test

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    first show I took my oldest son was U2 when he was 10. since then I have taken all 3 of my sons to shows - two summers ago I took all of them to see Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, and Stone Temple Pilots - they were 13, 11, and 7. We had a great time. This summer we are going to see Green Day from the pit!

I only take them to shows they want to go to and that I think they will be safe and enjoy. Unfortunately they don't like Pearl Jam. But thats ok, they still like music and shows.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    eh, as long as they're being looked after for sure. in auckland there was a little kid buried in the crowd - he would have been about 8 or 9 i guess. big ben harper fan. the security guys became preoccupied with making sure the kid was ok so dunc let the little fella stand on the rail in front of him for ben's set which made security relax. as soon as the set was over the kid's dad slipped through the crowd to take him out again - didn't want him crushed during pearl jam. good move too, most of the adults at the front were struggling with the pressure. can't imagine how a 9 year old would have coped.
  • Cradles Broken GlassCradles Broken Glass Posts: 1,409
    edited May 2010
    DP13 wrote:
    Why does EV continue to point out the wackos that bring small children (<10) to a Pearl Jam show?

He is definitely encouraging this reckless behavoir by pointing them out and then trying to throw them picks/tamborines (which encourages a stampede towards to kid).

I couldn't believe all of the very young children that were out in the middle of a tornado watch/thunderstorm in Noblesville. It was 50 degrees with roaring winds/rain. Things could have gotten pretty bad. The parking lot after the show was downright crazy dangerous, it was so dark I honestly don't know how there hasn't been a story on the pit yet about someone getting run over. During the show there was a passed out drunk directly behind me (on the ground passed out) and people smoking tons weed directly next to me; I am not saying this is wrong at a rock show but clearly not something anyone with a brain would want happening next to their five year old. Forget the little stuff: show over at mindnight, swearing, drinking, and general douchebaggery that occurs at a show.... just look at it from a safety standpoint. You people are nuts.

Obviously, there are alot of worst things you could do with your kids, but that doesn't mean it is a good idea to take your toddlers to an arena rock show.

I have to agree with you on one point and that is about people having them out during severe weather, that is kind of dangerous. However, I took my five-year-old turning six to the St. Louis show and we had a blast. I kept him close to me and held on to him at all times. Now, concerning the other stuff you mentioned. It is not illegal for my six-year-old to attend a show, but it is illegal to smoke weed, special rules do not apply to concerts. As far as the drinking goes, people drink all around us every time we have a family meal at Olive Garden. And it's ok for kids to stay up past their bedtimes for special events, once in a while isn't going to cause permanent damage. I'm offended by you basically saying that I have no brain. Also, Eddie has small children himself, you may not understand the soft spot that comes for children when you have children. I don't think the issue is with the parents that are bringing their small children to the show, but rather with the over-grown children behaving badly at the shows.

**And as a heads up for next time, you're stepping way over a line anytime you criticize anyone's parenting skills. Use a little tact next time.
    Post edited by Cradles Broken Glass on
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    i took my youngest son to his first pj show in 2006 - he was 9, and instead of 10c seats i got first row balcony seats over the side of the stage, simply so he could see .... wasnt going to be seeing much from the floor at that age, good seats or no - i had earplugs for him, but he took them out over and over again - and fell asleep on his chair with about two songs left to play.

last year, aged 13 he saw them for the second time, on the barrier in front of mike, in 40degree heat in sydney. By now he's actually taller than me, so in size he's even par. Yea, he got hot, no doubt smelled pot, and was very tired and worn out by the end. but he also got looked after, met other fans he's heard about for years, had a ball, and has another memory he'll never forget.

Ive got nothing against taking kids to live shows - just be sensible about where they are (the show has to be enjoyable for them .... they cant enjoy it while they are too busy trying to keep on their own feet to even watch the stage - and neither can you) And i think they have to want to see the band. My elder son isnt interested. Fine by me. The younger actually likes pj, knows the songs, sings along to the lyrics, all by his own choice ..... but dont take your kids along because its cute to see a 7yr old running round in a pj shirt. they look cute in army camo too, doesnt mean you'd take them there.
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    zenith wrote:

last year, aged 13 he saw them for the second time, on the barrier in front of mike, in 40degree heat in sydney. By now he's actually taller than me, so in size he's even par. Yea, he got hot, no doubt smelled pot, and was very tired and worn out by the end. but he also got looked after, met other fans he's heard about for years, had a ball, and has another memory he'll never forget.

Hey Zenith

I'm getting Marcus ready for MSG2 and I'll be doing Newark with a NYC based friend. Tell Riley his mum needs to lift her game and get him to MSG some time!! :)

g-day-from-yallingup.jpg

This is Marcus before the Perth show - complete with his sign, LA3 Dodgers t-shirt and 10c wrist band.
    zenith wrote:

Hey Zenith

I'm getting Marcus ready for MSG2 and I'll be doing Newark with a NYC based friend. Tell Riley his mum needs to lift her game and get him to MSG some time!! :)

g-day-from-yallingup.jpg

This is Marcus before the Perth show - complete with his sign, LA3 Dodgers t-shirt and 10c wrist band.

heya paul 8-)

believe me, if we won lotto we'd be over there now! riley is wearing the 09 show hat happily to school & sport every day - the 06 cap has been retired to the top of his bookshelf - even tho all his friends tell him pearl jam are an old band, why would he actually like them :roll: in fact, now that he's lost all his hair its the pj cap that stands him out.
    but tell marcus to make sure he gives a shout out to all the aussies left back home if he gets another heya from ed .... and make the most of it with him! im thinking by 2012 riley will be thinking its too embarrassing to stand anywhere near his poor old mother (too bad he doesnt have a 10c number now, isnt it ;) )
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    zenith wrote:
    heya paul 8-)

... tell marcus to make sure he gives a shout out to all the aussies left back home if he gets another heya from ed .... and make the most of it with him!

Unfortunately, despite trying all night from the time the tickets went on sale, I missed out on 10c tix and had to get TM tickets. I got them the second they went on sale but only managed section 211, row E. That's to the side of the stage, slightly behind Mike's right shoulder, so he'll go unnoticed. We're just happy to be seeing them at MSG - we're in the room and ready to rock!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    just see Paul..he is the right exable....knows how to give happiness to the kid,protect him and he dont do it for him self ..not so hard to do it..all ok
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DP13 wrote:
    Obviously, there are alot of worst things you could do with your kids, but that doesn't mean it is a good idea to take your toddlers to an arena rock show.

I think it's up to the parents to decide if their small child (6-10yrs old) is ready to attend a rock show. I was definitely ready for arena shows by the time I was 8 or 9. I remember begging to go to them, but my mom made me wait until I was 12.

Seeing toddlers and preschoolers is a little strange. I experienced what felt like culture shock in Grand Rapids. A little of a "So this is life in the rust belt?" feeling. There were quite a few people there with kids under five. Some were all dressed up like pageant kids. :?
    It all seemed so inappropriate, but the parents were having a great time and none of the kids seemed bothered by what they were experiencing. Meh, don't know.
    I carried a watermelon
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i went to my first concert when i was 14 dammit! silverchair!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Don't know why I haven't read this before.

My 13 year old is coming with us to Hyde Park this June to see PJ for the first time, he's been to see other shows and festivals as he was growing up. I don't think it's a problem, we have always kept him safe. I think the first festival we took him to was probably about 4 to Womad in Reading - he loved it!! We took into account his needs and spent a lot of time doing kids stuff.

I think with him (because we had a lot of babysitting problems when he was younger), taking him to lots of places i.e. shows, festivals, restaurants, cafes, galleries, museums and well probably everywhere, has really benefited him. I remember in Spain one year, we'd taken him to a Dali Gallery and his wifes house and he was talking about Dali and elephants with long legs etc and he asked where Dali was, when we told him had died, the poor little lad cried because he wouldn't be able to make anymore pictures.

Because he's always been so many places with us and we've always ensured he enjoyed himself, he never creates when he's there, we've never had to remove him from anywhere because he's been yelling. Now he's older he's often at friends houses and going on trips with school and isn't always available to go places with us, and to be honest I really miss him. I'm really looking forward to him coming to Hyde Park with us, although he maintains PJ are rubbish and he doesn't like them, but he wanted to come because we're also going to other stuff when we're in London that he really wants to do. It's going to be great to share it with him.

Anyway, I'm rambling on - it's Sunday morning and I stopped up too late last night. I guess I just wanted to say my piece.
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 276

I have to agree with you on one point and that is about people having them out during severe weather, that is kind of dangerous. However, I took my five-year-old turning six to the St. Louis show and we had a blast. I kept him close to me and held on to him at all times. Now, concerning the other stuff you mentioned. It is not illegal for my six-year-old to attend a show, but it is illegal to smoke weed, special rules do not apply to concerts. As far as the drinking goes, people drink all around us every time we have a family meal at Olive Garden. And it's ok for kids to stay up pass their bedtimes for special events, once in a while isn't going to cause permanent damage. I'm offended by you basically saying that I have no brain. Also, Eddie has small children himself, you may not understand the soft spot that comes for children when you have children. I don't think the issue is with the parents that are bringing their small children to the show, but rather with the over-grown children behaving badly at the shows.

**And as a heads up for next time, you're stepping way over a line anytime you criticize anyone's parenting skills. Use a little tact next time.

How the hell am I stepping way over the line?

All I said was that it isn't a good idea for Ed to be encouraging CRAZY 10c members from bringing 5 YEAR OLD CHILDREN to a rock concert.

I won't even bother to explain to you out how ignorant your Olive Garden analogy is.

And finally your point about "it isn't the kids behaving badly" is maybe the dumbest thing I have read on here in at least five years (ok, who am I kidding, maybe five minutes). Clearly no one said that the kids are the problem, but just because they are not the guilty party doesn't mean that it makes it safe for them at a show.

Good grief..... (This rebuttle was Arkansas insult free!)
    zenith wrote:
    i took my youngest son to his first pj show in 2006 - he was 9, and instead of 10c seats i got first row balcony seats over the side of the stage, simply so he could see .... wasnt going to be seeing much from the floor at that age, good seats or no - i had earplugs for him, but he took them out over and over again - and fell asleep on his chair with about two songs left to play.

Ive got nothing against taking kids to live shows - just be sensible about where they are (the show has to be enjoyable for them .... they cant enjoy it while they are too busy trying to keep on their own feet to even watch the stage - and neither can you) And i think they have to want to see the band. My elder son isnt interested. Fine by me. The younger actually likes pj, knows the songs, sings along to the lyrics, all by his own choice ..... but dont take your kids along because its cute to see a 7yr old running round in a pj shirt. they look cute in army camo too, doesnt mean you'd take them there.

So.....

At age 10 you had earplugs for your kid, but he kept taking them out.
    At age 10 he fell asleep.

Then at age 13 he had a great time....

Thanks for helping to make my point.
    Two last points I would like to make:

All of the "pro bring my baby to a rock show" posters have ignored my points about general safety and instead concentrated on the aspects I asked you to ignore: drinking, sound and a late night.

Holding up your five year old to EV, is the new holding up your BREATH sign.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    DP13 wrote:

+1 agreed.
  • DP13 wrote:

I have to agree with you on one point and that is about people having them out during severe weather, that is kind of dangerous. However, I took my five-year-old turning six to the St. Louis show and we had a blast. I kept him close to me and held on to him at all times. Now, concerning the other stuff you mentioned. It is not illegal for my six-year-old to attend a show, but it is illegal to smoke weed, special rules do not apply to concerts. As far as the drinking goes, people drink all around us every time we have a family meal at Olive Garden. And it's ok for kids to stay up past their bedtimes for special events, once in a while isn't going to cause permanent damage. I'm offended by you basically saying that I have no brain. Also, Eddie has small children himself, you may not understand the soft spot that comes for children when you have children. I don't think the issue is with the parents that are bringing their small children to the show, but rather with the over-grown children behaving badly at the shows.

How the hell am I stepping way over the line?

All I said was that it isn't a good idea for Ed to be encouraging CRAZY 10c members from bringing 5 YEAR OLD CHILDREN to a rock concert.

I won't even bother to explain to you out how ignorant your Olive Garden analogy is.

And finally your point about "it isn't the kids behaving badly" is maybe the dumbest thing I have read on here in at least five years (ok, who am I kidding, maybe five minutes). Clearly no one said that the kids are the problem, but just because they are not the guilty party doesn't mean that it makes it safe for them at a show.

Good grief..... (This rebuttle was Arkansas insult free!)

Wow, thank you for being the first mean person I've had the displeasure to meet on here. You are incredibly rude and insulting. You called people who bring their kids to concerts idiots basically (a clear violation of message board rules). You essentially said they are a bad and inattentive parent for doing so. My kid listens to PJ music with me constantly and enjoys it too, it isn't fair for him to be unable to attend a concert or for me (and others like me) to be called a bad parent b/c we want to share the concert experience with our kids. I'm a parent 24/7, 365 days out of the year, so the two to three hours you see me at a concert does not summarize my parenting skills. Sounds like you're just bitter b/c the cute kids get the acknowledgment from Ed rather than you. As far as the AR insult goes, this Arkansan was sharp enough to catch all your grammar and spelling errors in your post. Plus, I would never talk to somebody the way you did to me on here. Apparently, this girl from Arkansas has something you don't, manners!

**My whole point in replying to you earlier was to point out that the issue wasn't necessarily with the parents of the children. Also, I wanted to point out to you that you could have made your point without being so insulting to other 10C members. Instead of thinking about what I said (and if you disagreed you could have respectfully replied to me and let me know so), you chose to handle it in a poor way. I don't think you need to be calling anyone ignorant.

***One last point, I lost count of the times you violated the posting policies, you may need to take a look at the rules.
    fade away...

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Well I certainly disagree with the OP on this one...
    It's knowing what your kids can handle...
    My two boys (9 and 7) are huge fans of the music because guess what I play a lot...
    They have been begging to see the band and after seeing a bunch of shows without them, the wife (who is not a fan) and I decided to try it out...
    The USA and the fans at PJ shows make it really easy to take a kid to the concert... The individual seats make it easy to corner him off and all the wonderful people (you know who you are) make it real easy for the to have a terrific experience...
    Just came back from Hartford with the 7 year old and he is still raving about it (well was until I told him we are going to Iron Man 2 in a few minutes)
    I can promise you my kid will not be getting in your face... don't get in his and both of you will be happy :D

P.S.

If you run into my boys at either MSG show, say hello...
    P.S.S. Noblesville weather sucked and it was hard for anyone to be outside for that show but thanks to some real kind people my son made it through the wind...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    DP13 wrote:

+1 agreed.

absolutely!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • At Pearl Jam there are enough real fans, especially if you have ten club tickets, that come to here the music and not get drunk, smoke pot, or cause trouble. People can get drunk anywhere, smoke pot, and cause trouble anywhere. As long as your keeping an eye on them and letting them close they're eyes if they need to they should be fine.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    Why the fuck would somebody say USA is a church few pages back? Are you fucking kidding me? Europe is a playground for preschool kids. Step foot on the streets of the USA alone & you will get your ass beat. Europe's streets are childs play.

If you got kids & taught them well, have placed save gear on your child cause it's a loud envirnmont your taking them into which you want to protect their tiny ears. After reading & watching TV family programs & taking clases for way's to take care of your child, you should do fine. I would so bring my kids to a Pearl Jam show. I would be the happiest dad on the planet to bring them to something I love so very much. Youth is king. Let them have fun. Many kids are well mannered then the amount of grown men who are drunken, high & selfish @ these show's that would jump push & shove any woman & child in front of them if the band throw's something into the audience. It's sick.
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    demetrios wrote:
    Why the fuck would somebody say USA is a church few pages back? Are you fucking kidding me? Europe is a playground for preschool kids. Step foot on the streets of the USA alone & you will get your ass beat. Europe's streets are childs play..
    That would be your namesake, comparing the relatively sedate reserved seating environment in North American to the (occasionally unbearable) crush of the front of a European GA crowd. 'Church' might be harsh, but the rows of seats do offer more protection to the little ones who are a bit more fragile than grownups.

So long as the ears are protected, that the kid is actually interested in going in the first place, and the kid can stay awake to the usual end time of 11:30 or thereabouts, don't see what the big deal is, especially in reserved seating shows. Had an 8 year old behind me at Philly 4 on 10th and aisle, who mustn't have seen much considering me (9th) and Fleur (8th) are hyperactive London-Aussie drop-ins who make no concession about rocking out and bouncing less just cos there's a munchkin behind us.

So there's another point- just cos your guy is little, don't except us to ease up to make it easier for your kid to see the stage :P

Even in GA, I've seen a few kids managing ok. Sometimes it's quite sedate right at the very sides even when you're really close up against the barrier.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    DP13 wrote:
    Why does EV continue to point out the wackos that bring small children (<10) to a Pearl Jam show?

He is definitely encouraging this reckless behavoir by pointing them out and then trying to throw them picks/tamborines (which encourages a stampede towards to kid).

I couldn't believe all of the very young children that were out in the middle of a tornado watch/thunderstorm in Noblesville. It was 50 degrees with roaring winds/rain. Things could have gotten pretty bad. The parking lot after the show was downright crazy dangerous, it was so dark I honestly don't know how there hasn't been a story on the pit yet about someone getting run over. During the show there was a passed out drunk directly behind me (on the ground passed out) and people smoking tons weed directly next to me; I am not saying this is wrong at a rock show but clearly not something anyone with a brain would want happening next to their five year old. Forget the little stuff: show over at mindnight, swearing, drinking, and general douchebaggery that occurs at a show.... just look at it from a safety standpoint. You people are nuts.

Trying to keep an open mind here DP13...and I have to say it's the parents' call on whether their kids are ready to attend a show. I brought my 10 & 8 year-old sons to their first show in Columbus, and they had the time of their lives. In fact, they asked me to go, so I bought TM tix and we were five rows away...from the top/back of the arena. Given, they're not toddlers, but I think it's safe to say more "general douchebaggery" has broken out on this thread by more posters than yourself implying that I'm nuts, or worse.

I took the opportunity to parent when we smelled dope, to which my 8 year-old asked, "Well, isn't that illegal?" I also took the opportunity to parent when a fellow concertgoer PM'd me after the show to say how impressed he was with how polite and excited my 10 year-old was when he met him before the show.

I honored by sons' requests to accompany me to the show because of their love for Pearl Jam, not to score a tambourine or a pick. In fact, my 8 year-old scored a poster at the pre-party, & I'll have it framed and displayed in his room, not mine.

Trying to pass along my love for Pearl Jam, but thanks for your opinion.
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Well I certainly disagree with the OP on this one...
    It's knowing what your kids can handle...
    My two boys (9 and 7) are huge fans of the music because guess what I play a lot...
    They have been begging to see the band and after seeing a bunch of shows without them, the wife (who is not a fan) and I decided to try it out...
    The USA and the fans at PJ shows make it really easy to take a kid to the concert... The individual seats make it easy to corner him off and all the wonderful people (you know who you are) make it real easy for the to have a terrific experience...
    Just came back from Hartford with the 7 year old and he is still raving about it (well was until I told him we are going to Iron Man 2 in a few minutes)
    I can promise you my kid will not be getting in your face... don't get in his and both of you will be happy :D

P.S.

If you run into my boys at either MSG show, say hello...
    P.S.S. Noblesville weather sucked and it was hard for anyone to be outside for that show but thanks to some real kind people my son made it through the wind...

Hey Black Diamond...you forgot to mention what a gentleman your son was when I and countless others met him at Noblesville! A little dude who was that excited to see his favorite band musn't be denied! My 8 year-old is still talking about the 6-May show, and my 10 year-old is begging me to take him to another show.

For the record everyone, both boys sang their fool hearts out for the entire show...although both were disappointed to hear that they missed hearing Garden and Baba O'Riley by one night.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    The reality is that as much as we want our young kids to share in our "good musical taste" and great concert experiences, some of us forget that they are still kids. No matter how much PJ we drill into them and how progressive we fancy ourselves to be, the kids really could give 2 shits that they are at a PJ concert. All kids like to spend time with their parents and you are just fooling yourself if you think that your 7 year old is getting something special out of a PJ concert that they wouldn't get out of a walk at the park. Every kid I have ever seen at a rock concert gets all excited for the 1 or 2 songs that mom or dad force them to learn when they are 2 years old and then they try to scrounge for popcorn and candy for the rest of the show while mom and dad ignore them because Leash was played for the first time in 8.7 years (except for your kid, of course).

Get grandma to babysit, come and enjoy the show and leave the rock concerts for the teenage years.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    DP13 wrote:

So.....

At age 10 you had earplugs for your kid, but he kept taking them out.
    At age 10 he fell asleep.

Then at age 13 he had a great time....

Thanks for helping to make my point.

at aged 9 he fell asleep at around 11.30pm, with two songs left to go - taken a child to a movie, to a show, to any sort of event at that age before - so you arent capable of having fun in the hours prior? and as far as the earplugs - he took them out - my god, id better get reported to docs now! your children have ipods? a stereo in their room? go to the movies? a disco? taken a look at 14yr olds in a pit at a festival these days?? - in fact, how old were you at your first show?? god forbid. he's attended two shows in 3 years. His hearing is ruined.

He sat in the stands when he was shorter than me - he went on the floor when he was taller - both times he wanted to go, not because i thought i'd look cooler with him. and sweetiee - getting into an argument with a parent who does make sure their kids are safe is not a smart choice, believe me.
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    There was a kid about 8 or 9 in front of me, and i must say it inspired me more than anything. I had no reason to suggest it before, but now i am signing my fiance to be in 10c so that we can bring our kids in 8 or 9 years to a great show. Would i let them go to a concert on their own? no not for a long while, like i had to wait. But my dad took me to a Bruce and Tull show when i was young and my life shifted from NKOTB and whatnot immediately into Rock n Roll...long story short take your kids to Pearl Jam or risk having to take them to the next Jonas Brothers or NSync....
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Sorry, but Pearl Jam shows are a family bonding time for us. My daughter's been going with me since she was 8. She is now days away from being 16, and well understood and valued the opportunity we got last night - being front row on the rail with the lottery! She's been to 22 shows with me over the years. Our show trips have provided us with many happy memories, and even if she hates me some of the time (normal for teenage years), this gets suspended on PJ show weekends and we have a blast. There are many small moments of significance from our years at PJ shows, many shared memories. Going to Pearl Jam shows with one of my daughters is something of huge significance in both our lives.

As to words, alcohol and weed, she's learned what not to do, based on seeing silly behavior from those on substance, but she's seen it with her friends too, and knows of people at her school who do those things. Its a tough world out there - you can't shield your kids from everything but you can educate them how to navigate it and make smart choices.

Each family, each child, each situation is different. There are parents who are neglectful, and inattentive, maybe unwise; there are also parents who pay attention to their childrens' needs. Taking your child to a PJ show is no different than taking them fishing, to a baseball game, ice hockey, a movie. It is natural for parents to include children in activities they love, and its natural for children to want to be there. They may grow to love what you love, or they may not - either result is okay. When I see Springsteen I go alone, because the kids aren't into it. But when PJ is coming through, they fight over my 2nd 10 club seat. (I've also got a 20 year old)

I should add that music/art is in our lives. My almost 16 year is a budding opera singer, has sung professional level chorus, as well as playing several instruments herself (guitar, viola, a little piano), and has demonstrated a love for music since before she could walk - my background is dance, and my older daughter is in visual/digital art. Music is a major part of our lives and always has been. I could no more have excluded my children from musical events even early on, than I could deny them food.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Sorry, but Pearl Jam shows are a family bonding time for us. My daughter's been going with me since she was 8. She is now days away from being 16, and well understood and valued the opportunity we got last night - being front row on the rail with the lottery! She's been to 22 shows with me over the years. Our show trips have provided us with many happy memories, and even if she hates me some of the time (normal for teenage years), this gets suspended on PJ show weekends and we have a blast. There are many small moments of significance from our years at PJ shows, many shared memories. Going to Pearl Jam shows with one of my daughters is something of huge significance in both our lives.

That's exactly how I see it, I will have special memories with my son. I'll never forget dancing with him to our favorite songs in the audience long after he is grown. Also, I've told him no before when he's asked to go to concerts (I turned him down when we saw Foo Fighters, STP, and Ed solo). He just turned six and I thought that he has now entered "kidhood." Each time I've turned him down in the past it felt like a piece of me was missing. We drove almost six hours to see PJ, so we turned it into a mini family vacation and we had a blast. I hope I'm still going to concerts with him when he is your kid's age.
    fade away...

• KJ284707KJ284707 Posts: 16
    DP13 wrote:

Do have have children?

By far the biggest danger at a show is sound. Plug the kids ears and they will be fine.

I will bring my 2 sons when they hit 10, my choice.

But don't questions others, like people have stated so long as you keep and eye on the kid he will be fine. Any good parent would.

There isn't much that goes on a concert that doesn't happen in just about any city.

People passing out drunk and stoned is an excellent teaching moment. No need to shelter the kids.

When's the last time you read a report about a toddler being injured at a rock concert?

+1
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Does it count if they're 3 and it's their own show ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJG9Tol1 ... _embedded#

btw this kid is awsome :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?