Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    MayDay10 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Got it yesterday, already up to like 5 and a half hours of gameplay...
    Pretty sweet. Reminds me a little of Fable 2, with the being able to be good or evil and being able to travel all over an open map.
    I found the first treasure, but really haven't had a chance to do much with the second one.
    And for anyone who has completed the "American Appetite" challenge- wtf?! It's almost as if everyone in the wild west is crazy!

Also- Anyone go into the movie house in Armadillo yet? Pretty crazy stuff. But funny!

The first treasure: Did you get it from some treasure hunter who was being robbed on the side of a road?

I have a treasure map that doesn' thelp too much because it just illustrates something that is fucking all over the map...rocks, a cactus and mountains in the background. :roll:

No. The treasure is in a fixed location. I actually found it with no assistance. Have you been anywhere yet with rocks that look like the one on the map? Also there may be a clue or 2 illustrated on the treasure map.

I've studied it for a while and just can't figure it out. Who knows how long it'd take to find that exact configuration of rocks and shit. I dont' even remember where I obtained the map, which might help...it happened by accident. The guy was getting robbed and I was going to help him but I mistakenly took him for a bandit and put a shot in his dome. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    dcfaithful wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Got it yesterday, already up to like 5 and a half hours of gameplay...
    Pretty sweet. Reminds me a little of Fable 2, with the being able to be good or evil and being able to travel all over an open map.
    I found the first treasure, but really haven't had a chance to do much with the second one.
    And for anyone who has completed the "American Appetite" challenge- wtf?! It's almost as if everyone in the wild west is crazy!

Also- Anyone go into the movie house in Armadillo yet? Pretty crazy stuff. But funny!

The first treasure: Did you get it from some treasure hunter who was being robbed on the side of a road?

I have a treasure map that doesn' thelp too much because it just illustrates something that is fucking all over the map...rocks, a cactus and mountains in the background. :roll:

Roll over for hint: The noose is the key

PM me if you just want me to tell you where it is :D
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Anyone get to that part where you get dropped off in Mexico and that Jose Gonzalez song plays? One of the best moments in gaming that I've ever experienced.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    tcaporale wrote:
    Anyone get to that part where you get dropped off in Mexico and that Jose Gonzalez song plays? One of the best moments in gaming that I've ever experienced.

I got to that point yesterday. I too thought that was really cool!

Great game!
    That second treasure was a bitch to find!!

So I know it's just further in the game, but why are the Mexican outlaws so much tougher than the American outlaws?

I made it all the way to Mexico before I got my first death...
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    mca47 wrote:
    That's the one where you have to climb on the side of the cliff, right?

I actually found that one without any help from other people or online sources. I'm proud of myself. :D
    tcaporale wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    That's the one where you have to climb on the side of the cliff, right?

I actually found that one without any help from other people or online sources. I'm proud of myself. :D

Yeah, that's the one.

SPOILER BELOW!!!

I found it on my own (like I will the others) by accident really. I was just wandering around the hills east of Fort Mercer and ran into that campsite. I thought "Wow that really looks familiar" then pulled out the old map.
    Even with the map, the first two times down the side of the cliff I slipped and fell past it and had to go around. Watching my horse follow me down that cliff was fun! :lol: Dumb thing! hahahaha

What are those bars of gold worth?
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    For anyone who has trouble with the game, here's a great guide:
    http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Dead_Wiki

Anyone gotten 100% already? I'm having the hardest time winning at Poker at Blackwater.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    KevDylan wrote:

Anyone gotten 100% already? I'm having the hardest time winning at Poker at Blackwater.
    Just throw a bunch of chips at them and they'll usually fold.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:

So I know it's just further in the game, but why are the Mexican outlaws so much tougher than the American outlaws?

I haven't noticed them any tougher in Mexico.
    I am up to treasure 6 I think. Having trouble with that one!
    Finished the story a couple of days ago and the ending was pretty good.
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I haven't noticed them any tougher in Mexico.
    I am up to treasure 6 I think. Having trouble with that one!
    Found it!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    KevDylan wrote:

I played the poker game for my son and this doesn't seem to be true. They called me with BS hands a couple of times when I went all-in before the flop.

I also found the flower hunt amusing when he had to do that task. Here's this gunslinger searching for flowers. :lol:
    #FHP
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Ok, I finally reached 100%. Not trying to be proud or anything, but if any of you guys need help, post your questions here and I'll try to help!
    Horos wrote:
    KevDylan wrote:

I played the poker game for my son and this doesn't seem to be true. They called me with BS hands a couple of times when I went all-in before the flop.

I also found the flower hunt amusing when he had to do that task. Here's this gunslinger searching for flowers. :lol:
    You got to do it right after the deal.
    First DLC is coming out...

For FREE! :shock:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/110/1100553p1.html

Looks like a LOT of fun! I have to say, when I first started playing RDR online I wasn't all that impressed. Since getting into it more, I think it's all kinds of fun!

Hit me up if you want to create a posse! PSN: "mca47"
    mca47 wrote:

Looks like a LOT of fun! I have to say, when I first started playing RDR online I wasn't all that impressed. Since getting into it more, I think it's all kinds of fun!

Oh sweet, that's today!
    12 mb ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Oh sweet, that's today!
    12 mb ;)
    Pretty good dlc, did 4 co op missions or so last night.
    I played some of the coop stuff tonight.

Considering it was absolutely FREE, I thought it was great!
    I randomly joined up with some guys who were really good and we went through most of them.

They were fun, but I don't see much in the way of "re-playability". Granted, maybe I was just with some really good guys, but we plowed through most of those levels pretty easily.

Either way, I had fun! If you are with some people who know what they are doing, it's a good way to get some easy XP. I think I went through about 5 levels playing those missions.
    Just got done playing the coop and it's a blast. Unfortunately, it sounded like there was a domestic disturbance going on at one of the players place. That kind of killed the fun for that round.
    would love to increase my friends list and play some online multiplayer with ya'll.

feel free to add me and send an invite:

PSN = dcfaithful
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Just got done playing the coop and it's a blast. Unfortunately, it sounded like there was a domestic disturbance going on at one of the players place. That kind of killed the fun for that round.

You mean background noise on someone's mic?
    Yeah, I've heard some pretty crazy stuff over the years! :shock: :lol:
    mca47 wrote:

I need to get a mic. Does PS have a designated headset? A friend told me I can just use any regular bluetooth device...is this true?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I need to get a mic. Does PS have a designated headset? A friend told me I can just use any regular bluetooth device...is this true?
    That is true indeed.
    'Some' USB headsets will work too, I believe. My Tritton (all Trittons, I think) is USB that works with the PS3 (but it's designed that way).
    Rygar wrote:
    'Some' USB headsets will work too, I believe. My Tritton (all Trittons, I think) is USB that works with the PS3 (but it's designed that way).

Is it easy to set up a headset to the ps3? Any helpful hints are appreciated...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Is it easy to set up a headset to the ps3? Any helpful hints are appreciated...

Yeah, almost all bluetooth headsets work with the PS3.

All you really got to do is put the headset in "pairing mode", then go to the Bluetooth options on your PS3. Click find bluetooth device (or something like that) and they'll pair.
    Since you haven't used another headset before, it'll be the default option so as soon as you turn your bluetooth headset on, it'll automatically pair.

I got this one to use for games...
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 1665551065

I previously used a Motorola BT headset, but it was really cheap and crappy. The one in the link is fantastic. Super clear, and holds a really long charge.

Here is a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pji7mmWxLVQ
    http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/112/1127395p1.html

This is gonna be awesome!!! :D

It's basically like a new game, for only $9.99.

Can't wait.
    mca47 wrote:

Can't wait.

Can't see it. Blocked at work. Is it the whole zombie thing? Cause that shit looks bad fuckin' ass.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Can't wait.

Can't see it. Blocked at work. Is it the whole zombie thing? Cause that shit looks bad fuckin' ass.

Yeah, it's gonna be badass!!