10 CLUB TICKETS,DISSAPOINTMENT

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    jones wrote:
    how about alternating tours between seniority and lotto?

I'd like that for tours where they have 2 stops in a city. example, for the 2 MSG shows, do one show senority, the next complete lottery for all 10C tickets.

that's a great idea. i don't see how anyone could complain about that
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    pfff..really this getting boring...the half of people seems buy tickets cos they have low membershit number..if they didnt have low number i doubt they would buy tix..and im sure some of u just buy tix only to see where 10c will give u seats,for find a reason to start bitching..what the hell u have in mind is a rock concert..???
    let me tell u isnt opera,or a restaurant near the lake..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I was in fow N two nights, and T another night. Still happy as can be for being there. Well worth it. I appreciate the 10C and everything they do...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    JimmyV wrote:
    I always wonder if the seemingly endless parade of complainers represents a majority of 10C members or rather just an incredibly vocal minority. I do hope it is the latter, and if so I would hate to see the system changed in a way that punishes longtime members who aren't constantly griping about being screwed or shafted in some way.

I once was put in the last row of the Blockbuster Entertainment Center in Camden in 2008 with a 164xxx #. That entire show was a mess for fan club tickets. Everyone with a 164 number(and there were like 30 of us that night) couldn't believe it. 1 row from the lawn. That was the biggest mess up I have encountered. We were behind 387xxx people. After the show looking on touringfans we should have been in row 11. It sucked but complaining wasn't going to do anything. We just all had a great time anyway.

That was a mess, row 17 is not.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    I swear all the seat complainers just like to stare at Eddie.... I get front row seats on youtube all the time.
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I still say they should make the 1st 25 rows lottery. That way ALL the elitist fucks, who have their imaginary relationship with Eddie, can realize that they are not entitled to a fucking thing. That way nobody has any fucking idea where they are sitting. I have friends of mine, who would literally foam at the fucking mouth, if they had to sit in the 26th row, or in the first 2 side sections.

I agree with you SPEEDY. How about EVERY ticket being a lottery? Maybe, that Highschool kid who just became a manical fan like us, would get a chance at a good seat.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    cutz wrote:
    I still say they should make the 1st 25 rows lottery. That way ALL the elitist fucks, who have their imaginary relationship with Eddie, can realize that they are not entitled to a fucking thing. That way nobody has any fucking idea where they are sitting. I have friends of mine, who would literally foam at the fucking mouth, if they had to sit in the 26th row, or in the first 2 side sections.

I agree with you SPEEDY. How about EVERY ticket being a lottery? Maybe, that Highschool kid who just became a manical fan like us, would get a chance at a good seat.

yup. my bro just saw his first show near the back row and is completely hooked. he got all excited like "i wanna go with you so i have some decent seats"...my number is 454xxx. poor kid
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    come to europe, get a GA ticket and get as close as you want.
    we get the same assholes up front here to
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pfff..really this getting boring...the half of people seems buy tickets cos they have low membershit number..if they didnt have low number i doubt they would buy tix..and im sure some of u just buy tix only to see where 10c will give u seats,for find a reason to start bitching..what the hell u have in mind is a rock concert..???
    let me tell u isnt opera,or a restaurant near the lake..

:think: :think: :wtf: :clap: :wave:

opera or restaurant? ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JimmyV wrote:
    I always wonder if the seemingly endless parade of complainers represents a majority of 10C members or rather just an incredibly vocal minority. I do hope it is the latter, and if so I would hate to see the system changed in a way that punishes longtime members who aren't constantly griping about being screwed or shafted in some way.

I also hope the complainers are just a vocal minority, but I wonder sometimes.

The entitlement bullshit is tiresome.

Last year in Toronto, I was behind a super tall guy, so I couldn't see much of anything, but I heard everything and it was fan-fuckin-tastic!
  • tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    And if anyone doubts the fact that it isnt ALL about those precious fucking tickets for 90% of the people here, then go look at the review threads, on the Given To Fly Forum. There are a few hundred reviews of all the shows so far. Right? And 90% of those reviews all start out with the person Telling everyone EXACTLY where their seats were.

Because its all about those precious fucking tickets.

If being in the tenclub wasnt ALL about the tickets...most people wouldnt keep paying the what $20 a year to keep up to date. Of course its all about the tickets! Of course people are going to be excited to be in the first sections on the floor...if you have never sat close to the stage...then perhaps you just dont know what the appeal is?! it IS a personal experience...its more intimate when you can see their facial expressions and make eye contact...of course everyone wants that! I go for the MUSIC...but when you get used to sitting up close and getting that intimate setting...that is always what you hope for...because it is not the same experience to sit in the first 10 rows one night...and then the next night be stuck on the lawn or at the back of the pavillion. In any event...I have taken many different people with me to shows over the years...and the look on their face makes the experience even more special...cause they are so happy! So we are not all evil old fucks who bitch...sure we may have gotten spoiled over the years...but hey...its what i live for...PJ is MY religion as Ed said in Columbus...PJ shows are my church :) I am an active member of the church of PJ...and I think PJ knows that part of the reason many of us go to church so often is because they give us great seats...if they took away their system of seniority...they know they would lose money in the long run...its a smart business plan if you ask me. In the meantime...hope for the lottery....or be happy wherever you sit if it doesnt mean much to you anyways....or just befriend a more senior member...

to the original poster...those do seem a little off...especially for columbus...Indy had WAY more tenclubbers...probably those that came from Chicago since they did not get a show this time...but Columbus and Cleveland were great for great seats...personally I prefer to go to the smaller town shows...mid week...far away from the big cities because my seats are best in those places...but even when im further back at those big tenclub shows...its still great...and its to be expected that you will probably be a good 10-20 rows behind where you would be at Columbus in a city like Chicago, Seattle or anywhere in the NE for that matter.

Anyways...I had a fuckin blast at the past 3 shows...incredible! The memories will get me by until the next tour....whenever that may be!

Be sound
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
    tremorvoid wrote:
    And if anyone doubts the fact that it isnt ALL about those precious fucking tickets for 90% of the people here, then go look at the review threads, on the Given To Fly Forum. There are a few hundred reviews of all the shows so far. Right? And 90% of those reviews all start out with the person Telling everyone EXACTLY where their seats were.

Because its all about those precious fucking tickets.

If being in the tenclub wasnt ALL about the tickets...most people wouldnt keep paying the what $20 a year to keep up to date. Of course its all about the tickets! Of course people are going to be excited to be in the first sections on the floor...if you have never sat close to the stage...then perhaps you just dont know what the appeal is?! it IS a personal experience...its more intimate when you can see their facial expressions and make eye contact...of course everyone wants that! I go for the MUSIC...but when you get used to sitting up close and getting that intimate setting...that is always what you hope for...because it is not the same experience to sit in the first 10 rows one night...and then the next night be stuck on the lawn or at the back of the pavillion. In any event...I have taken many different people with me to shows over the years...and the look on their face makes the experience even more special...cause they are so happy! So we are not all evil old fucks who bitch...sure we may have gotten spoiled over the years...but hey...its what i live for...PJ is MY religion as Ed said in Columbus...PJ shows are my church :) I am an active member of the church of PJ...and I think PJ knows that part of the reason many of us go to church so often is because they give us great seats...if they took away their system of seniority...they know they would lose money in the long run...its a smart business plan if you ask me. In the meantime...hope for the lottery....or be happy wherever you sit if it doesnt mean much to you anyways....or just befriend a more senior member...

to the original poster...those do seem a little off...especially for columbus...Indy had WAY more tenclubbers...probably those that came from Chicago since they did not get a show this time...but Columbus and Cleveland were great for great seats...personally I prefer to go to the smaller town shows...mid week...far away from the big cities because my seats are best in those places...but even when im further back at those big tenclub shows...its still great...and its to be expected that you will probably be a good 10-20 rows behind where you would be at Columbus in a city like Chicago, Seattle or anywhere in the NE for that matter.

Anyways...I had a fuckin blast at the past 3 shows...incredible! The memories will get me by until the next tour....whenever that may be!

Be sound
    when u believe in a religion and u want to go to church,u dont go for the seats..,but cos u believe in your God..
    maybe in Europe we have GA cos we still believe in God and not in Church-seating chart..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • My ten club number is 201xxx. The closest I've ever been is 17 rows back back in 2003. Instead of my tickets getting better every tour, they are getting worse. What's funny is that on touringfans I had the suckiest seats out of everyone. There were people with numbers 450+ that had better seats than I did. I don't know if the 10C hates me or if they just have my account screwed up. We were in section D Row O. We stayed there for half the show but since I couldn't see anything (and I mean all I saw was peoples backs for the first half), we headed out to the lawn with my Mom and my brother. It was beyond a disappointment because my 11 year old daughter was with me and it was her first concert. The concert was amazing though and we saw them on the jumbo-tron out in the lawn but I feel that I flushed my ten club tix money down the toilet. I want to write to them about it and see if there is something wrong because if this is based on seniority, then I was totally screwed. Call me a whiner all you want but I know that most of you who rip on people for being sad about their tickets have been up front at least once. I'd pass out if I made it in a front section at this point.
    It's an art to live with pain.. mix the light into gray.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I am just sick and fucking tired of people here, whining and fucking complaining about their fucking 10club seats. I have said it for years, some people on this board are so full of shit, it is coming out of their fucking ears. Its all about the music? BULLSHIT! I dont care where I sit? BULLSHIT! I am happy to be on the building? BULLSHIT!

Its all about those precious fucking 10club tickets, and making sure you can get as close to the stage as possible. That way, you can all carry on, with your imaginary relationship with Eddie Vedder.

U mean eddies not my friend????????? :D
  • AM61733 wrote:
    I don't know if the 10C hates me or if they just have my account screwed up.

i doubt they hate anyone, but i was pissed because my msg 08 seats were at the back of the floor while younger members had better seats on the side. i used a not-so-nice word to describe them because they basically ignored my emails. when i picked up my tickets in hartford a few nights later, i got a sarcastic wave from a 10c employee. i was wrong and i'm way over it. and that was the only time that i ever had a real complaint about my seats...before or since.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,801
    AM61733 wrote:
    My ten club number is 201xxx. The closest I've ever been is 17 rows back back in 2003. Instead of my tickets getting better every tour, they are getting worse. What's funny is that on touringfans I had the suckiest seats out of everyone. There were people with numbers 450+ that had better seats than I did. I don't know if the 10C hates me or if they just have my account screwed up. We were in section D Row O. We stayed there for half the show but since I couldn't see anything (and I mean all I saw was peoples backs for the first half), we headed out to the lawn with my Mom and my brother. It was beyond a disappointment because my 11 year old daughter was with me and it was her first concert. The concert was amazing though and we saw them on the jumbo-tron out in the lawn but I feel that I flushed my ten club tix money down the toilet. I want to write to them about it and see if there is something wrong because if this is based on seniority, then I was totally screwed. Call me a whiner all you want but I know that most of you who rip on people for being sad about their tickets have been up front at least once. I'd pass out if I made it in a front section at this point.
    Actually, your member number is 430XXX...you let it lapse for two years.
    slh
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    AM61733 wrote:
    My ten club number is 201xxx. The closest I've ever been is 17 rows back back in 2003. Instead of my tickets getting better every tour, they are getting worse. What's funny is that on touringfans I had the suckiest seats out of everyone. There were people with numbers 450+ that had better seats than I did. I don't know if the 10C hates me or if they just have my account screwed up. We were in section D Row O. We stayed there for half the show but since I couldn't see anything (and I mean all I saw was peoples backs for the first half), we headed out to the lawn with my Mom and my brother. It was beyond a disappointment because my 11 year old daughter was with me and it was her first concert. The concert was amazing though and we saw them on the jumbo-tron out in the lawn but I feel that I flushed my ten club tix money down the toilet. I want to write to them about it and see if there is something wrong because if this is based on seniority, then I was totally screwed. Call me a whiner all you want but I know that most of you who rip on people for being sad about their tickets have been up front at least once. I'd pass out if I made it in a front section at this point.
    slh

:lol::lol:

i never get tired of that

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    slh

Served. :lol:

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    D'oh!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    norm wrote:
    AM61733 wrote:
    slh

i never get tired of that

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    slh
    Oh snap!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    too funny! :lol:
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    That way, you can all carry on, with your imaginary relationship with Eddie Vedder.

too many commas..........but damn funny! :lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    AM61733 wrote:
    slh
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

See, the 10c does listen to us. They are willing to read through all this whinnying and bullsh*t.
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    slh
    :shock: even funnier :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    :lol:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    AM61733 wrote:

slh

Ah... THAT'S why now he's bitching. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    AM61733 wrote:
    slh

OWNED!!!
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Does Santos L Halper work for the fan club?
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Does Santos L Halper work for the fan club?

Yup. Anything he says is accurate.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
This discussion has been closed.