Options

Are your 10C seats slowly getting worse? I think mine are.

13»

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    nope.
    better.
    much better, overall.
    my # is 257something....joined in 2002. first show in 2003. i've seen them every year since. granted, many shows i attended were GA - europe & irving plaza. couple charity shows thus TM/10c ticketing such as VFC and robin hood. also a few shows i shared tix with better 10c #s than mine. however, that said....my seats when i use my own #, which Is the norm for the vast majority of my shows (30).......consistently improved. now, i am not talking amazingly different, but better. my MSG seats in 2008 much better than my MSG seats in 2003. and when i have traveled to other cities on my #, even BETTER seats. it is quite rare for me to be on the floor, but it has happened, 3x on my #, anywhere from 10th row to 24th. usually i am about mid-way back and up a level or 2 off the floor - which i actually prefer b/c i am short and i like to see :mrgreen: - and it has been pretty consistent in that sense all these years. we'll see where my 10c # score this year for the MSG shows.

i will say tho, i think 2003 was definitely a *big* year....and members who saw shows earlier probably see a marked difference. lots of changes to the system, more people in the 10c, less shows overall...definitely amps the demand, and sure the possibility of more lower #ed people being ahead of you. personally, i think the lottery makes a negligible difference for us all - and is AWESOME for those who win - so well worth it staying put. also, it's such a crapshoot even scoring 10c tix, so that might actully level the playing field somewhat, b/c i am sure just as many lower #ed members get shut out of 10c tix as higher #s....so it could work in your favor.

anyhoo...i'll let ya know after the MSG shows....b/c that'll be 6 shows, 3 years, same venue and 10c #.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    My number is 253,xxx so I am right near the OP in seniority, and in my case my seats have gotten better over the years.
    2003- 6 shows, all around the same place-back of the first section of seating (all but 1 amphitheaters, the only arena waaayyy back on the floor, 40 rows or so).
    2004-vfc, not 10c
    2006-only went to one show, and it was Vegas. was on the side, 2nd section over
    2008-WPB-18 rows back in the first section (approx 8-10 rows closer than '03)
    Tampa- 1st section side stage 8th row (same arena where I was 40th row floor in '03, these seats were much better in my opinion)
    2009-Chicago 2-first section side stage 9th row
    2010-KC row 23 dead center floor
    StL 1st section side stage row 6 (again, like these better than floor night before-yes, I am under 6')

I see an improvement from row 40 on floor to row 23, and 8-10 rows closer at same amphitheater.
    I suppose a debate as to which seats are better-halfway back on floor to 1st section on the side-are better could influence someone's view on whether they have gotten better seats over the years or not.

Also, I recently started a thread about this, and seemed to get a lot of responses of people experiencing the same as me, I get Stone's side every time, literally, no exaggeration- at arena shows where I get first section on the side. Some people said they get Mike's side every time. This is something I believe is pretty interesting. I love the seats, they give a great view, but it seems weird that so many people confirmed that they always get the same side, whichever side that may be.
  • Options
    bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    As many have said tours are shorter and more fans are traveling to multiple shows.

Over the past several years my husband and I have been lucky enough to see numerous shows and recognize many familiar faces that often surround us. Like clockwork again this tour we were next to or very near those same people.

We alternated between Mike and Stones side every night for the 4 shows.

Personally I thought my seats were great this time around and I was only on the floor for one show.
    I also appreciate that security did a great job at all the venues we were at.

Without the lottery I would never have the hopes of front row myself........
    One day I will win it ;) at least I can dream lol
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    My seats keep getting better & better. And I haven't even won the lottery yet! :shock:
  • Options
    tragicheadjamtragicheadjam Posts: 196
    I think they should go back to 1 show per tour or maybe one preferred show per tour where you're only competing with people who have designated that show their preferred as well. If its not your preferred show it would go by seniority behind the preferred members. Does that make sense?

169xxx here. 4th row in 2000. 13th row in 2010.
    1996 - 10/01
    1998 - 08/22
    2000 - 09/05_10/05
    2003 - 04/25_4/26_05/02_05/03_06/28
    2005 - 09/13_09/19
    2006 - 05/10
    e06/08/09v
    2010 - 05/10
    e06/16/11v
    e06/26/11v
    2011 - 09/12_09/15
    2012 - 09/22
    2013 - 07/16_07/19_10/12
    2016 - 05/01_05/02_05/10
    2018 - 09/02
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    speedy norm have it right
    smaller tours mean less shows
    less shows mean more members trying for each each show-and a greater chance that someone with a lower number is at your show
    Really, thats all there is too it IMHO.

I dont think the lottery makes that much of a difference-except for those people that were regularly seated in the first 10 rows.

That being said, my seats have generally improved each tour-except for philly, I was up higher on the wings than usual-which was because there were more members with lower numbers at those shows.
  • Options
    I know this much.......My seats are always worse when I get shut out of the TenClub Sales!!!!!!
    Seek my part, devote myself..
  • Options
    I've been on the floor for two shows and about 20 rowsback each time and another time on the side of the stage. The floor sucked for me b/c I'm only 5'6 so it's hard to see. I love being on the side. I would like to see the option of floor or lover bowl. Dave Matthews does that for their shows and it's great. I'm about 10 rows up on the side and have a great view. I just like having to option of floor or side. That's all for now.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    for once, I'd like to see someone not put XXX at the end of their number :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    imalive wrote:
    for once, I'd like to see someone not put XXX at the end of their number :wtf:

nope.
    better.
    much better, overall.
    my # is 257something.....

:mrgreen:
    mostly b/c i honestly don't remember the last 3 digits..i'd have to look it up and i am far too lazy for that. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    XXX709

Mine have gotten better (best was in 2006 Santa Barbara though!). Except in 2009 I was on the floor waaaaaaay back for 2 shows and it is hard when you are short as others have said. LUCKILY---they were both at the end of the row, center aisle. :D

EDIT: Worst seats EVER with 10C tix was the blocking at Irvine!!!! So yeah---DON"T go back to blocking.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Member 1503X1---i'm sitting in the balcony in Boston on Monday. (cant wait!)

So when Ten Club tells you they reserve the best seats in the house...believe it!
    Becuase if you get shut out of Ten Club tickets your seats rapidly get much much worse, and you pay more fee's!

BTW this is not the 1st time I have been shut out of a home town show, I have experience with Balcony and crappy Loge seating.

I will take slowly worse seating (whatever the reason) with the best seats in the house any day.
    Seek my part, devote myself..
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,820
    Ive been a member since '96 (16xxx3) and my seats on average have gotten worse. But, there still good seats. The block system was terrible. Sitting on line (for hours) knowing that each person ahead of you it knocking your seat back. Like someone posted, it's nice to show up right before the opener, pick up tix, and walk in. To be redundant, fewer shows, more travelers, more seniority at every show. From '98-'03 I could count on being floor anywhere from rows 7 to 15. Now Im lucky to get row 15 and Im rountinely 20-25 rows back or Im in the wings. Doesnt matter though. Good seats regardless.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Ten/VHC Tickets using membership #139,XXX
    1995 - Seats were General Admission at San Diego Sports Arena. So, it was fend for yourself.
    1998 - First of the seated shows. Third row at COX Arena SDSU.
    2001 - Failed to renew, missed Ten/VHC Tix.
    2003 - Did not use because a friend had a lower number.
    2006 - Typically, Row 12 to 14 in San Diego and Los Angeles. Third row in Santa Barbara, General Admission in San Francisco.
    2009 - Third Row, Stage Left Riser in Los Angeles, Night One.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    Yes and it sucks when you live in a big PJ city like Boston. I have always wanted some sort of a "home court advantage " system. I have # 150xxx.....In 1998 I sat dead center second row, but now I am consistantly around the 17th row or so. Not complaining, but I know when I am at a Boston show those 15 or so rows in front are not filled with Boston people. But the system they have now works, compared to some of the other ways except I have been shut out of 10c tickets twice on the online system. I wish it was still done by mail. They should raise your membership dues by a few bucks to pay for a better server...

Unreleated, but I wonder what my "real 10c number" is. Meaning even though im 150xxx how many of those low numbers no longer are members
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10