Is Newark gonna be empty?

Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Just out of curiosity I searched for a pair to the Newark show one week from tonight. Pulled up 2 seats a mere 8 rows off the floor in section 121.

What's up with that?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I think they just released tix for Newark, Hartford and Bristow today
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Just out of curiosity I searched for a pair to the Newark show one week from tonight. Pulled up 2 seats a mere 8 rows off the floor in section 121.

What's up with that?

i dont know what chart your looking at but 121 isnt right off the floor its actually up all the way behind the stage as well
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    BUSH-lager wrote:

What's up with that?

umm - section 121 is not 8 rows off of the floor -- there is an entire section between it and the floor. And its behind the stage. Are you sure you got tickets to newark?
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    Its quite common for more tickets to be released a few days before a show.
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • chrisg72chrisg72 Posts: 112
    i just pulled up section 6 row 13...seats 3-4.
    9.28.96 - 9.29.96 - 9.1.00 - 6.3.06 - 6.24.08 - 6.25.08 - EV 8.7.08 - 10.30.09 - 5.20.10 - 5.21.10 - 9.11.11
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i'm gonna be there going crazy...and so is the band thats all that matters 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    NYCPJ wrote:
    BUSH-lager wrote:

What's up with that?

umm - section 121 is not 8 rows off of the floor -- there is an entire section between it and the floor. And its behind the stage. Are you sure you got tickets to newark?

Ack, sorry, i meant section 21. Just looked again and got section 6, 14 rows off the floor on the adjacent side of the stage from 21.

Really surprised by this. Like someone else said, it doesn't really matter to me, I'd have a grand old time regardless. Just a little odd considering it's a stones throw from MSG and those tickets went like hotcakes. Is tunnel traffic really that bad? lol
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Should have played Boston
  • Hmmm....they should have played Memphis, Ed's solo sold out there in like an hour.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    NYCPJ wrote:
    BUSH-lager wrote:

What's up with that?

Ack, sorry, i meant section 21. Just looked again and got section 6, 14 rows off the floor on the adjacent side of the stage from 21.

Really surprised by this. Like someone else said, it doesn't really matter to me, I'd have a grand old time regardless. Just a little odd considering it's a stones throw from MSG and those tickets went like hotcakes. Is tunnel traffic really that bad? lol

I wouldnt worry about it -- there are some stray tickets floating around toward the back half of the loge and behind the stage, and maybe some promoter seats get dumped soon, but im sure its going to be a great crowd and an awesome show.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 256
    Maybe if the show wasn't on a Tuesday more people would go. I know us diehards make the time to go, but normal people work on a Tuesday. I have been saying for years, that they don't take into account the fact that most people work during the week. I know they can sell out most places on any given night, and the "rent" is probably higher on a Friday or Saturday, but it's worth it.

They could have played on Saturday 05/22 when they added the Newark date. I have no idea what was going on at the Pru Center on that day, but we have a few arenas to choose from in the tri-state area.

So expect some empty seats, or maybe that lame backdrop they have to use when they can't fill the seats behind the stage (ie.philly 1).

You know how Ed will say something like: "Pennsylvania on a Saturday Night!"?.. I doubt we're going to hear: "New Jersey, happy Tuesday!"
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
    Soybeans wrote:
    Maybe if the show wasn't on a Tuesday more people would go. I know us diehards make the time to go, but normal people work on a Tuesday. I have been saying for years, that they don't take into account the fact that most people work during the week. I know they can sell out most places on any given night, and the "rent" is probably higher on a Friday or Saturday, but it's worth it.

They could have played on Saturday 05/22 when they added the Newark date. I have no idea what was going on at the Pru Center on that day, but we have a few arenas to choose from in the tri-state area.

So expect some empty seats, or maybe that lame backdrop they have to use when they can't fill the seats behind the stage (ie.philly 1).

You know how Ed will say something like: "Pennsylvania on a Saturday Night!"?.. I doubt we're going to hear: "New Jersey, happy Tuesday!"

Great point. I can honestly say this is a show I did not attend because of the day of the week. I live on Long Island, so I can manage with MSG being on a weeknight, but not Jersey. They got me to go to Hartford solely because it was a Saturday night. It also doesn't help that they announced that Jersey show so late, although that may have been out of their control, I don't know.

In an ideal scenario though, it seems smarter to play MSG early in the week, Mon-Wed as these pretty much sell out no matter what. If they throw that Jersey gig on a Fri/Sat (maybe even a Thursday) I'd be much more inclined to go.
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 412
    I managed to get tix for about half face value from a source other than ticketmaster. But I did see that ticketmaster had seats available.

I believe the amount of available tix is due to the fact that:

1) It's a Tuesday
    2) The two MSG shows are only a few days separated from Newark

I really don't care if there are empty seats as long as it's not half empty or anything. I think by show time most of the tix will be purchased. It'll probably be 85 - 95% full.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Soybeans wrote:

Great point. I can honestly say this is a show I did not attend because of the day of the week. I live on Long Island, so I can manage with MSG being on a weeknight, but not Jersey. They got me to go to Hartford solely because it was a Saturday night. It also doesn't help that they announced that Jersey show so late, although that may have been out of their control, I don't know.

In an ideal scenario though, it seems smarter to play MSG early in the week, Mon-Wed as these pretty much sell out no matter what. If they throw that Jersey gig on a Fri/Sat (maybe even a Thursday) I'd be much more inclined to go.

no no no

MSG is always tues and wed

its so awesome its thursday and friday this year

take off friday and have a pj 3 day weekend !!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    I just bought tickets for $30! I think this show is going to be pretty empty, but i'm pumped either way. I'm bringing my friend who has never seen them to Newark and then going to MSG for Thursday and Friday!!!!!!!!
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Sure it's a Tuesday night, but if I wasn't going to this show I'd be at Yankee Stadium for Yankees v. Boston, hell I might get home earlier from this show than the game the way those two teams play each other.
    Jw
  • SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 256
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Sure it's a Tuesday night, but if I wasn't going to this show I'd be at Yankee Stadium for Yankees v. Boston, hell I might get home earlier from this show than the game the way those two teams play each other.
    Jw

Yeah, same hear. The game will prob still be going when the show let's out. I guess I'll be in the car to hear "Yankees win!. Theee Yankees Win!"
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • If my geographical thinking is correct....aren't they playing four shows this tour in that area? Also, I think they played a few there (in the NJ/PA/NY) during the fall? I think it's probably hard right now for people to attend that many shows in a years time. So, there is probably die-hard fans who aren't even going to be able to make it. Maybe they had such a great response during the fall in the NE, they thought this would be a good idea :cry: I would have loved to seen more shows added in the South. I'm from AR and they haven't played Little Rock since 03 and Memphis since 00, I'm praying for a Memphis show!
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    its going to be like a WNBA game there.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    The band will still come out and perform with the same energy as allways ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    i notice all the negative comments are boston people :lol:

oh well me jose and 4,000 others will be having a blast :lol:
  • lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    newark is not the best area and despite improvements in the public transportation there, people from Queens and Long Island won't trek out there.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"

No doubt about it the boys will bring their A game, i did notice all the negativity is from the Boston folks :lol::lol:
    lowlight79 wrote:
    newark is not the best area and despite improvements in the public transportation there, people from Queens and Long Island won't trek out there.

Maybe not you but i'm headed there with at least 4 to 6 people from here 8-)
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407

No doubt about it the boys will bring their A game, i did notice all the negativity is from the Boston folks :lol::lol:

we are all clearly bitter Boston 2 didnt happen, can you blame us?
    Mcam55 wrote:

we are all clearly bitter Boston 2 didnt happen, can you blame us?

:lol::lol::lol: No i can't i was surprized you guys didn't get the 2nd show ...
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Soybeans wrote:

i was going to take a pass on newark. figured 2 shows @ MSG, more than enough for me. :)
    i did in fact take a pass, never tried for tix, was totally happy with my decision.
    then........
    ther'es always a 'then'......:D
    good friend of mine let me know another mutual friend, with a kick-ass 10c # to boot....had a spare.
    would i like to go?

:twisted:
    evil, evil people!
    :lol:
    i was so proud of my self-restraint!
    i passed on hartford!
    i passed on newark!
    well.......not quite. how could i possibly resist that offer? :lol:
    normally, i always get my own 10c tix. always. so i always already have a ticket, and usually someone sharing my spare, so i almost always say no to others offering me their spares, even when their 10c seats are 95% of the time WAY better than mine. i make my plans, i get my tix, i make arrangements to go with mr. dream or a friend who doesn't mind my mediocre 10c seats (i never mind!) only time my seats are *better* is the numerous GA shows i've hit up, or when BEFORE ticket sales, arrange to share tix with a friend with a better #, and that is rare. most times, i hit shows on my own #. so yea, this was such a RARE possibility, again....how could i pass it up? :geek: sooooo...i didn't. :D

i am working tuesday.
    i am working wednesday.
    i live on long island.
    however, i do work in manhattan - so it's easy enough to get to/from newark with the path. i already have a monthly LIRR pass, so easy enough to go home. it will be LATE. i will be TIRED. but it is 100% WORTH IT.
    thanks shoe!
    ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Soybeans wrote:

no no no

Haha, I hear ya, doing the same thing! = )
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Soybeans wrote:

no no no

i just put in for the day!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Soybeans wrote:

no no no

i just put in for the day!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

i had that planned the moment i secured my 10c tix. mr. dream is doing the same. fantastic. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow