrote:
    quicksilver is offering $30,000 to rent my parents house from august 15- sept 15

sold.....

i'm going to disney land....

nah i don't want people living in house

plus i am a beach bum and i would have to give it up the last half of the summer

tempting..but my family loves it too much

for 30K, you could fly to a different beach someplace in the country every weekend for that month
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The 81 wrote:
    quicksilver is offering $30,000 to rent my parents house from august 15- sept 15

nah i don't want people living in house

plus i am a beach bum and i would have to give it up the last half of the summer

tempting..but my family loves it too much

for 30K, you could fly to a different beach someplace in the country every weekend for that month

thats unrealistic..long beach is 40 minutes away

again even though quicksilver will sign a contract ..we don't want people living and god knows what else in the house
    it was just redone on top of it

money isn't everyting in this sense ..and again we enjoy it too much
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    instead of driving in, you hop on a plane friday morning to someplace. 4 hours later, you are in florida at your hotel. party until monday and catch an afternoon flight back. bam...works like a charm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    instead of driving in, you hop on a plane friday morning to someplace. 4 hours later, you are in florida at your hotel. party until monday and catch an afternoon flight back. bam...works like a charm

and although i have the vacation time to do something like this...who would come with me?

all 8 family members and numerous friends i see every weekend?

dude believe me the 30 k is more than tempting for my family ...we kicked around the idea and eve submitted pictures of the house to quicksilver

but as a group we decided to enjoy the summer together in our favorite summer residence ,which happens to be close to home for all my family members

my family has been spendings summers in this house for 40 years its home......awwwwwwwwww :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am sure, that's a lot. I am looking forward to the quiet, beach, grilling and drinking. It will just be me, my girlfriend, my mom, my sister and her boyfriend, so its not as crazy and have a good size place so we can definitely get away.

that will be cool. are you in corolla?

all the places down there are huge. this one had a lot of room for me to get away from them when i needed to. also had a pool. love relaxing pool side after a day at the beach. awesome way to ease into the evening with a few beers.

Yeah, we're in corolla. I think we have a 5 bedroom for the 5 of us, so plenty of room. Some of the bigger ones are insane. We don't have a pool but have a hot tub and an awesome balcony right on the beach.

nice. enjoy it
    www.myspace.com
    neil i just looked into that surfing thing: http://therealdeal.com/newyork/articles ... est-realty

i agree with 81. that's a ridiculous amount of money to rent it out for just a few weeks....especially in september.

i'd rent it to them, take the money, and rent huge ass place on the water somewhere else in long island or down in jersey or something for half the amount. no brainer to me.
    www.myspace.com
    neil i just looked into that surfing thing: http://therealdeal.com/newyork/articles ... est-realty

i agree with 81. that's a ridiculous amount of money to rent it out for just a few weeks....especially in september.

i'd rent it to them, take the money, and rent huge ass place on the water somewhere else in long island or down in jersey or something for half the amount. no brainer to me.

yea but i've been a surfing fan for 25 years....imagine the phils came to play in your backyard(i like the sport that much )

plus the scene is gonna be off the charts....

my whole life i've thought of how cool it would be to have this in long beach and it finally happened
    jack johnson jamming on my beach and god knows who else...

plus i have an in with the 2nd in command in the town police who let us in on the high end rentals

the high end quicksilver bosses will give $10,000 per room as long as each room has a flat screen tv ...a bed..and internet connection (its sort of like an inside deal).. the house has 3 bedrooms hence 30 k

the beautiful chicks hanging around will be worth it alone
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    theyre high on crack
    fuck L.I.
    nuttin like taking advantage of people because you can
    i hate that
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    theyre high on crack
    fuck L.I.
    i hate that

who is they?
    chadwick wrote:
    theyre high on crack
    fuck L.I.
    i hate that

who is they?
    the entire fucking thing is nuts
    beach front real estate... stupid as shit
    i lived in westport,wa on the pacific for 8 or 9 years.
    the people sucked, shit's expensive, and a small lot/house sells for high dollar

the east coast must be 13 times as bad as the western one, yes/no?

if i were a surfer i'd crash in my tent that's near my campfire while chillaxin with several lady friends all sleeping in the sand... fuck you 10 grand homes for a few weeks. i'd be getting ass out in the dunes or some place...

in reality world, i do not surf, i have bumb knees and am overweight with a small line of chics willing to crash out in a tent with me on L.I. for surfing the hamptons week... oh, and i have a tiny penis and no money

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    theyre high on crack
    fuck L.I.
    i hate that

who is they?
    the people sucked, shit's expensive, and a small lot/house sells for high dollar

if i were a surfer i'd crash in my tent that's near my campfire while chillaxin with several lady friends all sleeping in the sand... fuck you 10 grand homes for a few weeks. i'd be getting ass out in the dunes or some place...

in reality world, i do not surf, i have bumb knees and am overweight with a small line of chics willing to crash out in a tent with me on L.I. for surfing the hamptons week... oh, and i have a tiny penis and no money

the surfers are staying in the 1 hotel in long beach

quicksilver rented the whole hotel

the surfers themselves aren't paying for it

the people looking to rent the home are execs from a billion dollar company so the money is not an issue to them

this is the first time an event of this magnitude is being held in ny ..(they picked long beach becasue we get good waves and it's 15 min from jfk(gotta accomadate all the people from all over the world)

usually the total prize money for event's is $ 450,000....this event is 1 million ...

basically its a big deal in the surfing world
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    In August or maybe September I may take the train up to NYC and do some coffee touring.

It would be a great end to my coffee project [coffeecupcrossroads.tumblr.com]

Maybe I'll go to Philadelphia . . . and, I still need to explore the coffee establishments of Baltimore.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    that is great stuff for the economy out your way. sometimes i wish i were a surfer. maybe someday i'll learn and surf with ed or some other stoned long hair... wait, thats me :mrgreen:

neilybabes... good luck to you, Sir, and enjoy the event. if you get a chance to rent out your beach house for a few weeks... you may wanna jump on that. the surfers and this quicksilver company will return. maybe your family should set up shop and erect a few more homes. .. fei... surfers have erect penises

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

plus i have an in with the 2nd in command in the town police who let us in on the high end rentals

the high end quicksilver bosses will give $10,000 per room as long as each room has a flat screen tv ...a bed..and internet connection (its sort of like an inside deal).. the house has 3 bedrooms hence 30 k

jack johnson is a giant turd.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com

don johnson is a giant turd.

fixed :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

nah ..he is mellow...dont know much of his stuff..but the females will flock
    jack johnson has written the same song about 1,000 times
    www.myspace.com
    jack johnson has written the same song about 1,000 times

like i said...don't know much about him..but i know the bikini's will be all over it

he is just a rumor regardless
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Painting my house with the fiance. That still sounds weird.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    theyre high on crack
    fuck L.I.
    i hate that

who is they?

:lol::lol: chadwick, you're the shit

yes/no?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • PJ ColombianPJ Colombian Posts: 113
    Got the post-vacation blues in a bad way! Wife and I spent a week in Chicago from June 28th to July 5th.. Two Eddie shows (shook his hand before first show), two Ben Harper shows, two Cubs games (including 13th inning Soto walkoff homer!), Taste of Chicago festival, Colombian music festival party, Buddy Guy's Blues All-star night, Fourth of July festivities, the beach, the zoo, lots of scotch, countless beers.. What a fucking city!!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    mdigenakis wrote:
    Painting my house with the fiance. That still sounds weird.

Why, not used to painting?

nah ..he is mellow...dont know much of his stuff..but the females will flock

his bonnaroo set was brutal. should have put bb king in front of PJ. that would have been awesome to see Ed with BB.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i wish ed and pj would abort their relationship with that dude in a hurry....then they can cut ties with sleater kinney. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • I like Jack Johnson but I was a little bored when I saw him at Bonnaroo. I felt like I could get the same effect by listening to his songs while looking at his picture at home
    Emily
    hey jack isn't for everyone..that being said he has millions of fans and i can guarantee it will be a mob scene if he shows up in my tiny beach town
    i don't think i would want a mob scene in my beach town :think:
    www.myspace.com
    11 more days....

gonna be nice to get away from everything.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    4 day weekend ..hoot hoot

and a 5 day weekend in 2 weeks ..hoot hoot

and a 4 day weeknd 1 week later .hoot hoot

and a 5 day weekend 2 weeks later ..hoot hoot