MSG 2 poster

Comments

• RichGRichG Posts: 45
    I got there at 6:30 and NO VENDORS had any.

If anyone has any extras I will pay you for it. Please let me know.

The show last night was awesome, and I would really like to have the poster to commemorate last night's show.

The Joey Ramone T-Shirt isn't good enough.
    -Rich
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    I was thinking in trade my Hartford s/# for this one, not because this one is better (or worst) is just I was at this show but didn't go to Hartford, I want it just fo sentimental reasons...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I saw 2 guys with 2 tubes each. I offered them cost. They declined, 10Club members none the less. Fuck em. Anyone with an extra I'd be glad to take it off your hands.
    BTW, shame on me for getting there after 7.

I was there by 6:30pm before the Will Call area and didn't get one

It was insane..the Vendors would stop selling and yell "If you don't stop pushing we will stop selling these Posters!"
    Thurs. was nice and easy. Seems like the last show at MSG always seems to bring out the beasts.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Lucky it's 2 per person! It should be 1 per person. I personally like the wristband approach of scoring a print after the show. Somebody posted & saw yesterday somebody coming out of the MSG Night 1 with 50 posters. :shock:

Lucky?
    not for me, by any stretch of the word.

They should do a ticket punch with 1 poster per concert ticket.
    This way the scumbags who arent even attending the concert cant get a poster for flipping.
    Its just fucking stupid .
    Not that I am a huge donkey KONG fan ( but it is NYC ), & I attended the show .

So "EVERYBODY" who didn't attend will automatically flip them?? That's jacked up. I did NOT attend and got one because I love the print! Just happened to be online at 330 and got lucky. Am I gonna flip it? Nope. Gettin framed and hung up. I don't think it's stupid for others out there to get a chance. Sounds like sour grapes.

I don't understand what you mean by "EVERYBODY". Many of us who didn't go to the show's bought the subscription. Not "EVERYBODY" are flippers. Many are still Pearl Jam fans that collect everything Pearl Jam or like the art or like the artist, though many people it's their job, bread & butter that they buy them & flip them, like those families that flip houses every week on HGTV. This sub will be going into my portfolio like the other hundreds of Pearl Jam posters I have! 8-)

Bathgate66, I don't understand when you mean "They should do a ticket punch with 1 poster per concert ticket. This way the scumbags who arent even attending the concert cant get a poster for flipping.Its just fucking stupid!" Are you telling me tourists, anybody from the street that was in the area could of went inside the MSG, buy a poster & leave? I thought the merchandise tables were inside. And to get inside you needed to have a Pearl Jam ticket to get into the MSG, inside where the merchandise tables were at! :?
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    Notice the 'Galaga' creatures on there as well!!! Wicked!!!

:o My son's eyes are falling out of his head!!! We love this. He says, "Get me one Momma, please!"
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    The merch tables where outside, not at the street (but almost!) if you didn't have ticket you could buy anything at the table BUT you needed to pass through 1000 frat boys swearing and pushing to buy not 1 not 2 but as many poster as they pleased, layer they allowed only 2 per costumer... But it was A pain to even buy a tshirt :(
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    I may be willing to trade my MSG2 poster.

Here's what I'm looking for:

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/wa ... =15&page=1

If you have anything I want in mint condition, PM me.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • scoob1057scoob1057 Posts: 94
    Here is an idea. MAKE ENOUGH POSTERS
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Lucky it's 2 per person! It should be 1 per person. I personally like the wristband approach of scoring a print after the show. Somebody posted & saw yesterday somebody coming out of the MSG Night 1 with 50 posters. :shock:

Lucky?
    not for me, by any stretch of the word.

They should do a ticket punch with 1 poster per concert ticket.
    This way the scumbags who arent even attending the concert cant get a poster for flipping.
    Its just fucking stupid .
    Not that I am a huge donkey KONG fan ( but it is NYC ), & I attended the show .

So "EVERYBODY" who didn't attend will automatically flip them?? That's jacked up. I did NOT attend and got one because I love the print! Just happened to be online at 330 and got lucky. Am I gonna flip it? Nope. Gettin framed and hung up. I don't think it's stupid for others out there to get a chance. Sounds like sour grapes.

it is sour grapes/.i didnt get one.
    duh.
    maybe not everybody is flipping, but alot/most are .
    people attending should have the primary chance before those that didnt.
    thats common sense
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    [/quote]

it is sour grapes/.i didnt get one.
    duh.
    maybe not everybody is flipping, but alot/most are .
    people attending should have the primary chance before those that didnt.
    thats common sense[/quote]

Not trying to be rude but they did have primary chance before those that didn't. A limited number (as usual) were sold at the venue before going on sale in a limited number. Same as it's been all tour. Just seems because this posters is one of the best of the tour so far, there is more screaming. Had this been your ohh "Noblesville" poster, hell this wouldn't even be talked about. Trust me, I was at that show. HA!
  • PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    I love this poster. I really wish I got in early enough to get one. Damn it!!!!
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

demetrios wrote:

Bathgate66, I don't understand when you mean "They should do a ticket punch with 1 poster per concert ticket. This way the scumbags who arent even attending the concert cant get a poster for flipping.Its just fucking stupid!" Are you telling me tourists, anybody from the street that was in the area could of went inside the MSG, buy a poster & leave? I thought the merchandise tables were inside. And to get inside you needed to have a Pearl Jam ticket to get into the MSG, inside where the merchandise tables were at! :?

demetrios
    you could walk in off the street . buy 2 posters, then walk out .
    i was waiting on that line, (to no avail) - in hopes of going back to the car and unloading the poster before the show.

If they did a ticket punch , it would ensure 1 poster per ticket.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Yeah it was really done poorly... I got there really early... like 5:15 and the two stands by the front gate were jammed people pushing and fighting... Right side sold out quick and it was brutal getting over to the other side... Although from what I saw they were only allowing people to buy two at a time not to say you couldn't just jump back online I guess...

10c member was cool enough to let us know that a stand inside was selling them right in front of will call without having to enter the venue.... Much more civilized with an actual line... Were only allowing 1 per customer but that was all I was looking for anyways... Can't wait to frame this bad boy and get it... anyone have any suggestions on a framing store around Westchester??
    "It can't rain all the time"
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    Sounds like process at the venue that was screwed up.
  • PorchRatsPorchRats Posts: 164
    One dude offered me 100 dollars for my poster...thought hard about it but had to turn him down. This poster is sick!
    2000: Saratoga
    2003: Albany, Hartford, Camden 1+2,
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston 2,
    2008: Mansfield,
    2010 MSG 1+2,
    2011: Alpine Valley 1+2
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn 1+2, Philly 1+2, Hartford
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    it was brutal. My friend was trying at the original stand. He wasnt moving too much and people were shoving their way in front of him.

I saw they were going to open another stand. I went over there and security booted me out. when I got to the other side again, it suddenly opened and people started flocking over like seagulls. I got over there and grabbed a couple posters for me and my friend.

Meanwhile the original stand was running out and people really got kinda violent. My friend was at the front and they ran out, which is good... didnt want double posters.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    love the lil statue of liberty at the top! maybe thats the PJ tour bus at the bottom? coming to save her :D

whos the guy jumping the taxi? cant make it out in the pic...

tons of great details! i like when ames restores the faith... i hate seeing all the trash talk around here when i know theyre still capable of great prints like this

fits the day, the city, and the PJ style
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    edited May 2010
    Got Some if you need it,...

These are my trades

Perhaps i have something youre looking for, and we can iron out a deal.

Take a look
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    both nights were amazing artwork

both msg poster sales are gonna crash this board

:lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

sell me your extra night 2 metsy.,...

please ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

sell me your extra night 2 metsy.,...

please ?

i didn't get one but was offered one. i declined the offer just cause i was gonna be takin the 2:53 am train back home and i know it's when all the drunks are on the train.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I wouldn't count on there being much of a poster sale after the tour... Not like last years... Most or all cities sold out pretty quick again this time... Unlike last years tour
  • AriakonAriakon Posts: 3
    I had to have the Poster...broke down and bought the PJ tour subscription at the Ames Bros site.
    PJ: 04-28-2003, 07-08-2003, 07-09-2003, 10-03-2005, 05-28-2006, 06-19-2008, 06-20-2008, 10-27-2009, 10-28-2009, 10-30-2009, 10-31-2009, 05-18-2010, 05-20-2010, 05-21-2010, 09-03-2011, 09-04-2011
    EV: 06-21-2011, 06-25-2011
  • nykoellenykoelle Posts: 80
    Yep. Dropped $130 on this poster on Ebay. Call me what you will, I admit I need a 12 step program. I usually don't even care about the posters, I only have one other one, but this show was too amazing, and the design is too awesome. I had to have it.

I just hope it ships like, tomorrow. X-)
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I really want this poster, but don't wanna drop $130 on eBay or get the Ames subscription. Looks like I'm waiting a few months till Santos sale.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • uconndennisuconndennis Posts: 85
    Ariakon wrote:
    I had to have the Poster...broke down and bought the PJ tour subscription at the Ames Bros site.

me too, as soon as I saw it posted here, I went to Ames site and bought the whole subscription
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    If I was 10 years old...
    I would hang this poster on my wall.......

Sorry...Just dont like it

I'm guessing that's why my son loves it! He says he 'needs' it & is willing to sell his night 1 Boston '04...I say...'Balls'...I'm not selling that for this. Where's your cash so I can buy it for you?...I don't have any cash, Momma. :cry::lol:
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I will pass and save $70 when I can get one from the goods section in a few months. There will be plenty for those who want one.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    I came home and bought the poster off of eBay for $80. I didn't have a chance to get one at the show and when i saw it online i had to get it. I love this print :mrgreen:
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • osvalsanosvalsan Posts: 27
    We were able to get 4!!!! Already sold the 1st on ebay for 141! not bad!!
    Tampa 08, MSG 5/20/2010, MSG 5/21/2010, Wrigley 2013