Summer vacations!!!

Comments

• I was in Playa this past February. Good fun!

I recommend Babe's for the giant frozen drinks. Karen's for the music and food. Lots of good places to eat, there's an Italian place catty-corner from the bank on 10th that's really good too.

We went to Wal-Mart and bought a big sack of limes, a bottle of agave nectar and two bottles of Milagro and hung out by the beach most of the time. Also keep an eye out for bars that has 2-for-1 happy hour, you can get that deal pretty much any time of day if you ask the guy standing out front trying to get people to come in for it.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I was in Playa this past February. Good fun!

I recommend Babe's for the giant frozen drinks. Karen's for the music and food. Lots of good places to eat, there's an Italian place catty-corner from the bank on 10th that's really good too.

We went to Wal-Mart and bought a big sack of limes, a bottle of agave nectar and two bottles of Milagro and hung out by the beach most of the time. Also keep an eye out for bars that has 2-for-1 happy hour, you can get that deal pretty much any time of day if you ask the guy standing out front trying to get people to come in for it.

nice, thanks!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Just got back from 6 days in Riviera Maya, Mexico for my friends wedding last week. That was beautiful. dcfaithful, Playa del Carmen is fucking beautiful. We went into town there from our resort (it was only 20-30 mins away) and it was really cool.

I'm also goin to DC in June to see the White Sox play the Nationals. Pretty down on the Sox, but still love going to see your team play on the road.

Other than that, most weekends are filling up with weddings, graduation parties and all that shit...
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    81 wrote:
    Might be going on an Alaskan cruise in July.

Alaska is most cool. We went last june. Make sure you take a eye cover, since it never gets dark that time of year. weird man. We only took a day cruise out of seward, but that was pretty cool.
    Will do. Thanks kid. Yeah, it's gonna be crazy with no nighttime. Hope I don't end up pulling an Al Pacino in that movie Insomnia. :lol::lol:

My cousin and her boyfriend live in Seattle, they work for a cruise line and can get it really really cheap. Plus it gives me another excuse to visit the gorgeous Pacific northwest. Like another world out there.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    alaska is one of THE most amazing places on earth!
    we spent 10 days there for our honeymoon 18 years ago :? :lol: .....what a trip!

as far as the sunlight/nighttime thing, i barely even noticed it, tho we were on a cruiseship and more lower alaska until we hit up ankorage.

now, i went to visit one of my best friends in helsinki, finland back in 2001....and holy shit, she did not warn me about it (i thought it only effected northern finland) and it freaked me out! haha. did get to take an amazing hot-air balloon ride until midnight tho, and only looked like dusk by then!

you will have a FANTASTIC time!
    would love to go back....someday....so mny places in the world to visit, so little time! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    alaska is one of THE most amazing places on earth!
    we spent 10 days there for our honeymoon 18 years ago :? :lol: .....what a trip!

as far as the sunlight/nighttime thing, i barely even noticed it, tho we were on a cruiseship and more lower alaska until we hit up ankorage.

now, i went to visit one of my best friends in helsinki, finland back in 2001....and holy shit, she did not warn me about it (i thought it only effected northern finland) and it freaked me out! haha. did get to take an amazing hot-air balloon ride until midnight tho, and only looked like dusk by then!

you will have a FANTASTIC time!
    would love to go back....someday....so mny places in the world to visit, so little time! :D

it's so weird. we were driving back to anchorage from Seward at 10pm and people where just heading out to do some rock climbing. weird shit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    Croatia, Cali, lolla, wherever 10 22 show is, thanksgiving in Tampa area

that's for the rest of the year
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,219
    Not this summer but i will be heading to Hawaii next winter after that i'm planning a Galapagos vaca to scuba dive will be staying on a shipp of the coast of the main island can't wait ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    KC & Hartford was our traveling for now til we see whats up with PJ later in the year. We enjoy summer at home with the pool, boat/ lake and hot tub
    its the T&T resort :mrgreen:
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I'll be heading to the Colorado mountains at the end of June for 10 days 8-) . Then its back out there in August when my wife has a few weeks off :mrgreen: . The mountains are just so spectacular, it's just like being IN MY TREE 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Week long backpacking trips in both Glacier and Yellowstone. Only way to beat the crowds.

http://news.yahoo.com/grizzly-bear-kill ... 09866.html

:?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Unfortunately, I ain't doing SHIT this summer. :|
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    that sucks d.c. what happened? all i got is rochester at the end of july for golf, and the 5th annual OBX trip that I do with my college buddies.
    RW81233 wrote:
    that sucks d.c. what happened? all i got is rochester at the end of july for golf, and the 5th annual OBX trip that I do with my college buddies.

Well, the Mexico trip that this thread was started for last summer happened and it ruled.

This summer, we just don't have a lot of $ to make things happen. Got other stuff to take care of. We'll be taking a short trip to Denver at the beginning of next month, but I mean short like 3-4 days for a concert. Other than that, it looks like we'll be spending our summer hiking and camping in the Utah wilderness, as it is pretty much our backyard.

I'm not a huge golfer, but a trip for golf (if you really enjoy it) I'm sure is amazing. Have a great time! :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    That was EV STL and it was GREAT! :D
  • We went to Disneyland last month. I grew up in Orlando so it was cool to take the kids to the "other" Disney. While there my husband and I ate at 2nd Floor Food Art Drink in Huntington Beach and ordered the Nirvana burger and the Pearl Jammin pudding. Both were amazing.
    Emily
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    leave tomorrow for New York (12days), then a week in Myrtle Beach in august, and a little shindig in Wisconsin for Labor Day weekend :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Ours isn't until september... outer banks for a week.

should be a blast.

i was there last week. in corrolla. good time.

really looking forward to sea isle labor day week though.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723

should be a blast.

Meant to ask. It was a good time?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    3 weeks till Saratoga...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Daytona Beach for 7 days first week of August

Las Vegas last week of September

Vegas trip..guy trip..5 guys :shock:

Hopefully we dont lose anyone on the roof of a hotel :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

should be a blast.

Meant to ask. It was a good time?

it was okay. lil overwhelming with all her family there and them just wanting to play games like "catch phrase" every night. much prefer our shore though.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    a few 4 day weekends in july an august at the beach

but the biggie is sept 2-15 (2 weeks starting labor day weekend

BIG SURF CONTEST is taking over where my summer crib is in long beach

gonna be people from all over the world in my little beach town

quicksilver is offering $30,000 to rent my house from august 15- sept 15 but i can't do it..been looking forward to this for my whole life
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    it was okay. lil overwhelming with all her family there and them just wanting to play games like "catch phrase" every night. much prefer our shore though.

I am sure, that's a lot. I am looking forward to the quiet, beach, grilling and drinking. It will just be me, my girlfriend, my mom, my sister and her boyfriend, so its not as crazy and have a good size place so we can definitely get away.

quicksilver is offering $30,000 to rent my house from august 15- sept 15 but i can't do it..been looking forward to this for my whole life

...you mean your parent's house ;)
    www.myspace.com

...you mean your parent's house ;)

yes ...i don't mean i own it..but it is my house
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I am sure, that's a lot. I am looking forward to the quiet, beach, grilling and drinking. It will just be me, my girlfriend, my mom, my sister and her boyfriend, so its not as crazy and have a good size place so we can definitely get away.

that will be cool. are you in corolla?

all the places down there are huge. this one had a lot of room for me to get away from them when i needed to. also had a pool. love relaxing pool side after a day at the beach. awesome way to ease into the evening with a few beers.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that will be cool. are you in corolla?

all the places down there are huge. this one had a lot of room for me to get away from them when i needed to. also had a pool. love relaxing pool side after a day at the beach. awesome way to ease into the evening with a few beers.

Yeah, we're in corolla. I think we have a 5 bedroom for the 5 of us, so plenty of room. Some of the bigger ones are insane. We don't have a pool but have a hot tub and an awesome balcony right on the beach.
    quicksilver is offering $30,000 to rent my parents house from august 15- sept 15

sold.....

i'm going to disney land....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    quicksilver is offering $30,000 to rent my parents house from august 15- sept 15

sold.....

i'm going to disney land....

nah i don't want people living in house

plus i am a beach bum and i would have to give it up the last half of the summer

tempting..but my family loves it too much