***OFFICIAL Nice to meet you thread***

DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Thanks to all who introduced themselves to me both in Hartford and Boston. And a pre-emptive thanks to all the people I have yet to meet in NYC. You are a great bunch of humans with great taste in music!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I met a super nice lobster fisherman from Hampton Beach and a nice couple from NH, the girl went to UNH, in Boston. I immedaitely struck up some conversation with them and it made my concert experience that much more enjoyable.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I met a super nice lobster fisherman from Hampton Beach and a nice couple from NH, the girl went to UNH, in Boston. I immedaitely struck up some conversation with them and it made my concert experience that much more enjoyable.

I had a conversation with one guy in particular - directly in front of one of Backseat Lover's speakers...couldn't hear a damn thing he was saying... If you read this, let me know who you are!
  • I met a super nice lobster fisherman from Hampton Beach and a nice couple from NH, the girl went to UNH, in Boston. I immedaitely struck up some conversation with them and it made my concert experience that much more enjoyable.

I had a conversation with one guy in particular - directly in front of one of Backseat Lover's speakers...couldn't hear a damn thing he was saying... If you read this, let me know who you are!

In Philly I also struck up a conversation with some guy who went to college in Boston, so we had some common stuff to talk about.

Talking to fellow 10C members is the best thing I started doing. The second I sit down in my seat, I look around and start tlkaing to whoever is around me. I found out great bits of info from their lives, their past concerts experiences, PJ stories, the works. It makes everything so much better. As corny as this sounds, PJ fans are like one giant family when it comes to talking at concerts.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway

As corny as this sounds, PJ fans are like one giant family when it comes to talking at concerts.

I agree. It's turns seeing a great show into a great total experience.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    hoping to meet some of you tomorrow at the pre-party.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

you going Friday too?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    I dont want to meet any of you people...........

heheh
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

you going Friday too?

I might, but I think I am also meeting up with another group of friends pre-show. Maybe I'll talk them into coming to the pre-party also.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Dissidentman and his crazy buddy kick ass!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    I met a super nice lobster fisherman from Hampton Beach and a nice couple from NH, the girl went to UNH, in Boston. I immedaitely struck up some conversation with them and it made my concert experience that much more enjoyable.

I recognized the hat and said hi. My daughter and I were right near the raffle table. I think you said you're Kevin and your friend Matt. We won the lotto and were row 2, she got a tambourine!

Also, talked a a super nice couple who were near us at the garden, didn't get a name though.
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    This is why smoking and drinking are top on my list of things to do..... Only positive things come from it.
    Hehe
    jmurray wrote:

I recognized the hat and said hi. My daughter and I were right near the raffle table. I think you said you're Kevin and your friend Matt. We won the lotto and were row 2, she got a tambourine!

Also, talked a a super nice couple who were near us at the garden, didn't get a name though.

That was you! Excellent... Wow, you could hear me... Congrats on the seats!
    Dissidentman and his crazy buddy kick ass!

:D:D
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Yeah it was very cool to meet a bunch of new peeps including you will see you at MSG :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Yeah it was very cool to meet a bunch of new peeps including you will see you at MSG :)
    Hey Jose....

Have fun at MSG!!

If all works out for me in the next few weeks, and I get my new house....

I will be throwing one HELL of a party, the next time the Boys come to Chicago!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Yes Jose, yes you will...
  • Thanks to all who introduced themselves to me both in Hartford and Boston. And a pre-emptive thanks to all the people I have yet to meet in NYC. You are a great bunch of humans with great taste in music!

It was good to see you dude! I can't wait to do it all again on the next tour!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yes, it was nice to meet you Dissidentman, very nice.

And I met the infamous BostonLou, cool
    and :wave: to Pablo and Veddergirl77
    and of course "Badger" our non WI buddy?? remember what you promised hubby?
    and of course the beautiful ms. wes.c addle
    ran into friends from Philly 3, hope the fates keep our paths crossing :)
    and a shout to Charlie and all our hotel drinking buddies, too bad my voice was gone by the end of the night or is that a good thing :!: :?:
    I had a wonderful time because of you all and the many that I never learned their names but just shared a brief thought, smile or cheers.
    Cheers to you all!
  • I met some great people coming in on the Amtrak from Exeter, NH. Pearl Jam people are so awesome. :D
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • pandora wrote:

and a shout to Charlie and all our hotel drinking buddies, too bad my voice was gone by the end of the night or is that a good thing :!: :?:
    I had a wonderful time because of you all and the many that I never learned their names but just shared a brief thought, smile or cheers.
    Cheers to you all!

Jen (ms.wes c addle) is my friend...i saw her pic with you on FB outside the black bear! i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to meet you. :(
    Pandora, we did not meet in Hartford. :( Glad you had a fantastic time in good ol' New England.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    pandora wrote:

Cheers to you all!

Jen (ms.wes c addle) is my friend...i saw her pic with you on FB outside the black bear! i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to meet you. :(
    me too I would like to have met you, you are a force to reckoned with and one to be admired. Maybe next time :)
    Pandora, we did not meet in Hartford. :( Glad you had a fantastic time in good ol' New England.
    I did have a great time in your neck of the woods! But meeting you would have been nicer than nice. you have always been so nice to me and just everyone here. A kind heart everyone sees.
  • pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Cheers to you all!

me too I would like to have met you, you are a force to reckoned with and one to be admired. Maybe next time :)

well thank you so very much! and yeah...definitely next time! :)
    pandora wrote:
    I did have a great time in your neck of the woods! But meeting you would have been nicer than nice. you have always been so nice to me and just everyone here. A kind heart everyone sees.
    Thank you pandora. Same to you my friend! :D
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    pandora wrote:
    He looked nothing like Will Ferrell.......... but did sound like Jesus.
    He looked nothing like Will Ferrell.......... but did sound like Jesus.
    that sounds intriguing!
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    it was so nice meeting you too!!!!!!!!
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Great thread. A quick shout out to Dades, who I met @ the pre-party and then again in the Garden. Enjoy the MSG shows and safe home to Scotland my friend.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite

pandora wrote:
    well thank you so very much! and yeah...definitely next time! :)

Had I known you guys had never met Pandora, I would have introduced you. I met her by chance when I asked someone esle if they knew Pandora. Next thing i know, I hear "I'm Pandora" from right behind me.