10 CLUB TICKETS,DISSAPOINTMENT

124»

Comments

• cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    AM61733 wrote:
    My ten club number is 201xxx. The closest I've ever been is 17 rows back back in 2003. Instead of my tickets getting better every tour, they are getting worse. What's funny is that on touringfans I had the suckiest seats out of everyone. There were people with numbers 450+ that had better seats than I did. I don't know if the 10C hates me or if they just have my account screwed up. We were in section D Row O. We stayed there for half the show but since I couldn't see anything (and I mean all I saw was peoples backs for the first half), we headed out to the lawn with my Mom and my brother. It was beyond a disappointment because my 11 year old daughter was with me and it was her first concert. The concert was amazing though and we saw them on the jumbo-tron out in the lawn but I feel that I flushed my ten club tix money down the toilet. I want to write to them about it and see if there is something wrong because if this is based on seniority, then I was totally screwed. Call me a whiner all you want but I know that most of you who rip on people for being sad about their tickets have been up front at least once. I'd pass out if I made it in a front section at this point.
    Actually, your member number is 430XXX...you let it lapse for two years.
    slh

OUCH :twisted:
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Actually, your member number is 430XXX...you let it lapse for two years.slh

I don't blame the 10c for setting the record straight. My seats have improved with each tour.

I would be very happy with the same seats I had at MSG last time. They weren't up front, they weren't right next to the stage but they were damn good seats for that venue.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited May 2010
    Actually, your member number is 430XXX...you let it lapse for two years.
    slh
    Oh snap!

you get plenty of notice to renew and a lapse period. Ten C does all they can to try to make sure people don't lose their numbers.
    Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    seems a few times this his been common recently
    people lapse and don't know it.

2 years is a bit long to go i think though lol
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • I did? What years did I and why am I still registered as 201? I had no idea that there was a rule that says you lose your place in seniority if you didn't pay your dues exactly on time. I've read where people have recovered their old numbers from years ago. That really sucks especially since I've been living in a hospital on and off for the past several years and didn't even know what planet I was on for about three years. It's one of the reasons I support CCFA so much. I guess this is another rule that I didn't know anything about.
    It's an art to live with pain.. mix the light into gray.
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    AM61733 wrote:
    I did? What years did I and why am I still registered as 201? I had no idea that there was a rule that says you lose your place in seniority if you didn't pay your dues exactly on time. I've read where people have recovered their old numbers from years ago. That really sucks especially since I've been living in a hospital on and off for the past several years and didn't even know what planet I was on for about three years. It's one of the reasons I support CCFA so much. I guess this is another rule that I didn't know anything about.

Membership Renewal Policy
    The definition of the Ten Club membership renewal policy states a membership is considered delinquent on the exact date of expiration. For 90 days after the date of expiration, the membership remains delinquent but is available for renewal within this grace period. During this 90-day grace period the original membership may be renewed and all seniority will stay intact.

Renewal notices are sent out via email at the beginning of each month to all memberships that have become delinquent in the previous month, allowing each member to renew their membership within the 90-day grace period and maintain their seniority.

NOTE FOR NON-DELINQUENT MEMBER RENEWALS: Please login to your member account before renewing. Failure to do so may result in creating an entirely new account and all seniority may be lost.

Memberships that are delinquent for more than 90 days become non-member accounts and the former member will no longer receive the benefits of the Ten Club. Delinquent accounts can be renewed by logging in and purchasing a new membership. Although the Member profile and account history will remain in tact, a new member number will automatically be assigned and all seniority will be lost.

Members who wish to retrieve their original membership number that has been inactive for a duration of time, will need to provide valid reasoning for their delinquency.

Cl
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    I still say they should make the 1st 25 rows lottery. That way ALL the elitist fucks, who have their imaginary relationship with Eddie, can realize that they are not entitled to a fucking thing. That way nobody has any fucking idea where they are sitting. I have friends of mine, who would literally foam at the fucking mouth, if they had to sit in the 26th row, or in the first 2 side sections.

That would be awesome. Not for me personally but it makes perfect sense to me. :clap:
  • PS Thanks for all the ten club love. NOT! I apologize for being sick and having ulcerative colitis since I was 9. I deserve to be laughed at because I didn't know about this rule and don't live on the net and I deserve to be treated like shit for being sick and in the hospital for most of the past ten years. So much for the Pearl Jam community being nice to one another. I didn't realize that there were so many douche bags who get a hard on kicking someone when they are down. Oh and I'm female so you can quit calling me a dude. Thanks for all the positive feedback. Peace.

PS The guy who works for the ten club was just answering my question. He didn't act like a dick about it. I assume from what was just posted regarding my "delinquency" that being in ill probably qualifies as a valid reason within the club to retrieve my original membership number. I'll contact them directly instead of discussing it on here. Note to self, don't talk about issues like this on the forum unless I want the dickweed brigade to attack.
    It's an art to live with pain.. mix the light into gray.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I still say they should make the 1st 25 rows lottery. That way ALL the elitist fucks, who have their imaginary relationship with Eddie, can realize that they are not entitled to a fucking thing. That way nobody has any fucking idea where they are sitting. I have friends of mine, who would literally foam at the fucking mouth, if they had to sit in the 26th row, or in the first 2 side sections.

That would be awesome. Not for me personally but it makes perfect sense to me. :clap:

I would definitely benefit from that change, but don't think its the best idea. Mainly because that would give scalpers more of a reason to join the ten club and then flip the seats.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2010
    ... i take it back
    Post edited by joe2468 on
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    AM61733 wrote:
    PS Thanks for all the ten club love. NOT! I apologize for being sick and having ulcerative colitis since I was 9. I deserve to be laughed at because I didn't know about this rule and don't live on the net and I deserve to be treated like shit for being sick and in the hospital for most of the past ten years. So much for the Pearl Jam community being nice to one another. I didn't realize that there were so many douche bags who get a hard on kicking someone when they are down. Oh and I'm female so you can quit calling me a dude. Thanks for all the positive feedback. Peace.

PS The guy who works for the ten club was just answering my question. He didn't act like a dick about it. I assume from what was just posted regarding my "delinquency" that being in ill probably qualifies as a valid reason within the club to retrieve my original membership number. I'll contact them directly instead of discussing it on here. Note to self, don't talk about issues like this on the forum unless I want the dickweed brigade to attack.
    In all fairness, no one knew you were ill and the board has been inundated with complaints about poor seats through the ten club. Most of the people complaining have been people with very high membership numbers.

I still believe that some of the kindest, most caring people I have ever met, I have met through the 10c.

I am truly sorry to hear of prolonged suffering. If there is one group of people in the world that have stepped up to help CCFA, it is certainly the ten club members. I hope the 10c resolves your membership number issue, something tells me they will.

Peace.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    AM61733 wrote:
    PS Thanks for all the ten club love. NOT! I apologize for being sick and having ulcerative colitis since I was 9. I deserve to be laughed at because I didn't know about this rule and don't live on the net and I deserve to be treated like shit for being sick and in the hospital for most of the past ten years. So much for the Pearl Jam community being nice to one another. I didn't realize that there were so many douche bags who get a hard on kicking someone when they are down. Oh and I'm female so you can quit calling me a dude. Thanks for all the positive feedback. Peace.

In all fairness, no one knew you were ill and the board has been inundated with complaints about poor seats through the ten club. Most of the people complaining have been people with very high membership numbers.

I still believe that some of the kindest, most caring people I have ever met, I have met through the 10c.

I am truly sorry to hear of prolonged suffering. If there is one group of people in the world that have stepped up to help CCFA, it is certainly the ten club members. I hope the 10c resolves your membership number issue, something tells me they will.

Peace.

I couldn't say it any better than PJ_lukin. Cyberspace can be a harsh place. Good luck.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    AM61733 wrote:

Peace.
    +1
    10C its imposible to know someone personal problems..isnt 10c mistake that u loose your membership number
    i wish u fast recovery
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Does Santos L Halper work for the fan club?

Yup. Anything he says is accurate.

I thought "he" was a she :think: . No?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    AM61733 wrote:
    I did? What years did I and why am I still registered as 201? I had no idea that there was a rule that says you lose your place in seniority if you didn't pay your dues exactly on time. I've read where people have recovered their old numbers from years ago. That really sucks especially since I've been living in a hospital on and off for the past several years and didn't even know what planet I was on for about three years. It's one of the reasons I support CCFA so much. I guess this is another rule that I didn't know anything about.

i just commented cause there 2 many complaints going on already within this tour so of course we all jumped the gun when another one of these threads pops up

but trust me i understand more then anything about health problems i have severe ongoing stomach problems as well that has put me in the hospital so i apologize if i came off rude its just annoying to see these type of threads so often my number is 443xxx and i would love to have these seats people are complaining about
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    AM61733 wrote:

key word here is that " you didn't know about"

we also did not know you were ill. that changes the face of this a little.

At the end of the day it's still up to you to renew your member ship but at least you might be able to keep your old number. be happy with that. maybe cut everyone else a little slack as well.

As a nurse i have seen many in your shoes. It's not a fun disease .
    best of luck
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,199
    There are, what, a couple thousand or so 10C seats at each show? If you have 1 or 2 people complaining per show, that's definitely a vocal minority. And it also transcends membership number...two of the threads started this tour have been a 300xxx and 400xxx. It just sounds faaaaaaar more unreasonable when it's someone complaining about the 17th row.

I think the vast majority of people are cool and the system is near perfect as is. I'm pretty fortunate with my 10C number and make sure to share the love (had 10C tix to 27 shows and have taken 22 different people). This system is the best case scenario both for fans and the band and I certainly hope it continues.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    imalive wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Does Santos L Halper work for the fan club?

Yup. Anything he says is accurate.

I thought "he" was a she :think: . No?

Santos L Halper (aka Santa's Little Helper) is male.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa's_Little_Helper

:D;)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
This discussion has been closed.