albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Golf in this format cannot be beaten 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Webb fucking Simpson taking down rose. Did not see that coming. Tony finau beating fleetwood. Come on tiger/Phil. It’s up to you guys
    I don’t know how you can’t love JT. Kid is all respect and just a baller
    Amazing accomplishment for tiger to be on this team but yiiiiikes 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Brutal performances from DJ and Rickie.  Molinari is a fucking machine!
  • The Americans are soft.   Tiger doesn’t care about the Cup.   Leave him off next
    time.
    JT was the only American that played the French Open at this course earlier this year.  And he was the best performer for the US....imagine that.  I used to think it was nonsense, but I'm starting to think the Euros really do care more about this.
  • JT was the only American that played the French Open at this course earlier this year.  And he was the best performer for the US....imagine that.  I used to think it was nonsense, but I'm starting to think the Euros really do care more about this.

Oh they absolutely care more about this.  Their emotions are real.  They seem to have a lot of players where their success is tied to their play in the Ryder Cup because they don't have as many major victories (only in the last few years has Rose, Molinari, stenson and Sergio won theirs).  Perhaps that is one of the reasons.  
  • Well that was embarrassing  from the USA in the end. No heart
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

JT was the only American that played the French Open at this course earlier this year.  And he was the best performer for the US....imagine that.  I used to think it was nonsense, but I'm starting to think the Euros really do care more about this.

Oh they absolutely care more about this.  Their emotions are real.  They seem to have a lot of players where their success is tied to their play in the Ryder Cup because they don't have as many major victories (only in the last few years has Rose, Molinari, stenson and Sergio won theirs).  Perhaps that is one of the reasons.  
    I don't buy into the showing emotion stuff...a guy like DJ never shows emotion.  But there is obviously more that the Americans could have done to be better prepared here.  More than half the Euro team played a tourney at this course while only 1 American did....that says a lot right there.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Horos said:
    Golf coverage sucks. I'm watching with a little delay. 4 players on the course and 3 shots they didn't show.

I don't need to see them walking the green and lining up their shots and taking practice swings....

It's even worse with a full field but there's only a couple of dozen guys playing today. I'd like to see every shot.

Has Woobie never played golf? These guys are mostly young and fit. 4 miles isn't anything. I haven't played in 3-4 years due to back issues but still regularly hike that long and I'm old and unfit.

yeah, I play golf. I also push a mower on a golf course sometimes 8-9 miles. granted, there’s not a real mental component to that :lol:

and like john daly, I often do it with a hangover!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Reed is a punk.  Proved today he is the problem and not his side of the family.
    edited October 2018

I don't buy into the showing emotion stuff...a guy like DJ never shows emotion.  But there is obviously more that the Americans could have done to be better prepared here.  More than half the Euro team played a tourney at this course while only 1 American did....that says a lot right there.
    I think they play the french open on that course every year too.

I do think that the Euros generally care more about the Ryder Cup and take more pride in it than the Americans. 

My quick takeaways.

Tiger and Phil's time needs to be done playing in the Ryder Cup, regardless of how they play the next couple years.  Two worst records in history.

Love the home court advantage with how the home team can set up the course. Narrow fairways, crazy rough, good for them.  That said, I don't think a true test of golf is a course where you barely hit driver.

JT is awesome.

Poulter is still annoying

Euros are ball strikers

That was a straight beat down

Looking forward to the next crop of young players on this team.  Need some fresh faces.

Webb Simpson earned himself some props.

Reed is a turd

How the hell has boy wonder never won a singles match.  Love the JT/Speith pairing though.

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    That was embarrassing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Agreed. His comments further solidify my position on him. He’s a prick. 
    Played Saturday and surprisingly shot 80 (good round for me). Ive only played a handful of rounds this year so expectations were low. I love fall golf. Makes me want to sneak in a few more before the season ends. 
    bbiggs said:
    Agreed. His comments further solidify my position on him. He’s a prick. 
    Oh for sure.  Guy is a complete jerkoff.  But I still think it was dumb to break up the Spieth/Reed pairing.  Reed is going to be on these Ryder Cup teams for a long time so why not put him in the best position to succeed??  
    And now they're saying DJ and Koepka got into it Sunday night after the Ryder Cup.  Sounds like this whole team was a disaster and not just Reed.  Brutal.
    And now they're saying DJ and Koepka got into it Sunday night after the Ryder Cup.  Sounds like this whole team was a disaster and not just Reed.  Brutal.
    Amazing.  I almost love it.

Take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt, but I heard a long time ago through the grapevine (guy who works for me is good friends with someone who went to school and is good friends with a pretty well known pro), but he said that the DJ Masters WD was because of a scuffle with Brooks.  The fall was not self-inflicted we'll say...

Dude came into work giddy with this news today, thinks he is right haha.

Take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt, but I heard a long time ago through the grapevine (guy who works for me is good friends with someone who went to school and is good friends with a pretty well known pro), but he said that the DJ Masters WD was because of a scuffle with Brooks.  The fall was not self-inflicted we'll say...

Oh yeah...if it's going to be a mess it might as well be a complete fucking disaster with everyone hating each other.  

Wouldn't surprise me if that's true.  The whole "slipping on the stairs" thing always seemed like bullshit.  

Oh yeah...if it's going to be a mess it might as well be a complete fucking disaster with everyone hating each other.  

Wouldn't surprise me if that's true.  The whole "slipping on the stairs" thing always seemed like bullshit.  
    Burn it all to the ground...again.

Yeah, man.  Behind the scenes golf rumors are the best rumors.  Hell of a sport.
    If the dude had 1 friend before, he’s gone

https://twitter.com/dylan_dethier/status/1047965433339498498?s=21
  • Reed seems hard to get on with  but he does speak his mind so it's fun to watch the fall out 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

If the dude had 1 friend before, he’s gone

https://twitter.com/dylan_dethier/status/1047965433339498498?s=21

Oh man this is great.  His wife and her family seem like a fun group!  It's going to be so awkward when Reed is on the presidents cup team again next year. 

The guy is an asshole, but I still think it was dumb of Furyk to break up that highly successful team of Speith/Reed.  And it's hilarious that Reed is 6-0 in singles and the boy scout is 0-6.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/ryder-cup-2018-phil-mickelson-safeway-open-team-usa-europe-a8569666.html

I think I will root for the European team from now on.  The US is soft.  Mickelson should retire. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/ryder-cup-2018-phil-mickelson-safeway-open-team-usa-europe-a8569666.html

I think I will root for the European team from now on.  The US is soft.  Mickelson should retire. 

Well I don't think Phil has to worry about ever playing for a Ryder Cup team again.

Well I don't think Phil has to worry about ever playing for a Ryder Cup team again.
    I don’t think he needs to worry about the PPV hits on his stupid little match with Tiger either. I hope it flops. I sure won’t be paying to watch that crap. 
    bbiggs said:

I don’t think he needs to worry about the PPV hits on his stupid little match with Tiger either. I hope it flops. I sure won’t be paying to watch that crap. 

Would have been worth watching 10 years ago.  Not now. 
    bbiggs said:

Would have been worth watching 10 years ago.  Not now. 
    Without question. Or if they had some skin in the game, I’d still be interested today. But $10M of other people’s money doesn’t excite me in the least bit. I’ll catch the highlights on ESPN.