Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,677
    I agree its slow... But I like to take my time with these type of games and stretch them out and complete everything 100% with as little aid from guides, etc as possible.

I enjoy this game a lot more than GTA IV so far... But I dont think its as good as Fallout 3.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    After playing for about an hour yesterday and without saving, it froze up just as i was about to get into a random quikdraw competition! I think it was autosaving a few times, but i didnt feel like checking, damn.

Anyone know where/how you get a lasso??
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I got my Lasso from that Bonnie chick. We went to tame some horses as a mission and thats where I got the lasso,
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I agree its slow... But I like to take my time with these type of games and stretch them out and complete everything 100% with as little aid from guides, etc as possible.

I enjoy this game a lot more than GTA IV so far... But I dont think its as good as Fallout 3.
    GTA IV disappointed me, only because it was so large and there aren't many safe houses. I got sick of driving over and over to do every damn mission. :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
    that and people calling on cell phones wanting to get get dinner and bowling and crap. It also didnt feel as awesome and sandboxey as San Andreas. They took a lot of stuff out that made the older GTA games so awesome.

Didnt like GTA IV that much either.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    MayDay10 wrote:

I'm the exact same way. However last night, I only did one main mission and spent the rest bounty hunting and helping strangers. I love these games that have side plots and missions. It's absolutely perfect for the ADD gamer.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I'm the exact same way. However last night, I only did one main mission and spent the rest bounty hunting and helping strangers. I love these games that have side plots and missions. It's absolutely perfect for the ADD gamer.

haha, me too! I did the exact same thing.
    I'm not too savy on the hidden stuff and whatnot, so i looked this up today:
    http://www.reddead.net/forums/forum-gameplay

...Some decent tips that don't give awat too much on that forum.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Fun game!!

I just started playing this morning and had a hard time putting the controller down!
    Played for a good 5 hours yesterday. God this game kicks ass. I love hunting bounties and lassoing the target to bring them back alive.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    looks pretty fun but for someone that cant play 1st person shooter games on consoles, is it worth it? or should I wait for PC?
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    looks pretty fun but for someone that cant play 1st person shooter games on consoles, is it worth it? or should I wait for PC?

I think it's worth it. But also, I hate playing 1st person shooters on PC... :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    dcfaithful wrote:

I think it's worth it. But also, I hate playing 1st person shooters on PC... :?
    maybe Ill pick it up tonight, thanks
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    I'm about 18% complete, but i just wanna postpone the ending of this fine game, so i just mull around looking for trouble.
    I'm about 18% complete, but i just wanna postpone the ending of this fine game, so i just mull around looking for trouble.

I do that unintentionally. I imagine it'll take me a good while before I finish this game. With the help of school 4 nights a week and homework, my playing time has pretty much narrowed down to a couple of hours on the weekends.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    My first time through I'm trying to be a good guy...trying to get my fame and honor way up.

I'm also taking my time going through, exploring, and doing as much as possible.

Pretty sure once I beat it, I'm going to play it again and be one evil mother fucker! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    My first time through I'm trying to be a good guy...trying to get my fame and honor way up.

I'm also taking my time going through, exploring, and doing as much as possible.

Pretty sure once I beat it, I'm going to play it again and be one evil mother fucker! :lol:

That's definitely what I have planned too! :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

That's definitely what I have planned too! :twisted:

Yeah, I figure by the time I beat it and start my evil John Marston, I should have the controls mastered. I'm guessing being evil will bring a lot more gun fights! :D
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I played the first one a few years back ad loved it . I love cowboy games...cant wait to play. But I dont have it connected to play with friends. I heard you can make a posse! Cool.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
    I played the first one a few years back ad loved it . I love cowboy games...cant wait to play. But I dont have it connected to play with friends. I heard you can make a posse! Cool.

You can indeed. I don't have it connected to a network either. Too inconvenient to have an ethernet and the wireless at my apartment is god awful. :(

I'm already distracted enough by single player. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

You can indeed. I don't have it connected to a network either. Too inconvenient to have an ethernet and the wireless at my apartment is god awful. :(

I don't have mine hooked up to ethernet either. At first I felt like i'd be missing sometihng, but not any more. I've also been trying to be good, but man I got a light trigger finger, or i just suck at the controls. I've accidentally taken out a bunch of civilians. :o
    dcfaithful wrote:

I don't have mine hooked up to ethernet either. At first I felt like i'd be missing sometihng, but not any more. I've also been trying to be good, but man I got a light trigger finger, or i just suck at the controls. I've accidentally taken out a bunch of civilians. :o

I tried to ride in a stagecoach but accidentally stole it...man, talk about shit hitting the fan. It was fun while it lasted though! :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Does anybody else think hunting bounties is fun as fuck on this game??!!

I love it, and I always capture them alive thanks to the lasso and dead eye aiming. Just shoot 'em in the legs and put them down until you can get close and lasso them. Double the reward. What I like the most is taking out the entire gang and then having to fight off other gangs that chase you on your way back to town.

This game is epic.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

I love it, and I always capture them alive thanks to the lasso and dead eye aiming. Just shoot 'em in the legs and put them down until you can get close and lasso them. Double the reward. What I like the most is taking out the entire gang and then having to fight off other gangs that chase you on your way back to town.

This game is epic.

aww man, that part is awesome! I'm kinda bad with the controls though, so i've always got the guy over my shoulder or something and a second wave of bandits come rushing in. Complete chaos usually, haha!
    dcfaithful wrote:

This game is epic.

aww man, that part is awesome! I'm kinda bad with the controls though, so i've always got the guy over my shoulder or something and a second wave of bandits come rushing in. Complete chaos usually, haha!

That definitely happened my first time. Actually two bandit gangs came in before I could flee the scene...nothing a double barrel shotgun can't take care of. But yes, you do need to hustle when capturing them. In case you didn't know, if you press up on the d-pad, you whistle for your horse who will come to you. Just have the guy on your shoulder, call the horse...put him on the horse and get the hell out of there...it'll buy you time, but they WILL catch up to you...usually in packs of 3 or 4.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Got it yesterday, already up to like 5 and a half hours of gameplay...
    Pretty sweet. Reminds me a little of Fable 2, with the being able to be good or evil and being able to travel all over an open map.
    I found the first treasure, but really haven't had a chance to do much with the second one.
    And for anyone who has completed the "American Appetite" challenge- wtf?! It's almost as if everyone in the wild west is crazy!

Also- Anyone go into the movie house in Armadillo yet? Pretty crazy stuff. But funny!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    hha. american appetite was weird.

Another one youll see soon thats a bit twisted is when you have to find the flowers for the old man..
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

This game is epic.

That definitely happened my first time. Actually two bandit gangs came in before I could flee the scene...nothing a double barrel shotgun can't take care of. But yes, you do need to hustle when capturing them. In case you didn't know, if you press up on the d-pad, you whistle for your horse who will come to you. Just have the guy on your shoulder, call the horse...put him on the horse and get the hell out of there...it'll buy you time, but they WILL catch up to you...usually in packs of 3 or 4.

oh! well that will help, thanks! Funny, sometimes I never know where that damn horse has wandered off to.
    milarso wrote:
    Pretty sweet. Reminds me a little of Fable 2, with the being able to be good or evil and being able to travel all over an open map.
    I found the first treasure, but really haven't had a chance to do much with the second one.
    And for anyone who has completed the "American Appetite" challenge- wtf?! It's almost as if everyone in the wild west is crazy!

Also- Anyone go into the movie house in Armadillo yet? Pretty crazy stuff. But funny!

The first treasure: Did you get it from some treasure hunter who was being robbed on the side of a road?

I have a treasure map that doesn' thelp too much because it just illustrates something that is fucking all over the map...rocks, a cactus and mountains in the background. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    MayDay10 wrote:
    hha. american appetite was weird.

Another one youll see soon thats a bit twisted is when you have to find the flowers for the old man..

Yeah that was twisted....but I was kind of pissed when I spent all that time searching for the flowers and then brought them back to him for that. :x
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    milarso wrote:

The first treasure: Did you get it from some treasure hunter who was being robbed on the side of a road?

I have a treasure map that doesn' thelp too much because it just illustrates something that is fucking all over the map...rocks, a cactus and mountains in the background. :roll:

No. The treasure is in a fixed location. I actually found it with no assistance. Have you been anywhere yet with rocks that look like the one on the map? Also there may be a clue or 2 illustrated on the treasure map.