Options

**Petition to KEEP MORE CROWD NOISE on MSG Bootlegs!!**

13»

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,571
    demetrios wrote:
    I'll probably get dropped kick for this but I would prefer to hear more live & unedited guitars, bass, drums, keyboards & vocals louder then the audience sound on digital or CD format. If I'm gonna drop money on professionally done live recordings I want the best of the best from the soundboard & stage mixes. I'm not interested in paying to hear louder screams in my car or @ the bar and on the road or in the comfort of my home with stereo surround sound speakers. I want more Pearl Jam live. More Ed, Jeff, Stone, Mike, Matt & Boom then the crowd's scream overpowering the band on stage. Have you heard Kiss Alive 3? We don't want something like that released by Pearl Jam. Believe me! I'm paying to hear my band @ work. If you want to hear your friend Cindy scream's on Crazy Mary or when Maria screams out "I want your baby Eddie", I don't want to hear all that on these professional live bootlegs. If you want more of the audience sound then the Pearl Jam music, the Pearl Jam trading community has a huge fan base of tapers & traders. These show's are already released on many torrents sites. They are called audience recordings. Just my 2 cents! *ducks for cover

I couldn't agree more D. The voice of reason you are. I've been thinking the same thing: there are PLENTY of AUD recordings, if you really want to hear Cindy's scream on Crazy Mary :lol: (i like that one).
  • Options
    jerrylovesjamjerrylovesjam Posts: 132
    benjs wrote:
    I can get behind this. Normally I'm happy to hear a music-heavy, professional sounding mix on the boots but this show was so nuts I would love to hear the crowd a little more than usual. Now if only there were a way to include video of the meathead dude who danced his ass off in our aisle the entire show... classic.

Any word on where to find the audience recording? I'm definitely, definitely buying the official bootleg as soon as it comes out but I could use something to tide me over until then (or at least until my damn Philly boots come in the mail!)
    BrownsNoise - you didn't happen to be Mike's side on the floor on the second section, did you? I kept looking at a meathead dude dancing his ass off all show too - was hysterically funny when the usher kept coming by pushing him back into his seat. He made a complete joke of it and just gave the usher a high five nearly every time :lol:

Hahaha no, I was actually up in the nosebleeds (303). We dubbed him "flannel guy" as he often would roll the ends of his flannel shirt in his hands in between air guitar solos to illustrate his seemingly unbearable yet euphoric connection to the band. He had perfected such moves as the backward leaning out of key scream/sing, the 6 stair jumpdown, the "epic solo" high-five, and of course the 5 beer shuffle. It was very entertaining and it's wonderful that these guys are a dime a dozen in a Pearl Jam crowd so that we can all enjoy a sideshow.

I was in the last row of 203 and that dancing guy was AWESOME!!! He was right behind us and didn't bother any one but security. :lol: I gave him a high five myself going to get a beer..... Great someone else saw that. :)
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.
  • Options
    chloe10chloe10 Posts: 46
    +1

Bump!
    4/17/1994 Paramount Theatre NYC, 9/28/1996 Randall's Island NYC, 6/14/1998 Tibetan Freedom Concert Washington DC, 8/23/2000 Jones Beach NY, 4/29/2003 Albany NY, 7/9/2003 MSG, 5/12/2006 Albany NY, 6/1/2006 Continental Airlines Arena NJ, 6/3/2006 Continental Airlines Arena NJ, 6/24/2008 MSG, 6/25/2008 MSG, 10/30/2009 Philadelphia PA, 10/31/2009 Philadelphia PA, 5/18/2010 Newark NJ, 5/20/2010 MSG, 5/21/2010 MSG
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    I'll probably get dropped kick for this but I would prefer to hear more live & unedited guitars, bass, drums, keyboards & vocals louder then the audience sound on digital or CD format. If I'm gonna drop money on professionally done live recordings I want the best of the best from the soundboard & stage mixes. I'm not interested in paying to hear louder screams in my car or @ the bar and on the road or in the comfort of my home with stereo surround sound speakers. I want more Pearl Jam live. More Ed, Jeff, Stone, Mike, Matt & Boom then the crowd's scream overpowering the band on stage. Have you heard Kiss Alive 3? We don't want something like that released by Pearl Jam. Believe me! I'm paying to hear my band @ work. If you want to hear your friend Cindy scream's on Crazy Mary or when Maria screams out "I want your baby Eddie", I don't want to hear all that on these professional live bootlegs. If you want more of the audience sound then the Pearl Jam music, the Pearl Jam trading community has a huge fan base of tapers & traders. These show's are already released on many torrents sites. They are called audience recordings. Just my 2 cents! *ducks for cover

ABSOLUTELY add me to the list of people that agree with this! Thank u demetrios for posting this. I almost had a heart attack after seeing the thread title. Like we need another reason for the bootlegs to go down hill. Thanks again! Later :?:
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    i vote more crowd noise also....the unofficial boot that came out after the MSG shows on the last tour is one of my favorites ever because the crowd noise and music balance was so great.
  • Options
    BZBZ Posts: 45
    More crowd!
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Agreed. Crowd noise!
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    Are you talking about Stones side? Cause it was in sec 124 on Stones side and saw a long haired dude run across the isles when Hunger Strike came up...he seemed to be stuck in the 90s...look and all!!! It was awesome!

And kudos on the thread man...wouldnt bother to listen to studio recordings after live music albums, crowds make the biggest difference.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    im down with this!
    just make sure they sound like the philly 09 boots! those are perfect
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    Agreed!
  • Options
    ryanevolutionryanevolution Posts: 782
    Plus 1 bump.

They are prob working on them now or soon. Let your voice be heard! Literally!! PLEASE! The philly crowds ARE NOT LOUD ENOUGH! Just listened to night 1 and 3. Yes, the band sounds great! (Stone's guitar a little low imo) but the crowd is def turned down. C'mon engineers!!! Do it!! We want the crowd!!!!!!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    BlackThirteenBlackThirteen Posts: 423
    hey as long as it doesn't overpower the band I'm all for a bit more crowd noise!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,571
    hey as long as it doesn't overpower the band I'm all for a bit more crowd noise!

Thats where the problem could be: over-powering the sound from the band. I'm sure its a fine line, between having the crowd, and the band. But, if theres too MUCH crowd, then we'll have a bunch of threads BITCHING about the crowd noise> :lol:

Just a friendly suggestion for those who want MORE crowd noise: AUDIENCE recordings.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,981
    cutz wrote:

Thats where the problem could be: over-powering the sound from the band. I'm sure its a fine line, between having the crowd, and the band. But, if theres too MUCH crowd, then we'll have a bunch of threads BITCHING about the crowd noise> :lol:

Just a friendly suggestion for those who want MORE crowd noise: AUDIENCE recordings.

Exactly! Go for an audience recordings. Or if the band decides to release a DVD or Blu-ray of the MSG show's, they can do a 5.1 DTS or Dolby True HD audio release where you hear more from the audience screaming & yelling coming from the back 2 speakers; and have the front 3 speakers all Pearl Jam. But still, the Philly '09 show's & latest six 2010 downloads, the quality of the bootlegs are great. I hope they don't do something crazy!
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    yeah i wouldn't mind the crowd being loud in the songs that required extra audience participation (like betterman), and obviously in the parts where ed has everyone take over singing ... even extra crowd in the beginning/end of each song might be be nice... but at the same time i don't really feel like hearing the drunk guy next to me screaming obama during just breathe again... i also don't really want anyone to hear what i said back :? ... i'm sure similar things went on in every section...

i would LOVE if at least 30 seconds of metamorphasis two made it in before the opener though!!
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    YES!! Great idea. And plzzzzzzzzzzzz do the same for the Boston show. THAT crowd was nuts! LOL 8-)
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    WM31482 wrote:
    yeah i wouldn't mind the crowd being loud in the songs that required extra audience participation (like betterman), and obviously in the parts where ed has everyone take over singing ... even extra crowd in the beginning/end of each song might be be nice... but at the same time i don't really feel like hearing the drunk guy next to me screaming obama during just breathe again... i also don't really want anyone to hear what i said back :? ... i'm sure similar things went on in every section...

i would LOVE if at least 30 seconds of metamorphasis two made it in before the opener though!!
    Putting recorded music in the bootleg, if I recall, is a no-no. Also, I'm not sure that the microphones pointing outwards into the crowds would be able to capture the drunk guy next to you screaming obama during just breathe.. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have thought those mics would have been good only for capturing a general crowd noise.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Yes, please.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
    2022: San Diego, LA1
    2024: LA1
  • Options
    nine times out of ten i like audience boots better than the official ones because they contain crowd noise.

except on Benaroya, which is almost ruined by fanboy douchebags who dont know when to shut the fuck up. EDDIE DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU. STOP YELLING OUT HOW YOU LOVE HIM DURING THE QUIET PARTS!
  • Options
    usm3usm3 Posts: 30
    YES! More crowd!
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    im not going to lie but i think they heard you .... sounds to me that they left the crowd levels up a bit
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes