MSG 2 poster

13»

Comments

• RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    edited May 2010
    osvalsan wrote:
    We were able to get 4!!!! Already sold the 1st on ebay for 141! not bad!!

I'm so glad people are paying these ridiculous prices. Why are they? Who knows. Just more of a chance I will get one for $40 on the website and in mint condition when they go on sale in the goods section.

What exactly is the difference of reselling tickets and reselling posters for more money? Does the 10 Club care about both?

Ripping another fan off like that is just ridiculous. I hope someone from the fan club see this.
    Post edited by RedMosquito22 on
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    osvalsan wrote:

youre going to be ripped on.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    osvalsan wrote:

you are such a DBag.
  • AlltheWay23AlltheWay23 Posts: 159
    Have an extra one. Will trade it for the Cubs Chicago T shirt from last year in a Medium
  • chaz725chaz725 Posts: 5
    Theres currently a seller with 7 of these on ebay...so thats awesome...fucker
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    SICK poster!!

Went into night 2 with plans to buy another shirt....ended up spending the money on the poster instead!
    Well done Ames Bros!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    osvalsan wrote:

What exactly is the difference of reselling tickets and reselling posters for more money? Does the 10 Club care about both?

One (ticket) you buy from Ten Club.... The other you are purchasing from the Artist (Ames). Apples and oranges here...
  • ryanevolutionryanevolution Posts: 782
    Mcam55 wrote:
    osvalsan wrote:

you are such a DBag.

Seriously. Congratulations on selling your soul for 100 bucks, yippee! Go dive in your money bin!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    more monkeys!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    Mcam55 wrote:
    osvalsan wrote:

you are such a DBag.

Seriously. Congratulations on selling your soul for 100 bucks, yippee! Go dive in your money bin!

Only on the PJ message board can you find a guy selling a poster for profit considered selling your soul. But then again, if this were the Nobelsville poster, none of this shit would even be talke about. Done...
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    osvalsan wrote:
    This pisses me off so much.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • nykoellenykoelle Posts: 80
    Got my ebay-d poster today! Question! Are they supposed to be signed by the artist, or just the one you'd get from the amesbros site signed? Mine has a amesbros stamp on the bottom but that's it.

Just want to make sure I got a legit poster and all. My MSG 1 one is at home, and that's the only other one I have. Never bothered to buy the posters before. Spent a few bucks on this!
  • LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    nykoelle wrote:
    Got my ebay-d poster today! Question! Are they supposed to be signed by the artist, or just the one you'd get from the amesbros site signed? Mine has a amesbros stamp on the bottom but that's it.

Just want to make sure I got a legit poster and all. My MSG 1 one is at home, and that's the only other one I have. Never bothered to buy the posters before. Spent a few bucks on this!

You got ripped off. Those were the completely fake knock offs that people sell after the show for marked up prices to people who drop a lot of money on these without understanding or asking questions on what they are buying before they spend their money. It's probably covered in hooker spit.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    osvalsan wrote:

One (ticket) you buy from Ten Club.... The other you are purchasing from the Artist (Ames). Apples and oranges here...

You know, I read a book by Chuck Klosterman the other day, and he pointed out what a stupid saying that is...

I mean, apples and oranges are pretty similar: they're both fruit that you eat that come from a tree and have seeds in them.... and frankly if someone changed the apple in my lunch for an orange, I probably wouldn't notice. A much better comparison would be saying it's like apples and a steel bolt or oranges and hardwood flooring...

So in essence you are saying that they're very similar.... oh, and FYI 10C sells the posters as well.

Never protect the flippers. :twisted:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    osvalsan wrote:

Thanks for taking 4x the number you needed. Glad you're profiting from being inconsiderate. :roll:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    osvalsan wrote:

Thanks for taking 4x the number you needed. Glad you're profiting from being inconsiderate. :roll:

+1
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    If you missed one at the show Friday, they'll be in the goods section for $37.50 shipped in about 2 months. How is this so hard to comprehend for some? That's part of the reason why we pay 20 bucks a year to be part of this silly club.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    nykoelle wrote:

You got ripped off. Those were the completely fake knock offs that people sell after the show for marked up prices to people who drop a lot of money on these without understanding or asking questions on what they are buying before they spend their money. It's probably covered in hooker spit.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I don't really think I got ripped off by what I paid, I mean I have the money, and I wanted this poster. It'll go on sale on 10c's website soon enough I'm sure, but I'd probably forget and those would sell out too. Just wanted to make sure these posters are never reproduced or anything.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kick ass poster!
    i need one!
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    Your poster is fine. They only sign the ones sold on their site
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    If you missed one at the show Friday, they'll be in the goods section for $37.50 shipped in about 2 months. How is this so hard to comprehend for some? That's part of the reason why we pay 20 bucks a year to be part of this silly club.

i hope so, i only have the surfin sasquatch one, but this one i want. Newark Mike head is cool too.
    pdalowsky wrote:

thaaats what I needed to know. thank you much. Posters dropped off at the framing place. Very excited indeedlies!
  • joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    what is the exact size of the msg 2 poster i'm going to get a frame today is it 17" x 26"?
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    nykoelle wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

thaaats what I needed to know. thank you much. Posters dropped off at the framing place. Very excited indeedlies!

You framed a bogus poster ???
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    what is the exact size of the msg 2 poster i'm going to get a frame today is it 17" x 26"?

That's what it say's over @ amesbrosshop.com, 17" X 26".
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Anyone with an extra I'd be glad to take it off your hands.
    Still looking
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Anyone with an extra I'd be glad to take it off your hands.
    Still looking

i too have these impulsive tendencies,
    keep looking everywhere and contemplate bidding ( getting robbed really ) on ebay .
    Its so difficult being patient, until the 10C finally puts them up onsale.

Until then , I may be looking around, but ultimately this Santos sale will be all of our saviors .

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org