Red Dead Redemption

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Who else is pumped for this game?!?!

I thought it looked pretty badass, and then the reviews started coming in...

Wow!
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090125p1.html

Gonna have to pick it up this weekend!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Been waiting for this game for a while; some people jokingly call it Grand Theft Horse!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Can't wait to hog tie me some prostitutes.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    ...which is, in essence, what gaming's all about.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    When you guys get it, if anyone wants to join a posse on the PSN...hit me up! :D

PSN name is also "mca47".
    Sounds good. I'm pretty sure my psn name is the same as my username here.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I was going to wait for a sale but I found a gift card for $32 dollars in my wallet for futureshop, so I may grab it today. They're giving away the good the bad and the ugly on blu ray when you buy it too
    I am getting it for 360 though, sorry!!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    tcaporale wrote:
    Been waiting for this game for a while; some people jokingly call it Grand Theft Horse!

haha! :lol:
    I think i'll pick this one up too. the last one was a blast.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Got it, got the last blu ray of GB&U too!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Picked it up last night at the midnight release...can't wait to play it tonight after school!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    BAD-FUCKING-ASS!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    BAD-FUCKING-ASS!

i didnt get too far into it yet as i was a little tipsy last night. I just went around killing animals and stuff. Even THAt was fun. I accidentally (seriously) stole a stagecoach and all hell broke loose. I was also wandering through town when some bandits came through on horses and I fucked them all up pretty bad with the dead eye totally on accident. So I have a lot of improvements to do.

I did one mission, (I think it was just a side mission though) to get some guy who the sheriff was looking for... and my only negative thing so far with the game is that it seems to be all at night, and I can't see a damn thing most of the time. I even increased the brightness and contrast. However, as i said, i was drunk, so who knows. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    I had fun with that game GUN back in the day. Is it kinda like that???
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:

NO waaay dude, it's much, much better. Like Tcapole said, it is like "Grand Theft Horse."
    I never got into GUN because I thought the controls were shabby.
    booomm11 wrote:
    I LOVED GUN!!!

However, this is different...but for the better :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    BAD-FUCKING-ASS!

i didnt get too far into it yet as i was a little tipsy last night. I just went around killing animals and stuff. Even THAt was fun. I accidentally (seriously) stole a stagecoach and all hell broke loose. I was also wandering through town when some bandits came through on horses and I fucked them all up pretty bad with the dead eye totally on accident. So I have a lot of improvements to do.

I did one mission, (I think it was just a side mission though) to get some guy who the sheriff was looking for... and my only negative thing so far with the game is that it seems to be all at night, and I can't see a damn thing most of the time. I even increased the brightness and contrast. However, as i said, i was drunk, so who knows. ;)

I wanted to fuck off just a bit, so I shot some innocent civilians...I must say...the law enforcement is pretty tough to get away from. But perhaps that's just cause I'm still adjusting to the controls??

I also really, really like the fact that you can choose whether you want to have a lot of honor and be a good guy, or you can take the route of being a bandit and a very unhonorable character and the game will react based upon your decisions....I really love that feature in the new generation of video games. I first saw it in Fable.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Can't wait to pick it up this weekend!!!
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I wanted to fuck off just a bit, so I shot some innocent civilians.

Reading this again, it just makes me laugh.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

haha, yeah it is just plain fun. :D
    I find the honor system a little taxing. I wanted to be good, but I keep fucking up, so I may just go with it and be all the way bad. :twisted:
    Oh, also, I needed money so I was killing rabbits and shit, and my g/f freaked out and yelled, 'let the bunnies live!!!'
    Also, some random guy, and i swear he was drunk just punched me while i was walking into a store, so i shot him -- again, bad honor and all hell broke loose.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I find the honor system a little taxing. I wanted to be good, but I keep fucking up, so I may just go with it and be all the way bad. :twisted:
    Oh, also, I needed money so I was killing rabbits and shit, and my g/f freaked out and yelled, 'let the bunnies live!!!'
    Also, some random guy, and i swear he was drunk just punched me while i was walking into a store, so i shot him -- again, bad honor and all hell broke loose.

Well, that's what you get when you punch a stranger in the Wild West! :twisted:

Yeah, I was also shooting coyotes, rabbits, and chickens. You can take chicken feathers apparently. I didn't see if I could sell it, but I did sell the coyote meat and hide.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Have you found out if you can drink in the game? If so, then I'm willing to bet that yahoo that punched you had one too many bowls of loud mouth soup.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

This made me LOL. I can't wait to get my console fixed and get this game.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:

Not like it's a bad thing, but you will lose hours and hours of productivity time.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

Not like it's a bad thing, but you will lose hours and hours of productivity time.

very true. I didnt even accomplish anything and I already cant wait to get home and play.
    And yes, you can drink in the game. I was drinking in real life, so i assumed if my character in the game matched my real life persona, then I would be a much more lucrative outlaw. I found a bar and had two drinks. But one of us passed out before I could do anything more... :D

haha, oh I just remembered too, the second civilian I saw in the game in the very beginning fell on his face in the street, drunk off his can! :lol:
    very true. I didnt even accomplish anything and I already cant wait to get home and play.
    And yes, you can drink in the game. I was drinking in real life, so i assumed if my character in the game matched my real life persona, then I would be a much more lucrative outlaw. I found a bar and had two drinks. But one of us passed out before I could do anything more... :D

haha, oh I just remembered too, the second civilian I saw in the game in the very beginning fell on his face in the street, drunk off his can! :lol:

Haha! Awesome!

I'm very curious as to what riding a horse shit-faced will be like... :? 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,677
    my Amazon order is on my doorstep waiting for me.

Got a short night to try it out.... then I ship off the NYC for the weekend.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Got a short night to try it out.... then I ship off the NYC for the weekend.

Damn you... ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Just got done playing the online shootout with a friend, damn that was fun.
  • I love how in this game (and GTA) you can pretty much do what you want and get the result you might expect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhNqn4M5s0
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,677
    Played it last night.

quite a bit of cut scene time in the early parts. Started out slow, but it started to open up into a very nice game. The poker was pretty intense, and horseshoes is challenging. Ive pretty much just helped on the ranch so far.

I was trying to be good.... however when I was riding around I heard a scream and coyotes were attacking someone. They bolted somewhere and I figured maybe if I killed the coyotes I would save someone and get a reward. Shooting coyotes was going well, but an errant shot nailed my new stallion. I hoped on the horse and tried to ride and it collapsed and died. I lost all the honor I earned to that point and then some.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I'm a sucker for hunting and Skinning animals. The game is paced really slow, but so are all the GTA games IMO.

It's fun and the combat seems more fluid in this compared to the other Rockstar games. I've done about 10-15 of the main missions so far along with multiple little side quests.
    NERDS!