Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    rgambs said:
    the response above is twisting my words

No, it isn't. Your words weren't even used, let alone twisted. H2TM was responding to your comment concerning perceived criminality among immigrants. 
    You are also twisting my words. Are you saying there are only criminal American citizens?? There has never been a criminal from south of the border come into this country? Stop trying to focus on twisting my words to sound like I think the majority of immigrants coming into this country are criminals. But  you can bet your ass I don't want any of the drug dealing rapist gang members coming into this country no matter how small a percentage there is of them. Not one of those scumbags should be able to sneak in. Not only for the people that are already here but also for the immigrants that those low lifes try to prey on. Are the liberals able to comprehend that without twisting my words? I have a hunch not. lol
    And some, I assume, are good people.  Jeez, man.  Fear leads to hate leads to anger leads to the dark side of racism browser.

Nobody is twisting your words dude, they are responding to the implications of your statements.  That's how debate works.  Another way debate and discussion is supposed to work is that you provide evidence for your claims...
    lol twist. Where did you read I said some.
    I don't fear anything except God. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    rgambs said:

No, it isn't. Your words weren't even used, let alone twisted. H2TM was responding to your comment concerning perceived criminality among immigrants. 
    You are also twisting my words. Are you saying there are only criminal American citizens?? There has never been a criminal from south of the border come into this country? Stop trying to focus on twisting my words to sound like I think the majority of immigrants coming into this country are criminals. But  you can bet your ass I don't want any of the drug dealing rapist gang members coming into this country no matter how small a percentage there is of them. Not one of those scumbags should be able to sneak in. Not only for the people that are already here but also for the immigrants that those low lifes try to prey on. Are the liberals able to comprehend that without twisting my words? I have a hunch not. lol
    Question:
    Do you think our scumbag drug dealing rapist gang murderers are inherently better than the ones from south of the border?
    HaHa No but if you f'n liberals stopped fighting for the rights of convicted scumbag murdering rapist drug dealing gang members then maybe it would be harder for them to get back out on the streets.And sanother thing, stop making their time in prison comfortable. 
    Why do you use "liberals" as some kind of slur. How old are you?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    Replacement  votes?  :o
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Question:
    Do you think our scumbag drug dealing rapist gang murderers are inherently better than the ones from south of the border?
    HaHa No but if you f'n liberals stopped fighting for the rights of convicted scumbag murdering rapist drug dealing gang members then maybe it would be harder for them to get back out on the streets.And sanother thing, stop making their time in prison comfortable. 
    As many times as i've heard Republican, and I am in no way a republican used as a slur on these boards makes your statement that much more funny. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    mace1229 said:
    I see a lot disputing the crim rates of illegals. When looking for myself it seemed most resources tried to say the same thing, but did so by completing ignoring the population difference.
    Of what I read those sources don’t factor in the difference of populations. If 5% of the populations commits 10% of the crime, you can’t claim they commit less crime.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/19/two-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/
    Another link claiming illegals commit less crime, but again ignores the population difference in the data. When you consider the population difference it’s a completely different result.

https://kriskobach.com/breitbart-columns/breitbart-columns-correcting-the-record-on-illegal-aliens-and-crime/
    This article states that illegals make up 14% of federal prisons, but only 3-6% of the population.

Now I don’t think most immigrants, legal or not, are bad people. I think Trumps quote should be flipped, most are good, and I assume some are bad.
    This is just my input on the debate over level of crime that I saw happening.

They make up a higher percentage of the federal prison population because immigration offences are federal offences. The majority are simply in there for immigration related reasons.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    I care. 

Democrats have abandoned the middle class, stop importing replacement votes. 

Did you vet all that out before you posted it, or just relying on teh Conservative Tree House or Facebook for your data?
    Time has already issued a correction.  

Did they vet out their info before they put it on their cover? Did you ask them?  Why not?
    What correction?

This one(?):

Update: Time is standing by its cover. Editor-in-chief Edward Felsenthal  says in a statement: “The June 12 photograph of the 2-year-old Honduran girl became the most visible symbol of the ongoing immigration debate in America for a reason: Under the policy enforced by the administration, prior to its reversal this week, those who crossed the border illegally were criminally prosecuted, which in turn resulted in the separation of children and parents. Our cover and our reporting capture the stakes of this moment.”
    Meaning they will misrepresent in order to make a point against a valid issue. That is not a good practice. Now it makes you think, what else have they misrepresented to make a point. 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    You claimed immigrant rapists and murderers were ruining it and yet they have a lower overall crime rate than native born. So, how did I twist your words?
    Well I guess it does look like they have a lower crime rate than we do in those countries considering the governments of those countries are in partnership with all the gang drug dealing traffickers. They only arrest the honest people there to shake em down for their money or to enslave them. That's why we have so many people trying to get into this country. Wake up. Don't defend garbage gang members and terrorists. Your view is laughable. Talk to the people they have pimped out begging for money. I pray to God there is some way that this country will be able to help the good people from those countries but we can't let just anyone in without proper vetting and we don't have the resources to support the number of people coming over. We fix one issue and it creates another issue. I don't know what we can do short of going to war with those countries to help their people take it back over so the corruption and crimes against them stop.

No, you've misunderstood the information again. Immigrants to the US, including those from the countries you seem to demonize, have a lower crime rate IN THE US. We're not talking about the crime rate in their country of origin.

And as to your last point, the US has such a good track record in improving countries by going to war with them. 
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Question:
    As many times as i've heard Republican, and I am in no way a republican used as a slur on these boards makes your statement that much more funny. 
    Did you hear "republican" or "f'n republican" ?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    I care. 

Do you think it's okey to seperate young chilren from their mothers/fathers, as been done?
    Hmmn, tough question...

What does DCFS do to children and parents that don't want to pump them full of vaccines?
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    I care. 

Do you think it's okey to seperate young chilren from their mothers/fathers, as been done?
    Hmmn, tough question...

What does DCFS do to children and parents that don't want to pump them full of vaccines?
    Have you ever answered a question straight on this board?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    edited June 2018
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    I care. 

Hmmn, tough question...

Spirtual Chaos is right.  The question is what do YOU think and where is YOUR moral center.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Again, I assign the blame on the parents.  The US govt is responsible as far as allowing incentives to be handed out to the people illegally coming here.  

• Options
    unsung said:
    Again, I assign the blame on the parents.  The US govt is responsible as far as allowing incentives to be handed out to the people illegally coming here.  

So you have no moral or ethical opinion on the subject?  You can blame the parents all you want, but then children are hurt.  Is that okay with you because it's the parents' fault?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I see a lot disputing the crim rates of illegals. When looking for myself it seemed most resources tried to say the same thing, but did so by completing ignoring the population difference.
    Of what I read those sources don’t factor in the difference of populations. If 5% of the populations commits 10% of the crime, you can’t claim they commit less crime.

You have to disregard statistics, logic and facts for their view. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

So what do you think of Fox News?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/19/two-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/
    Another link claiming illegals commit less crime, but again ignores the population difference in the data. When you consider the population difference it’s a completely different result.

https://kriskobach.com/breitbart-columns/breitbart-columns-correcting-the-record-on-illegal-aliens-and-crime/
    This article states that illegals make up 14% of federal prisons, but only 3-6% of the population.

Now I don’t think most immigrants, legal or not, are bad people. I think Trumps quote should be flipped, most are good, and I assume some are bad.

They make up a higher percentage of the federal prison population because immigration offences are federal offences. The majority are simply in there for immigration related reasons.
    Are you factoring in the crimes that some commited that put them in prison awaiting deportation?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Are you factoring in the crimes that some commited that put them in prison awaiting deportation?

Like I said, the majority counted in this data did not commit any other crimes than their immigration status.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,758
    rgambs said:

Question:
    Lovely- so now we're fuckin' liberals?  (Yeah, we all know what "f'n" means).  That's such an endearing term.  I think from now on when people ask me if I'm on the right or the left I'll say, "Just call me a "fuckin' liberal." 

Who here is "rights of convicted scumbag murdering rapist drug dealing gang members"?  We need to know.  Smoke 'em out!

"stop making their time in prison comfortable".  Right.  Let me think about this.  I hear people all the time trying to decide if they should take a cruise on there vacation or spend a few years in the state penitentiary.  Yeah, tough choice, for sure.

And remember what were her for folks.  To protect out scumbag murdering rapist drug dealing gang member.  God bless their pointy little heads.  

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I think "liberal" is a funny word. Because in the US it seems to be looked on as being socialist or communist or whatever.

In Sweden liberals are looked on as middle/right.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    mace1229 said:

Like I said, the majority counted in this data did not commit any other crimes than their immigration status.
    From what I can tell illegals being sent to federal prison in large numbers is new with this zero tolerance policy. They just weren’t sent to federal prison before. So those numbers aren’t just ones in prison for crossing the boarder.
    Is that not correct? I couldn’t find anything said said otherwise.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

From what I can tell illegals being sent to federal prison in large numbers is new with this zero tolerance policy. They just weren’t sent to federal prison before. So those numbers aren’t just ones in prison for crossing the boarder.
    Is that not correct? I couldn’t find anything said said otherwise.

That's not correct. Wherever undocumented immigrants were taken into custody it's considered a federal incarceration.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I already talked about this the other day. They should be called Fox Opinion and CNN Opinion. Although from watching many different news stations, I would say Fox has an edge over CNN only for some actual real news thrown in. CNN only discusses their complete dislike for the President pretty much 24 hours a day. You barely see any other news on that station anymore. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,758
    Fox has real news?  :lol:

But what do I know.  I'm a fuckin' liberal!  :smiley: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Sorry - to clarify my comment above, because I wrote it too quickly - whenever undocumented immigrants are taken into custody due to their immigration status, it’s considered a federal incarceration, which means that even if it’s only briefly, it’s counted  Also, by no means was it always brief, even before this current issue. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I already talked about this the other day. They should be called Fox Opinion and CNN Opinion. Although from watching many different news stations, I would say Fox has an edge over CNN only for some actual real news thrown in. CNN only discusses their complete dislike for the President pretty much 24 hours a day. You barely see any other news on that station anymore. 
    Well, that flies in the face of the researched and documented differences in presentation of true statements between Fox and CNN. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Fox does not come out ahead. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Well, that flies in the face of the researched and documented differences in presentation of true statements between Fox and CNN. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Fox does not come out ahead. 
    It's all a matter of opinion. Neither should be called news station. The majority is opinions on their political stance on those two in particular. it doesn't stop just at those two though. You have to weed out a lot to get to some topics other than political views. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

It's all a matter of opinion. Neither should be called news station. The majority is opinions on their political stance on those two in particular. it doesn't stop just at those two though. You have to weed out a lot to get to some topics other than political views. 
    Haha. Kellyanne, is that you pumpkin?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

So you have no moral or ethical opinion on the subject?  You can blame the parents all you want, but then children are hurt.  Is that okay with you because it's the parents' fault?
    Don't blame me, blame the parents.  I did not bring them to a place where there are consequences.

My sympathy with the children is that they are being used as political pawns.  
  • Options
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

Don't blame me, blame the parents.  I did not bring them to a place where there are consequences.

Do you factor in that most of these individuals and families are fleeing violence severe enough that facing these potential consequences seems like the better option?
  • Options
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

In other words, you don't a damn what happens to them, is that right?  Because it's their parents' fault?  Or do you care about their well being?  Either you do or don't.  It's a pretty simple question.