Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    12 was big and was definitely the turning point especially when you consider brooks also got wet. The 6 foot par putt was a huge shot on that hole too 

I think the shot on 16 was when he won though. He did what he had to do on the two par 5s the he gets to 16 and hits it to kick in range and a 2 shot lead. That’s the biggest one to me. The drive on 17 was a monster and that’s a tough hole. A bad drive there brings everyone back in play.

Definitely agree 12 was huge and turning point. 16 was the winner to me.

I can’t wait to read and listen to every word on this this week
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    So alright. I am sold on 12. This is fucking great. Joe Poz is the best

https://joeposnanski.com/tiger-and-time/

I’m gonna read this about a dozen times
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,026

This was good.  Thanks for posting.

I'm also glad you see the importance of that 12th hole.

What a Masters!!!
  • Options

This was good.  Thanks for posting.

I'm also glad you see the importance of that 12th hole.

What a Masters!!!
    Yeah man. It was awesome and of course.

For sure. This is how I’ll put it. 12 was, I know more about this course and situation...I’m not losing this fucker here.  16 was, I know more about this course and situation...I’m winning this fucker here

This has to be one of the best tournaments of all time. 
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Congrats Tiger!  One of the best Masters that ive seen.  wow... even my wife was excited and she hates golf
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    So the one reporter, shackleford I think, asked about his gum and made a wise ass remark. Apparently these guys are all over CBD oil and gum to keep them calm.

tiger deflected 

kinda like when I smoke a joint on the course
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394

I know I'm probably in the minority but that was dripping in cheesiness to me. 
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority but that was dripping in cheesiness to me. 
    Joe poz gets the benefit of the doubt. One of the best sports writers there are. It’s great
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    So the one reporter, shackleford I think, asked about his gum and made a wise ass remark. Apparently these guys are all over CBD oil and gum to keep them calm.

tiger deflected 

kinda like when I smoke a joint on the course
    That was funny. Tiger said it’s because he’s always hungry so he chews gum to take his mind off of hunger....riiiiight! 😂
  • Options
    I’m watching the entire Tiger press conference. Some of these questions reporters ask are so dumb. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I’m watching the entire Tiger press conference. Some of these questions reporters ask are so dumb. 
    Abso-freakin-lutely. I mean are they even fans of the game? THESE are the questions they come up with?
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Abso-freakin-lutely. I mean are they even fans of the game? THESE are the questions they come up with?
    Exactly. At least get people in there that have SOME type of knowledge about the game. Geez 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    He still hasn't proven he can win outside of the state of Georgia.  Until he does that I don't think he is back.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202
    Not gonna lie, got a little watery eyed.

What an epic comeback from where he once fell to.
    same.  loved the emotion after he won it.   incredible come back from the injuries and against today's competition.  pretty damn cool to see.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,295
    Anyone saying Tiger got too much attention this weekend?

Look out, Jack!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    He was so in Molinari and Finau's heads on 12 when he went straight to the green to line up his birdie putt as they drop after hitting in the hazard. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    He was so in Molinari and Finau's heads on 12 when he went straight to the green to line up his birdie putt as they drop after hitting in the hazard. 
    I just finished Posnaski’s piece about 12. Beautifully written and so true. 

He won it on 12. Everything changed the moment Frankie rolled into the water and Tiger hit the correct safe shot. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,932
    That's why it's called Amen Corner.  A lot of the times the tournament is either won or lost on that stretch of holes. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options

He won it on 12. Everything changed the moment Frankie rolled into the water and Tiger hit the correct safe shot. 
    I don’t Know. There were so many big shots after. Hell, last time he won the masters he went bogey bogey to lose a two shot lead with two to go
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    So apparently I'm going to go play a round soon.  Wish me luck, the only golf ball I've ever hit is either putt-putt or with an aluminum baseball bat to see how far it'll go.
  • Options

I don’t Know. There were so many big shots after. Hell, last time he won the masters he went bogey bogey to lose a two shot lead with two to go
    Yeah I hear you. And I saw you made point about it being 16 but I think 16 was the icing on the cake. I was nervous as hell but didn't allow myself to think it was going to happened until 12. I can't imagine a bigger momentum changer. 

Can I just say how much I have always loved Vern Lundquist too? So great that he's back on 16 for the Masters every year. Something about his voice that just makes moments rise to the highest of levels. 

And I am loving the new schedule. Only a month away from Bethpage at this point. So much easier for the sport to carry over the momentum to the next major if they're all just 4 weeks apart. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yeah I hear you. And I saw you made point about it being 16 but I think 16 was the icing on the cake. I was nervous as hell but didn't allow myself to think it was going to happened until 12. I can't imagine a bigger momentum changer. 

Can I just say how much I have always loved Vern Lundquist too? So great that he's back on 16 for the Masters every year. Something about his voice that just makes moments rise to the highest of levels. 

And I am loving the new schedule. Only a month away from Bethpage at this point. So much easier for the sport to carry over the momentum to the next major if they're all just 4 weeks apart. 
    I don't think 16 was icing.  If he doesn't birdie that, it's a completely different tournament and he has to play the next two differently, most specifically he can't lay back as much on 18 and is hitting driver.

Where does this stack up in his majors?  I'd probably go 

• Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540

I think he won it at 16.  Koepka still had a lot of holes left and missed two putts on 17 and 18 he would have hit at the PGA last summer. 

New Tiger did something old Tiger was never able to do, and that was come from behind for a major.  Cool to see that stat go away. 

• Options
    edited April 2019
    If you look down the list of past recipients, Tiger definitely belongs....

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Tiger should just shave his head, he’s already going bald.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Playing 18 holes today and tomorrow. Weather is in the 70s so it should be a great couple of days.
  • Options
    I am playing this place by my parents house tomorrow. They call themselves the Augusta of the North. It's a really nice looking course:

https://www.baywoodgreens.com/golf
    chinese-happy.jpg