Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    Why is anyone defending this? You're selling yourself a bag of shit.
    5 pages I've read on this and haven't read about one single person defending it yet?

I think everyone here is in agreement that this is wrong.
    Almost everyone says it's wrong, but a few here echo Trump and say, what else are you gonna do? And the dems were just as bad.

I'm going to throw something out there.

The people flooding the borders now are from war torn and drug war areas.  Do we as a nation go over there and meddle with these countries problems?  The countries apparently are having a hard time controlling the violence there.
    I don't know that there's an answer to that question where we don't completely get ourselves in to another middle east type situation. I don't think military action is the route to take, but I think we would need to explore humanitarian efforts and build up our relationship with those in power who aren't corrupt or working for the cartels. Often times, the US has just started financing one side with weapons and guerrilla warfare, which I don't think has ever worked out for anyone. Let's ask newly anointed NRA president Ollie North what we could do in central america.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    Law enforcement becoming sub human down there.  Sickening what they are doing.

What step is this now.

Leader dehumanizing a people, State News helping with propaganda, getting your base to agree and now law enforcement to blindly follow orders.

Unbelievable. It truly is.

Trade wars, constant lies, and moronic tweets are one thing, but the treatment of these people and his developing friendships with Russia and North Korea are on a whole other level.

I don't blame him- he is what he always has been: a morally bankrupt f**king parasite. The blame for this sad chapter for the US lies squarely on his supporters who empowered him. If you're a fool that voted for this guy... you got what you asked for so bask in your glory.

Things aren't changing with him. They actually seem to be escalating.
    His base loves this as do most of those who voted for him. You see it in this thread.

There's been a few around here who have sheepishly admitted to their error and have seen the light.

If a person can correct their error, I'm okay with them. As the old saying goes: There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

how about the people that say they didn't vote for him, but now say they are impressed by him so far?
    We should separate them from society and ensure they do not procreate. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    At the very least ostracize them and publicly shame them for having different opinions! No one’s allowed to think differently than me! Sesame Street was right on with “one of these things is not like the other. One of these things does not belong!”
    You also had some very fine people on both sides? Okay. Sure. I guess?

By the way... I was just clowning around with my original comment. Of course Trumpsters can procreate- I'm a fan of biodiversity.

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    5 pages I've read on this and haven't read about one single person defending it yet?

Almost everyone says it's wrong, but a few here echo Trump and say, what else are you gonna do? And the dems were just as bad.

The people flooding the borders now are from war torn and drug war areas.  Do we as a nation go over there and meddle with these countries problems?  The countries apparently are having a hard time controlling the violence there.

No.

Legalize, decriminalize drugs and it become a non issue.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    Law enforcement becoming sub human down there.  Sickening what they are doing.

What step is this now.

Leader dehumanizing a people, State News helping with propaganda, getting your base to agree and now law enforcement to blindly follow orders.

Unbelievable. It truly is.

Trade wars, constant lies, and moronic tweets are one thing, but the treatment of these people and his developing friendships with Russia and North Korea are on a whole other level.

I don't blame him- he is what he always has been: a morally bankrupt f**king parasite. The blame for this sad chapter for the US lies squarely on his supporters who empowered him. If you're a fool that voted for this guy... you got what you asked for so bask in your glory.

Things aren't changing with him. They actually seem to be escalating.
    His base loves this as do most of those who voted for him. You see it in this thread.

There's been a few around here who have sheepishly admitted to their error and have seen the light.

If a person can correct their error, I'm okay with them. As the old saying goes: There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

how about the people that say they didn't vote for him, but now say they are impressed by him so far?
    We should separate them from society and ensure they do not procreate. Ain't nobody got time for that.

seems a bit harsh to treat our friend McGruff that way, but hey, you said it, not me
    I m sitting in traffic on a bus with sixty 8th graders. I am totally separated from society right now lol. 

I would jump and roll at the first traffic light lol
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:

No.

Legalize, decriminalize drugs and it become a non issue.
    More and more states are deregulating marijuana now so that's a start.  Considering how messed up our country is on opiates I'm not so sure anymore about the legalization of cocaine and heroin though.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    Don't worry guys, this is like going to a scary movie. The kids will get over it.

Plus, the toddlers can watch the world Cup. Who needs a mom and dad when you have that? How bad could it be?
    No one has said that. Why does everyone insist on misquoting those that disagree with you?
    What I did say is how bad of a comparison this is to Jewish children in concentration camps.
    i have a problem separating these kids when they are not united within a few hours.
    i also have a problem comparing this to Nazi concentration camps and saying this is just the first step towards Nazi Germany.
    Tell the story like it is, talk about how inhumane it is, how scared the kids are. But don’t compare it to the murder of 6 million people and the harsh labor camps of millions more.
    You keep missing the point that others make when making that comparison. 

You also say that none of these kids are being physically harmed, experts in child development say they are.

You also seem to have more of a problem with people equating this to Nazi's then you do with the actual act of separating children from their parents.
    "I don’t like them being separated either.
    But it is even more ridiculous to compare it to the haulocost and all the absolutely horrible things that happened."

Experts say they are being emotionally harmed. I have yet to see a single report of physical abuse.
    im not okay with emotional abuse, but there is a difference and I was talking about one and you’re referring to the other.
    I can't comprehend the fucked-up-ness of this conversation, that when you hear the line "my government is abusing human beings", you'd rather pivot the discussion to what kind of abuse, the level of the abuse, and who is being abused. Why, in the year 2018, in a supposedly developed nation, with supposed moral outrage over countries lacking human rights, are we having the discussion over what subset of abuse is legitimate? Why is there any answer other than "no fucking way am I okay with abuse" that is morally permissible?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Nobody is being abused.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    unsung said:
    Nobody is being abused.

Everything is fine! Nothing to see here!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    unsung said:
    Nobody is being abused.
    Because it’s their own fault since  they’re just criminals, right? I think that sums up your position. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    benjs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    Don't worry guys, this is like going to a scary movie. The kids will get over it.

Plus, the toddlers can watch the world Cup. Who needs a mom and dad when you have that? How bad could it be?
    No one has said that. Why does everyone insist on misquoting those that disagree with you?
    What I did say is how bad of a comparison this is to Jewish children in concentration camps.
    i have a problem separating these kids when they are not united within a few hours.
    i also have a problem comparing this to Nazi concentration camps and saying this is just the first step towards Nazi Germany.
    Tell the story like it is, talk about how inhumane it is, how scared the kids are. But don’t compare it to the murder of 6 million people and the harsh labor camps of millions more.

You also say that none of these kids are being physically harmed, experts in child development say they are.

You also seem to have more of a problem with people equating this to Nazi's then you do with the actual act of separating children from their parents.
    But it is even more ridiculous to compare it to the haulocost and all the absolutely horrible things that happened."

Experts say they are being emotionally harmed. I have yet to see a single report of physical abuse.
    im not okay with emotional abuse, but there is a difference and I was talking about one and you’re referring to the other.
    I can't comprehend the fucked-up-ness of this conversation, that when you hear the line "my government is abusing human beings", you'd rather pivot the discussion to what kind of abuse, the level of the abuse, and who is being abused. Why, in the year 2018, in a supposedly developed nation, with supposed moral outrage over countries lacking human rights, are we having the discussion over what subset of abuse is legitimate? Why is there any answer other than "no fucking way am I okay with abuse" that is morally permissible?
    the argument could be made as well that psychological harm's wounds never heal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    They made the choice to come here illegally so don't whine that when they do so they have to deal with the consequences. 
  • Options
    unsung said:
    They made the choice to come here illegally so don't whine that when they do so they have to deal with the consequences. 
    seeking asylum is not illegal. crossing the border between ports is. separating family members is not "the consequences" as laid out in any law. it is the policy of this piece of shit admin to try to scare illegals from coming, and to strong arm congress into giving him funding for his racist wall. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:

Tell that to the woman who was told by the Texas sheriff that she’d be deported if she said anything about his molesting her 4 year old daughter. He’s been indicted and yes, it didn’t happen in the camps but since none of us know really what’s going on with female detainees, how can you say there hasn’t been physical harm? Only because it hasn’t been reported? And by the way, emotional harm is more lasting and devastating than physical harm. I’m disgusted by the lengths some will go to defend this abhorrent policy or Team Trump Treason, in any aspect.                                                            
    Who defended this?
    If there were any I wasn’t one of them.
    The only thing I’ve said in the last 24 hours on this topic is that comparing it to Nazi concentration camps is extreme.
    If you and everyone else want to compare it to that then fine, it’s just my opinion and Nazi Germany was exponentially worse, and therefore not a justified comparison.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    benjs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:

Geez, where does everyone get off by creating their own assumptions from everyone else. Or is it that people can’t just follow a conversation more than 1 reply?
    Ive said that. 
    I think I need to summarize.
    It was said this compares to Nazi camps because of the fear these kid must be facing. My reply was I don’t think that justifies the comparison, which got flipped into my saying what these kids are going through is nothing worse than a scary movie.
    I responded that of course it was, but you can’t compare this to Nazi camps where people were experimented in, tortured, mass executed, starved, worked and beaten to death. Kids never saw their mothers again, husbands never saw their wives and so on.  In my opinion you can’t compared a couple weeks of separation witho no real reports of physical abuse to that.
    The response was that psychologists say we are doing harm.
    My reply was what you responded to, I never denied emotional abuse.
    And that now turns into your statement of I’d rather pivot the discussion and so on.

I think it’s important. Comparing it to Nazi Germany is extreme, and when you talk about extremes like that you lose people. And stories get mixed up, people don’t know what’s true or not. I guarantee you there have been people who turn on the news to hear reports compare this to a concentration camp and think “no way” and move one. Honestly when a reported does that I question everything else they are going to say about the situation.
     Talk about what’s really happening. Talk about the emotional damage, talk about better ways to handle this. Don’t make these giant leaps and criticize everyone who doesn’t agree 100% with you.
  • Options
    Leader dehumanizes a people.

Leader blames those people. (job loss, sucking money from economy, rape, drugs, crime)

Base starts to believe. (already did really)

They are the reason for our failure or country declining.

Get state TV (Fox, Breitbart, etc. , and all radio talk shows) to spew propaganda regardless of facts or reason.

Base believes they are the reason for their troubles.

Implement policy that starts rounding them up with declaration from Sessions (Goebbles)

Get Law Enforcement to comply and that is the right thing to do.

Put them in camps in cages (or walls with chain link fences)

Not similar to 1938 at all.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,619
    unsung said:
    Nobody is being abused.
    Says the guy who’s abused at every turn. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Smellyman said:

Leader blames those people. (job loss, sucking money from economy, rape, drugs, crime)

Get state TV (Fox, Breitbart, etc. , and all radio talk shows) to spew propaganda regardless of facts or reason.

Implement policy that starts rounding them up with declaration from Sessions (Goebbles)

Comparing us now to Nazi Germany is a joke.  Please stop.

• Options
    Smellyman said:

No.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Smellyman said:

Fixed for you
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:
    I agree. That was pretty much my point.
    I don’t like them being separated either.
    But it is even more ridiculous to compare it to the haulocost and all the absolutely horrible things that happened.
    We are comparing the start.  Getting people to dehumanize a population, start taking away kids and putting them in camps and pretending it is ok.  All for 'safety' and the good of the chosen people, white Americans.

It is not preposterous at this point.  Comparing it to watching the Blair Witch is Preposterous and displays a cognitive dissonance I cannot fathom.
    Save your racism against white people for inside your racist home. Americans come in all races and nationalities. There are plenty of people that immigrated to this country legally from our borders that are being protected. Even non criminal people that came here illegally but sought to become legal, that are here now. I'm sure they understand. No one has a problem with people that are living and minding their own business and obeying our laws of this country except for racists like yourself. You show your true colors when you make statements like that. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    edited June 2018
    Smellyman said:

It s actually not similar at all. This is such a stretch by the left. The only thing similar is that this year also ends in the number 8.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    unsung said:
    Nobody is being abused.
    Let me take your 5 year old child by force and throw them in a cage without you knowing where they are, then talk to me about abuse, tough guy

People like you are giving America a bad name, you should be ashamed

You have zero empathy, for anyone, and its disgusting 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Smellyman said:

It s actually not similar at all. This is such a stretch by the left. The only thing similar is that this year also ends in the number 8.
    Forget the Nazi comparison, what's your opinion on what is going on?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Smellyman said:

For the 15th time, I get why trump is doing it but I think it is absolutely horrible. There has to be a better way to stop illegal immigration but I don’t know what the answer is. I do give credit to trump for trying something but again, I don’t agree with this at all. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Smellyman said:

For the 15th time, I get why trump is doing it but I think it is absolutely horrible. There has to be a better way to stop illegal immigration but I don’t know what the answer is. I do give credit to trump for trying something but again, I don’t agree with this at all. 
    For the 15th time, I get why Trump is doing it,but I think it is horrible.

I give him credit, but don't agree at all.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    mcgruff10 said:
    Smellyman said:

There are a lot of smart people on the right who share similar thoughts....well, those that are not brainwashed by a carnival barking, criminally corrupt, reality star president of course
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    unsung said:
    seeking asylum is not illegal. crossing the border between ports is. separating family members is not "the consequences" as laid out in any law. it is the policy of this piece of shit admin to try to scare illegals from coming, and to strong arm congress into giving him funding for his racist wall. 
    LOL, how can a device be racist? Geez I have heard it all.

Put business owners that hire them in prison.  Case closed.  Problem solved.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    Smellyman said:

No.
    Then don't.  Minimize the plight that the Jews had.  This couldn't be further from that, these people are not being persecuted based on their race.

But by all means keep calling people nazis, eventually you'll be right.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    Nobody is being abused.
    Let me take your 5 year old child by force and throw them in a cage without you knowing where they are, then talk to me about abuse, tough guy

People like you are giving America a bad name, you should be ashamed

You have zero empathy, for anyone, and its disgusting 
    Not true.  I have empathy for the taxpayers that have to fund this mess.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    LOL, how can a device be racist? Geez I have heard it all.

Put business owners that hire them in prison.  Case closed.  Problem solved.
    good god. the premise behind the wall is racist. thought that would be patently obvious. 

I think everyone agrees that those business owners should suffer some real consquences for that. jail, I don't think so.

but then be prepared for costs for everyday goods and services to skyrocket and/or jobs to be lost as business will go international for their labour. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com