The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    15 looks haaaaard 
    Golf channel doing an awesome job giving an overview of the course. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    Tiger lawsuit states video evidence was destroyed. Ruh roh...
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Played my first two rounds here in Jacksonville FL over the weekend. Shot 78-77. I've already found a group at work that does regular outings after work. We play this week on Thursday afternoon. I have the day off on Friday so I made an 8:00am tee time so I can play in the morning and then catch Tiger's full round in the afternoon.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    Wobbie said:
    “dryject.” they do it at augusta, too. :wink:

I get that done twice a year in my back yard. 
    No, you don’t.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    “dryject.” they do it at augusta, too. :wink:

I get that done twice a year in my back yard. 
    No, you don’t.
    Had it done yesterday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    I forgot what it was but, I believe there is a sign in the clubhouse that says if you are more than a 7HC don't attempt to play this course, lol!

Came on here to remind anyone that is interested in getting Masters Tix that the deadline is coming up.
    I forgot what it was but, I believe there is a sign in the clubhouse that says if you are more than a 7HC don't attempt to play this course, lol!

Came on here to remind anyone that is interested in getting Masters Tix that the deadline is coming up.
    Thanks for the reminder. I put in for the lottery but odds are slim. Do you know when they notify lottery winners? 
    bbiggs said:

Thanks for the reminder. I put in for the lottery but odds are slim. Do you know when they notify lottery winners? 
    I just did one too. Website said July. 

Is there any kind of a trick to increase your odds? I just requested every practice and every weekend day...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:

Is there any kind of a trick to increase your odds? I just requested every practice and every weekend day...
    No.  You are MUCH more likely to get practice round tickets. I have heard of no one getting competition but a few friends of friends have gotten practice round.

The are good.  You'll be kicked out entirely if you submit multiple people with the same address. Everything needs to match credit cards.  Best bet is hope you win a practice round then stubhub it for Thursday/Friday
    Personally, I am thinking about going to the Women's Amateur sometime.  I would love to go to the Master's but I also just want to walk the course. Seems like an awesome opportunity to, maybe stay until Tuesday and buy practice round then come home.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    bbiggs said:

GA or reserved?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Are we concerned tiger didn’t show up today?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    Are we concerned tiger didn’t show up today?
    I don’t think so.  He was there last week.  I wonder if he had an afternoon start tomorrow instead of morning if he would have showed up.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    Im currently 0 for 10 in the masters ticket lottery. Looking forward to getting my annual ticket rejection email this summer. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956
    Probably going Saturday

my childhood home 1/4 mile from the Black Coarse, I play all the coarses at Bethpage which is really in Farmingdale ;) Always In good shape, Black is tough to walk but great experience 

I bought a house 20 minutes away 2 years ago but still find myself at Bethpage a few times a month

im going with Dustin Johnson
    CROJAM95 said:
    Probably going Saturday

my childhood home 1/4 mile from the Black Coarse, I play all the coarses at Bethpage which is really in Farmingdale ;) Always In good shape, Black is tough to walk but great experience 

I bought a house 20 minutes away 2 years ago but still find myself at Bethpage a few times a month

You’re going on Saturday with DJ? Nice man!

I was there in ‘02 and was at the green when Scot Hoag (sp?) hit that hole in one. Really cool experience.  I was really drunk. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956
    CROJAM95 said:
    Probably going Saturday

You’re going on Saturday with DJ? Nice man!

I was there in ‘02 and was at the green when Scot Hoag (sp?) hit that hole in one. Really cool experience.  I was really drunk. 
    Haha  I wish, no going with DJ to win

I was there in 2002 as well, had trophy club credentials, double fisting drinks for 7-8 hours.....I had to take a shuttle to jones beach due to it being after 9-11 and security being tight, even though I could have easily walked in

Friend of mines parents are expected to make a couple thousand this weekend to let people park

BOOM
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    Nice!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    Aaannnnndd....damn!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Aaannnnndd....damn!
    Yeah, those two 3 putts suck
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828
    Brooks needs to chill out.
    These nike hats suck shit 
    What a huge round for spieth 
    edited May 2019
    lol koepka shot a 63 on Bethpage Black with pars on the par 5s
    Only 2 par 5’s. Crazy. But agreed...he usually destroys them 
    These nike hats suck shit 
    It’s no wonder their shit is obsolete. Worst hats ever 
    bbiggs said:
    Only 2 par 5’s. Crazy. But agreed...he usually destroys them 
    Which makes it even more crazy, no? Shot -7 on 16 par 4s and 3s? That’s insane