10 CLUB TICKETS,DISSAPOINTMENT

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i may have a chance to be up close at an upcoming show. i have a feeling i'm gonna be annoyed by the people surrounding me
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I still say they should make the 1st 25 rows lottery. That way ALL the elitist fucks, who have their imaginary relationship with Eddie, can realize that they are not entitled to a fucking thing. That way nobody has any fucking idea where they are sitting. I have friends of mine, who would literally foam at the fucking mouth, if they had to sit in the 26th row, or in the first 2 side sections.

I honestly think it should be rows 1 & 2 plus the first row of the side stage seats on both sides instead of rows 9 and 10. With those 2 rows included in the lottery it always moves me back 4 rows instead of 2. hahahahahahahaha
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    And if anyone doubts the fact that it isnt ALL about those precious fucking tickets for 90% of the people here, then go look at the review threads, on the Given To Fly Forum. There are a few hundred reviews of all the shows so far. Right? And 90% of those reviews all start out with the person Telling everyone EXACTLY where their seats were.

Because its all about those precious fucking tickets.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 634
    I had seats half-way up on the sides, and liked them better than the seats I had on the floor. Better view, more room.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • I would like to hear parrothead's rebuttal :lol: As my dad always says, "suck it up whiny ass".
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    I would like to hear parrothead's rebuttal :lol: As my dad always says, "suck it up whiny ass".
    No shit....

He is whiny about his 17th row tickets? I hope next time his seat in the 4th fucking balcony, in the womens restroom, stall number 3. And he is in charge of providing fresh panty shields for all the ladies.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I'm disappointed with the spelling more than anything

I'm 189xxx and got 5th row center in SLC, but it was SLC! :lol::lol::lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    I think the missconception is that your ten club numnber back in the 90's used to mean something. Now it is just a number, You have venue people, and the bands friends all pushing people back, plus is a smaller tour. I am 176XXX. I just hope for MSG I am in section 68 like back in 2008 that was a sweet view. Ten club only guarantees u a spot in the house, not the best ticket. But I am happy for that service at the least.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • I would like to hear parrothead's rebuttal :lol: As my dad always says, "suck it up whiny ass".
    No shit....

He is whiny about his 17th row tickets? I hope next time his seat in the 4th fucking balcony, in the womens restroom, stall number 3. And he is in charge of providing fresh panty shields for all the ladies.

Yes that would be perfect for parrothead! Im sure he has never been anywheres other than the floor. Would be nice for him to experience something else. I was 4th balcony behind the stage at MSG 08 and I still rocked the fuck out and had a GREAT time.
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,823
    158XXX is not that great of a number to expect anything better
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    awww poor baby :cry:
    i like sound...
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    parrothead wrote:
    Went to 4 shows this tour with a 158xxx best seats were 17th row for columbus?

that sounds about right.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Complaining about 17th row? Really? That actually sounds pretty good for your number.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I would like to hear parrothead's rebuttal :lol: As my dad always says, "suck it up whiny ass".
    No shit....

:lol::lol: Speedy is spitting gold today!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    I have never sat anywhere remotey close to that.....and the truth is im fine with that. I sat 2nd to last row at the spectrum last year and I would do it again in a sencond. People need to just start being grateful that the band WE ALL love, and the band that unites us is still rocking and putting out truly great music after almost 20 years.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I agree with the complaining...yet, this is something that has been nurtured by the fan club.

I think many believe that the longer we've been in the club, the closer we are to actually being in the band. :lol:

Once we hit front row, the next stop is the drum riser!

Rewarding those who have stuck with the band over the long haul is nice, but they've created a lot of monsters. Myself not excluded. :)

Signed,

187###

;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    it the whiner's would just give up and let their membership lapse i would be very appreciative :D
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,682
    They do the best they can for all involved, they keep seniority in place to both reward longtime members and aid in thwarting scalpers from joining to whatever extent they can. The fact that someone can be disappointed with 17th row with what is a good, but not great, member number is sad. You know you lost 4 rows to the lottery, so that means you would otherise have been row 13. With that 10c number thats about right. You have to factor in that in some venues 10c doesn't get every seat down front, sometimes there are VIP/season tix packages that claim some, plus of course the pair in the front row reserved for taper and his friend.

My guess is that without 10club, the OP would never sniff anything near the 17th row. Some people just can't see the forest for the trees.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the complaining is annoying ,but lets not compare and say the last row in the house is just as good as anywhere. we would all rather be close
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Poncier wrote:
    plus of course the pair in the front row reserved for taper and his friend.

:lol::lol:
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    they should limit ticket buying to 1 show per tour, more people would get 10C tickets, and your seats will likely be better.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    they should limit ticket buying to 1 show per tour, more people would get 10C tickets, and your seats will likely be better.

That would cut down traveling big time, and would result in fewer tickets being sold overall.

Personally I think the system is fine the way it is.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,823
    the system is fine the way it is
    every member has a shot at tickets for every show
    and every member has a shot at being in the front row.
    everyone is treated the same for every show
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    parrothead wrote:
    Went to 4 shows this tour with a 158xxx best seats were 17th row for columbus?

WOW :|
    Poor you
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    how about alternating tours between seniority and lotto?
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    jones wrote:

how about no.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    jones wrote:

I'd like that for tours where they have 2 stops in a city. example, for the 2 MSG shows, do one show senority, the next complete lottery for all 10C tickets.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I always wonder if the seemingly endless parade of complainers represents a majority of 10C members or rather just an incredibly vocal minority. I do hope it is the latter, and if so I would hate to see the system changed in a way that punishes longtime members who aren't constantly griping about being screwed or shafted in some way.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    edited May 2010
    You know what's disappionting? Being a San Francisco 10C member since '95 and having a grand total of TWO shows for which 10C seats were available.

They didn't play here in '96; didn't come in '98 (though they did play in Sacto, 90 miles away - and that was GA); one Binaural show in '00, for which I did get awesome seats; one Riot Act show in '03, again awesome seats; for Avacado, GA only for the S.F. '06 shows (would it have killed them to rope off a section for 10C members? Oh that's right, they let us line up early - great for those of us with actual jobs!); and they haven't come here for ANY of the recent non-album-year tours. The "Backspacer show" that we got last year? A GA, expensive, non-PJ festival show in Golden Gate Park. Yet they managed to do FOUR shows in L.A. with great 10C seats. (Yes, I could travel, but some of us can't afford to do so, either in time or money (or both).

For what I've paid in 10C fees, I could have scalped good seats for the whopping two shows I've seen. So I laugh when people complain about the QUALITY of their 10C seats - at least you're getting them!
    Post edited by WMAmorican on
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    iamloco724 wrote:
    it amazes me how many people actually complain about seats i would kill for lol

me too! try having anumber over 400xxx and see how you feel about that. Geez. :?
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
This discussion has been closed.