The Golf Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    yo, bitches.

fuck motherfucking tiger fucking woods.

glad y’all can root for a garbage person.

GOAT.
    The ball and the hitter were both juiced. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Reminder, Tiger Woods won the Masters.
    I hadn't heard.  Wonder if he's traded phone #s with Bob Kraft yet.  Last one to grab 'em by the ***** is a rotten egg! :murica:
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    yo, bitches.

fuck motherfucking tiger fucking woods.

glad y’all can root for a garbage person.

GOAT.
    You’re just trying to get a rise out of us now! 😂
    edited April 2019

Michael Jordan's minor league career was more impressive than Bonds' career. 

I just realized one thing though these careers have in common:  absolutely no one cares about either of them.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

I just realized one thing though these careers have in common:  absolutely no one cares about either of them.

Wrong. I'm a huge fan of Jordan's baseball career. I was actually somewhat obsessed with in when it happened when I was 10 years old. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

No one cares about the two greatest player's their respective sports have even seen?  Hell, I don't even like golf, but I can't disrespect Jack Nicklaus like that.

No one cares about the two greatest player's their respective sports have even seen?  Hell, I don't even like golf, but I can't disrespect Jack Nicklaus like that.

Just poking fun at Wobbie who loves the Giants and hates Tiger.  And I was referring to Michael Jordan's baseball career (not his NBA career). 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

who?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Henry “Hank” Aaron is the all-time home run leader. 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Playing 45 holes tomorrow with my best friend before I relocate to Jacksonville FL next week. Special days of golf call for special irons. I only sparingly play these, usually during big events on nice courses. These Vega irons from Kyoei Golf, as of 2011, were the only left handed set in the world. I still can't find any info on another set. They were forged by hand by the same man who used to be at Miura and forged Tiger's irons when they were rebranded as Mizuno/Nike around the new millenneum. Looking forward to a beautiful day on the course.
    ^ Tour Edge Exotics is a great brand. Their fairway woods are pure bombers! They’re manufactured about 10 miles from where I live too. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    What the fuck are those and show me the sweet spot!!!!!
    What the fuck are those and show me the sweet spot!!!!!
    They're technically a "raw" finish so they wear in a really cool way.
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Tour Edge Exotics is a great brand. Their fairway woods are pure bombers! They’re manufactured about 10 miles from where I live too. 
    This is my 3rd Exotics 3 wood. I've always loved them and you're right, I can almost keep up with my driver in distance. Sadly, they are making less and less models available in lefty. As is the story with many brands and their blade irons (Mizuno and Taylormade specifically)
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    This is my 3rd Exotics 3 wood. I've always loved them and you're right, I can almost keep up with my driver in distance. Sadly, they are making less and less models available in lefty. As is the story with many brands and their blade irons (Mizuno and Taylormade specifically)
    That’s crazy. I had no idea how hard it was to find lefty clubs. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Wobbie said:

who?

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited April 2019
    @Cliffy6745
    You mean this guy?

bbiggs said:

longevity was Hank’s greatest skill. great player but Bonds was better.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The most HR Aaron hit in a season was 47.  Bonds only eclipsed that twice when he hit 49 and 73.  Aaron led the league 4 times, Bonds only twice.  Both played 22+ seasons and were models of consistency.  But carry on with the Bonds/steroids argument and continue to look like fools.
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

Bonds definitely had more talent. Unfortunately he tainted that by juicing. Wouldn’t have broken the HR record without the juice, but he didn’t need to take anything to enhance his raw talent. A wise man once said, “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.” - Robert DeNiro - A Bronx Tale
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

Bonds definitely had more talent. Unfortunately he tainted that by juicing. Wouldn’t have broken the HR record without the juice, but he didn’t need to take anything to enhance his raw talent. A wise man once said, “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.” - Robert DeNiro - A Bronx Tale
    He didn't taint anything.  People need to get over the steroid era already.  He wasn't doing anything different that anybody else was or wasn't doing.  There is no way to know for certain he wouldn't have broke the HR record.  He could've played another season or two and done it anyway.  Everyone focuses only the 73 HR year, never the other 21 seasons where he rarely ever hit more than 45.  Everyone wants to take some moral high road now looking back in hindsight like "juice" was the worst and only bad thing to ever happen to baseball.
    ^ No moral high ground here; however, when we’re talking about one of the greatest records in modern sport, I’m in the camp that an asterisk must be put next to Bonds’ name.  You’re in the other camp, which is all good. No one is right or wrong here. And I stand by my belief that without juice he doesn’t break the record. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited April 2019
    bbiggs said:
    ^ No moral high ground here; however, when we’re talking about one of the greatest records in modern sport, I’m in the camp that an asterisk must be put next to Bonds’ name.  You’re in the other camp, which is all good. No one is right or wrong here. And I stand by my belief that without juice he doesn’t break the record. 
    Steroids or not, he's a garbage person and it's quite humorous to see his biggest fan here rip Tiger all the time over his character. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:
    Steroids or not, he's a garbage person and it's quite humorous to see his biggest fan here rip Tiger all the time over his character. 
    It is ironic, isn’t it? 
    bbiggs said:

tiger has no character.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    bbiggs said:

meet me in the baseball thread and tell me why Bonds is a “garbage person.” I’ll spot you steroids and churlishness with the media (which is really not something you should care about). go ahead, lay out all his garbageness.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    If we're going to turn this into a baseball thread let's at least mention Vlad Guerrero. Dude had a hell of a golf swing. 
    bflynn1 said:
    If we're going to turn this into a baseball thread let's at least mention Vlad Guerrero. Dude had a hell of a golf swing. 

really? cuz his baseball swing was not exactly textbook.

I told juggler to bring his hatorade to the baseball thread.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    It is ironic, isn’t it? 
    Let's not forget his guy Urban Meyer.

Wobbie likes:
    Barry Bonds
    Urban Meyer
    Roughly 8+ MLB teams
    Maybe 6+ NCAA football teams

Wobbie dislikes:
    Tiger Woods
    Chicago Cubs...seemingly everyone on their current roster
    and the Tom Hanks of baseball, Mr. Greg Maddux 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.