Explain Your Username

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Wilds is my surname. Means "man of the woods" in olde English.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    normp.jpg
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i tell the story about mine from time to time...

this is not the time for me to be telling the story :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    one of my favorite songs/videos from another band I love!!
    Heart Shaped Box ~ Nirvana ~~~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6P0SitRwy8 ;) :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Tenzing N.Tenzing N. Posts: 466
    Carried all the stuff, found the routes, respected the mountain...

Sir Ed gets the credit.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems the one deserving all the praise was turned into a footnote...
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    first 3 of my surname is pap too, in high school my friends called me pappy and smearie. ahhh what can you do ;)

as for IP, then boro na laeo.. how's my Greek :lol: :?
    wah
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I like the song, and I am an adult male.
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    I love the film Shaun Of The Dead (or any zombie movie for that matter) and as my name is Siân (pronounced SHARN), it seemed to fit perfectly :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    first 3 of my surname is pap too, in high school my friends called me pappy and smearie. ahhh what can you do ;)

"Den mporo na po" is the correct ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PapPap Posts: 28,777
    first 3 of my surname is pap too...
    :shock: What a coincidence! Wow! Your Greek is great! Bravo! Where do you learn Greek?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    demetrios wrote:
    From one of my favourite movies :D

the-fifth-element.jpg

One of my favorite films of all time! :D
    me also :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i was meant to be called drunKman... but when i signed up I was drunk and mis-spelled it... I also didnt mean to sign up to Pearl Jam.. I thought it was a website about Japanese women and where they hid their jewelery.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    dunkman wrote:
    i was meant to be called drunKman... but when i signed up I was drunk and mis-spelled it... I also didnt mean to sign up to Pearl Jam.. I thought it was a website about Japanese women and where they hid their jewelery.
    perv. :lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    Mine is reference to Full Metal Jacket

"here you are all equally worthless!"
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • HeyWayneHeyWayne Posts: 316
    It's just what people shout at me all the time - so figured it was my name.

It was that, or "Oi, ****!"
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    From the Who song of the same name :D
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    when i went to sign up for the synergy message pit back in '99, i wanted to use the name InnocentBystander. obviously that was taken, so it was evident i couldn't be innocent, so i went prefixed it with "un" and dropped the "bystander". i held on to "uninnocent" for a long time, then the board changed, and i was never able to reactivate my user name, so i appended a hyphen at the end of my name, hence uninnocent-. i'd much prefer it sans the dash, but whatever, i've learned to live with it.

of course, i used to always say that i picked my name because i'm not quite innocent, but that's just too easy an answer.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eyed made mine up whilst inside his thinktank. 8-)

I could never lie to Cate. In all honesty, my thinktank consisted of me and my three cats wearing aluminum foil hats while lounging around a hopscotch court.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • it's my name, rank and serial number
    UPDATE: "2012, watch it go to fire!"

1996-Ft. Laud/1998-WP Bch/2000-Tpa/2003-Tpa/2004-Kiss/2008-WP Bch/2008-Tampa/2010 Jazz Fest/9/11/11 & 9/12/11 Toronto,/ 9/12/11 Film Fest w/Eddie

9/22 Midtown Fest and Eddie solo 12/3 & 12/4
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    jethro tull and pearl jam and smoking make me happy
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Not much to say about mine. I picked it years ago. I might not pick it now. I still love NY though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    eyedclaar wrote:
    eyed made mine up whilst inside his thinktank. 8-)

I could never lie to Cate. In all honesty, my thinktank consisted of me and my three cats wearing aluminum foil hats while lounging around a hopscotch court.

and by cats you dont mean beret wearing, reefer smoking jazzlistening HEPcats do you?? ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I just honestly couldn't think of anything, and this was the first thing that popped into my head. I'd prefer to change it to FlyingPirahna now, though, since I go by it on a lot of forums.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471

"Den mporo na po" is the correct ;)

AHHHH YES! thank you Dimi ;) PO is much better!
    Pap wrote:
    first 3 of my surname is pap too...
    :shock: What a coincidence! Wow! Your Greek is great! Bravo! Where do you learn Greek?

at Greek school, like every good Greek girl :lol: :? :)

yeh there's a few here! pappas is another forum member...
    wah
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Because I'm Still Here

oh and 2 other reasons:

Reason 1. 'some" ppl gave me a hard time about my former Username....PJ Touring Girl...I guess since I hadn't been to enough shows to satisfy some ppl..

Reason 2...and the better reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gct6BB6ijcw
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Stargirl is a favourite book of mine and I was born in 69
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    No.
    i won't.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Van Halen is my favorite band, so I picked Atomic Punk off of VH1
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    My mom wanted to name me Oona (I cannot remember the inspiration for this). But, the decision of what to name me turned out to be what was one of maybe three compromises she made with my father :lol:

hey went with something boring.

Left as the "last name," because Wright is last name - why not Left? I've considered spelling it with the double "L" (as in Lloyd), just so it is differentiated from the direction.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    At a job I had many years ago, my wild and crazy co-workers nicknamed me The Princess (very long story) and it stuck. I tend to use Princess as my screen name but sometimes I find it's already taken so I add something to it. That's what happened when I joined 10C. Since The Who are my favorite band I went with whoprincess. Not very imaginative and I sometimes wish I'd thought about it longer and picked a song title.

When I went to the VH1 Rock Honors, since I was going to be meeting a lot of people who only knew me as Princess on various Who boards, I found someone to make me a special tiara just for the occasion. A friend of mine took this picture of it:

topviewtiara.jpg
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."