***My friend Jenn's story and a request***

124»

Comments

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    edited May 2010
    :)

I missed this thread last week, sorry! But am so glad the message got through - read about it in the reviews from 2feet thick.

How is Jenn doing?

EDIT: Just read your review a few pages back...wow! And also Erik's Crown of Thorns story. That guy is hilarious!

Glad you enjoyed your show and your friend Jenn will definitely enjoy the boot! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by IamMine on
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    That's awesome. This story should be included in How to Be a Great Band 101.
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305

Did anyone on this board catch the harmonica? (I'm assuming that's what Eddie threw.)
  • Raineman311Raineman311 Posts: 127
    My thoughts and prayers are with you Jenn, get well soon! What a special treat that you got from the band thanks to your dear friend. Don't it make you smile? :D
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I was at the show last night as well, and I'm so happy that they did play "Smile" after a few words about your friend Jenn. I pray she get's gets better REAL SOON...

Sending ((((((( hugs & good vibes ))))))) to you Jenn

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Markiemark70Markiemark70 Posts: 103
    SO happy that this worked out for you and your friend. It warms my heart to know that these guys really care for us fans.

I wish a speedy recovery for Jenn.
  • BrysiBrysi Posts: 2
    Oh how stories like this are truly insperational. All my thoughts and prayers are with Jenn and the family. I heard "Smile" for the first time live in Adelaide 09, tis amazing how much of a smile it brings to your face just to sing along to. PJ are certainly an inspirational band to listen to thru the bad times and the good. Keep Rockin in the Free World!!
  • bgivens33bgivens33 Posts: 290
    I was able to land one of the ~100 or so A/P Boston posters in the sale earlier today... it's hers if she wants it.

Link-

http://www.munkone.com/shop/
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Wow...what an amazing story. Best wishes to Jenn on a speedy recovery and thanks to PJ for all they do for us!
    :)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Posts: 1,605
    I have an update from Jenn!!! She said she is starting the recovery process and is still in the intensive care unit. She said it will take about a week. I told her what is going on here in this thread and she can't believe it! After she gets out of the ICU the doctors are supposed to schedule surgery asap to stop Menengitis from leaking into her brain!

Again you guys have helped me wish her well and send her prayers! Keep her in your thoughts and minds! None of this would be possible without you guys help! You all rock!

Thans again and Cheers,

Jim
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    I have an update from Jenn!!! She said she is starting the recovery process and is still in the intensive care unit. She said it will take about a week. I told her what is going on here in this thread and she can't believe it! After she gets out of the ICU the doctors are supposed to schedule surgery asap to stop Menengitis from leaking into her brain!

Again you guys have helped me wish her well and send her prayers! Keep her in your thoughts and minds! None of this would be possible without you guys help! You all rock!

Thans again and Cheers,

Jim
    Tell her she we're all pulling for her. Hopefully she can feel the great big virtual hug.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Thanks for keeping us updated Jim.
    Get well quick Jenn.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    No problem Poncier.... it's the least I can do!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509

Thans again and Cheers,

Jim

wow.
    my prayers to her.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• JAM76JAM76 Posts: 14
    Hello everyone,

Well I am the "infamous" Jenn. It's been a tough a week for me, but thanks to my family and friends, I'm fighting this and hopefully it will go away soon. Thank you to Jim(DiRtYyELLoWoCeAn) for starting this. You are an incredible friend and I love you with all my heart! I will never be able to thank you enough! Thank you to Pearl Jam, 10 club and everyone who helped for the dedication. I still wish I didn't miss the show, but hearing you dedicate "smile" to me, literally brought tears to my eyes, while I was laying in the hospital. So thank you, thank you, a million times thank you!!!! PJ has always been one of my favorite bands and now more then ever they have an even specialer place in my heart!!
    Thank you to all the 10cer's who left me comments. They really have helped me fight this! Now hopefully the next time Pearl Jam plays Boston, I'll be able to attend. I did fight with the dr's to let me go. Sadly, they weren't having any of it. Haha. Thanks again to all of you!!!!

~Jenn
    www.myspace.com/jennifah76
    JAM76 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Well I am the "infamous" Jenn. It's been a tough a week for me, but thanks to my family and friends, I'm fighting this and hopefully it will go away soon. Thank you to Jim(DiRtYyELLoWoCeAn) for starting this. You are an incredible friend and I love you with all my heart! I will never be able to thank you enough! Thank you to Pearl Jam, 10 club and everyone who helped for the dedication. I still wish I didn't miss the show, but hearing you dedicate "smile" to me, literally brought tears to my eyes, while I was laying in the hospital. So thank you, thank you, a million times thank you!!!! PJ has always been one of my favorite bands and now more then ever they have an even specialer place in my heart!!
    Thank you to all the 10cer's who left me comments. They really have helped me fight this! Now hopefully the next time Pearl Jam plays Boston, I'll be able to attend. I did fight with the dr's to let me go. Sadly, they weren't having any of it. Haha. Thanks again to all of you!!!!

~Jenn
    Fantastic post Jenn! You are a great friend! I'm glad things are getting better slowly but surely! I still can't believe the outpouring of love from the band and everyone involved! It's things like this that make me proud to be in the 10 Club! Again that you everyone for all your love, kind words and support!!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    JAM76 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

~Jenn
    Get better REAL SOON Jenn, and I'll see you the next time PJ comes to Boston...
    ((((((((((( Big Hugs to You ))))))))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    JAM76 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

~Jenn
    Glad to hear you're on the mend!
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Hey Jenn,

I was at the show and the dedication was sweet. I wish you well and hopefully you'll get to hear it on the bootlegs. Speedy recovery girl!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    JAM76 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

~Jenn

Get well soon Jenn!!! I was at the show and heard Ed mention you before they played Smile. :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Hey Jenn, get your ass up, fight this shit and make sure you recover in time for the oct 22 show cuz if anyone deserves to go it's you!!! And do all of us a favor and take your buddy Jim with you!!! Class act boys, real classy to whip out SMILE for Jenn! But then again what do u expect from them. I salute you Jim for showing us all what a little bit of care can do for a peoples. Are we suprised the band played smile for jenn? I'm not, I just wish we couldve got it for MSG!!!! Oh and Ed, you shoulde called jenn from the stage jut to say hello, how are u doing jenn? That wouldve been sick!!! Get better Jenn, oct is right around the corner. What better way to celebrate your better health then to see pearl jam live!!! It's what the DR. ordered!!! :mrgreen: