I met eddie vedder once...

2»

Comments

• wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    i_lov_it wrote:
    How on EARTH does everyone Meet Him/them??? :?...wait by the Stage door or something!

In my case, he came out for a smoke while the rest of the band were soundchecking and just came over for a chat with the 10 or so early arrivals.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • I met Matt backstage at a Soundgarden show in 95. Talked to him for about 20 minutes. Super humble, awesome guy. We stood there laughing Ben Shephard all out of his mind trying to get run over by the tour buses getting yelled at by all the crew. Wish I had had a camera at the time. Little did I know he'd end up the drummer of my favourite band!

My boss met the whole band in their trailer at Sunfest in 93. He's the one who got me backstage at SG (he had a catering business on the side). He said they all seemed very "out of it" and Ed just sat there with his hood over his face. Bastard said "well you should have told me you liked them, I would have got you in!".

:shock:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    my creepy response to this thread caused a dream last night where ed was playing a solo show here (YES) and was walking through the crowd and he shook my hand and asked what the bus pre pay cards are called here, and i said "snapper cards?" and he said "what's a snapper?" and I said "isn't it a fush?" with ultra strong kiwi accent and he muttered something and ran outside.. everyone saw him run and then trip and then smack his head on the concrete. then he stood up and was dazed and confused. the crowd thought it was part of his act (yeah, the comedy act..) and laughed. i ran out to him and said "heyyy buddy.. you ok?" and he was giggling... i said "are you taking the piss or did you hurt yourself?" and then noticed the big bump on his head. so i offered to call his wife and he said no. he was off in la la land so i took him back inside where he wandered the crowd for a bit before being led away by his people. heh :mrgreen:
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    I had a dream a few weeks ago I met Boom. In the dream, his hair was a lot shorter, making me think it was a wig. :lol:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • pjammer92pjammer92 Posts: 67
    I have met Eddie like over 50 times and who cares all you need to know is when hes sober he is shy and when he is drunk he is more talkative, but either way he is humble and a good person... Dont ask hime anything, just chat with him about random shit and your converstaion will go much further.
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    pjammer92 wrote:
    I have met Eddie like over 50 times and who cares all you need to know is when hes sober he is shy and when he is drunk he is more talkative, but either way he is humble and a good person... Dont ask hime anything, just chat with him about random shit and your converstaion will go much further.
    over 50 times? You must have the access of the gods....or you're a stalker.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • HAPHESHAPHES Posts: 19
    iv'e told this story before but i met ed outside the tower in 6/09 after his solo show there. i tried not to get nervous and managed to tell him that LBC is my favorite PJ song to which he asked if I had heard them sing with the african kids. He went on to tell me that the kids didn't know what pizza was and they had to show them how to eat it; also they had never had monitors in their ears before and they had to explain all about those. it was a conversation with someone you can only ever dream of meeting. BTW he has a genuine handshake and really cared that we were all there. meeting ed trumps never getting the lottery, for sure.
  • HAPHES wrote:
    meeting ed trumps never getting the lottery, for sure.

the understatement of the year! ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    HAPHES wrote:
    meeting ed trumps never getting the lottery, for sure.

the understatement of the year! ;)

+1
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • veddergirl232veddergirl232 Posts: 157
    forester wrote:
    I met Eddie once. 2008- I wanted to say "thanks for all you do, how you inspire, know what I'm thinking, blah blah," and then all I could think was, "wow, what a firm handshake, and how soft and warm his hand is and oh my god I can't believe this", and then he moved on. I was totally dumbstruck- totally missed my chance. But I will never forget that handshake. :D

Ahhhhh, wish I could touch (and kiss his hand), he's so yummy...
    "If you knew me you wouldn't love me"- EV April 17, 1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
  • elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    alisonk wrote:

its this creepy shit that makes me not like the interwebs.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    i didn't ask him anything.
    i just pointed and yelled "ed you fuckin' rock!"
    he just smiled that modest smile of his, nodded, and put his hand up as to say "thanks".

that was outside of the JLC in london ontario in 05 (i think it was 05... it was either 05 or 06)
  • jonnyrock1975jonnyrock1975 Posts: 127
    pjammer92 wrote:

blimey, youve met him 50 times. how come you only joined the forum in 07? and youve only made 50 posts, i would have thought youd have a lot more to say...
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Lukin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • alisonk wrote:
    forester wrote:
    I met Eddie once. 2008- I wanted to say "thanks for all you do, how you inspire, know what I'm thinking, blah blah," and then all I could think was, "wow, what a firm handshake, and how soft and warm his hand is and oh my god I can't believe this", and then he moved on. I was totally dumbstruck- totally missed my chance. But I will never forget that handshake. :D

How did you like slow Lukin at MSG 2?
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    I met him a year back after his solo shows and just told him it was my 21st birthday. He knew that I traveled to see him as well so he was almost taken back by it. He told me he wanted to give me a hug and it pretty much made my life.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I still want to know what's the point to being vegetarian... if you're gonna give yourself liver disease from drinking.. I may be an alcoholic too, but I just let the booze do it's job and take me out of this world, between that and the cigs, I should be on my way out!!lmao.
  • AnarionKingAnarionKing Posts: 170
    I would probably also shut down completely if I ever were to meet him.

I met Viggo Mortensen at this Lord of the Rings event a few years ago. After he had signed my LotR-book the only thing I said was "did you like singing in the last movie?" Christ, so cheesy. That moment has haunted me :lol: The worst thing was I said it in norwegian, him being danish and all. I have no idea if he understood. He just looked at me strangely for a second, before answering "ja" (yes) with a sly smile ^^
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I met mr vedder twice. The first time was after getting into the taping for masters of war at letterman. I was told to wait by the elevator and soon enough all members come out. Sorry to say it but mr stone blew me off, but everybody else came and said hello. I was taken a back for a second and said "wow, I need to take a step back." and they chuckled. Then Ed and I made eye contact, showed him the vinyl and he said thank you. As he was walking away he was looking at it. Then he stops, puts down his traveling "lunch pale" walks back to me, puts his arm around me and in his low voice mutters'" I fucken really appreciate this."...ya, remember it like yesterday.
    The secnd time was in Darby. We were lucky enough to be standing by about 8 people when he comes out of the bus. My gf was floored. He walked up to all of us and said hello with a hand shake. I waited to be last and when he went to shake my hand, I asked him how he liked the vinyl from letterman? His reply, "yes, it was great and how have you been? Man pretty cool 2 moments I've had meeting mr vedder.
    On a funny occasion, our seats were 6th row to the left railing jones beach back in early 2000 and after they were walking by to the waiting vans, they had to walk by us. I saw Matt walking and I said hello, went to shake his hand and some wako runs between us and yells BOO!!!! at me. That wako was no other than mr vedder!!! And he laughed to the van yelling at me that he scared me! That was a funny one... :mrgreen:
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    doompony wrote:
    funny you should say that. i shook his hand in wellington and the thing that i remember the most about that was how firm his hand squeeze was and how soft his hands were. hehe.

Ditto
    And he calls himself the Fixer? haha... I can still remember how soft his hand was and its been almost 10 years.
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    badbrains wrote:
    I met mr vedder twice. The first time was after getting into the taping for masters of war at letterman. I was told to wait by the elevator and soon enough all members come out. Sorry to say it but mr stone blew me off, but everybody else came and said hello. I was taken a back for a second and said "wow, I need to take a step back." and they chuckled. Then Ed and I made eye contact, showed him the vinyl and he said thank you. As he was walking away he was looking at it. Then he stops, puts down his traveling "lunch pale" walks back to me, puts his arm around me and in his low voice mutters'" I fucken really appreciate this."...ya, remember it like yesterday.
    The secnd time was in Darby. We were lucky enough to be standing by about 8 people when he comes out of the bus. My gf was floored. He walked up to all of us and said hello with a hand shake. I waited to be last and when he went to shake my hand, I asked him how he liked the vinyl from letterman? His reply, "yes, it was great and how have you been? Man pretty cool 2 moments I've had meeting mr vedder.
    On a funny occasion, our seats were 6th row to the left railing jones beach back in early 2000 and after they were walking by to the waiting vans, they had to walk by us. I saw Matt walking and I said hello, went to shake his hand and some wako runs between us and yells BOO!!!! at me. That wako was no other than mr vedder!!! And he laughed to the van yelling at me that he scared me! That was a funny one... :mrgreen:
    unbelievable story....congrats
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.