Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Wobbie said:
    gonna be interesting to see who picks up who from the angels. I gotta think all the teams fighting for the 2nd and 3rd wild cards will be players.
    Yup - will be interesting for sure.

AL West is going to be insane for the last month! Just grabbed tickets for a couple of the home games v. NYY this weekend. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,443
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    gonna be interesting to see who picks up who from the angels. I gotta think all the teams fighting for the 2nd and 3rd wild cards will be players.

AL West is going to be insane for the last month! Just grabbed tickets for a couple of the home games v. NYY this weekend. 
    Well, those are wins, lol.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

You never know, but I'm hoping for another strong sweep!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

Not if Mike hits 11 HRs this weekend.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,443
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

lol, We are on that again?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

It's still August. Mighty Mike's Monster Month.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    I guess the Indians will just claim everybody.  Didnt see that coming
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,673
    MayDay10 said:
    I guess the Indians will just claim everybody.  Didnt see that coming
    nor did I. they did nothing at the trade deadline when they were a game out.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,558
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

He has an obsession 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

He has an obsession 
    Not anymore. It's September.
    How close did Mike come to rescuing the Yanks' season in August?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

He has an obsession 
    A little better than Judge. I don't recall anyone saying he was going to rescue the season. I just said it was possible for a guy like him to hit 20 hr in a month. Not that it was a definite or a guarantee. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

He has an obsession 
    A little better than Judge. I don't recall anyone saying he was going to rescue the season. I just said it was possible for a guy like him to hit 20 hr in a month. Not that it was a definite or a guarantee. 
    You said:

If he hits 15-20 hrs this month. That's all they need

So the implication was if he hit those HRs the Yanks would be in the playoff hunt.

He hit 6. Yanks are in last place.

As for "possible to hit 20HR in a month", the most he has hit in a month with the Yanks is 10 in Sept 2021. So, 20 is pretty much not possible.

The book is closed on Mighty Mike's Monster Month as well as the Yankees' 2023 season. Time to start seeing if Daniel Jones can throw 20 TD passes in a month.

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,759
    6 homers is actually pretty good - works out to 36 for the season. I hope everyone keeps talking about this.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    :lol:  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

He has an obsession 
    You said:

If he hits 15-20 hrs this month. That's all they need

So the implication was if he hit those HRs the Yanks would be in the playoff hunt.

He hit 6. Yanks are in last place.

As for "possible to hit 20HR in a month", the most he has hit in a month with the Yanks is 10 in Sept 2021. So, 20 is pretty much not possible.

The book is closed on Mighty Mike's Monster Month as well as the Yankees' 2023 season. Time to start seeing if Daniel Jones can throw 20 TD passes in a month.

Again. Where does it say that I said he will do it? My theory of if he had hit those 20 was not wrong per se. He just didn't do it. Every time I post something you people take it to the nth degree. Becomes bullying at a certain point 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Bullying?
    It's good natured ribbing of a fan of a rival team. That's all.
    It went on for a month because the premise was that it was possible for Mike to hit 20 HRs in said month.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    :lol:

Braves look a amazing. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Bullying?
    It's good natured ribbing of a fan of a rival team. That's all.
    It went on for a month because the premise was that it was possible for Mike to hit 20 HRs in said month.

Not just that. All of the years. Not just you. Ribbing is one thing. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,673
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

He has an obsession 
    pot? hello, this is kettle.

obsession, says mr. eli and donnie.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:

He has an obsession 
    pot? hello, this is kettle.

obsession, says mr. eli and donnie.
    More Donnie than Eli. I like Eli. And think he's underrated. Not that I have an obsession.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,333
    tbergs said:
    Royce Lewis grand slam in back to back games. That kid is good if he can stay healthy, but he's  got some Buxton health luck.
    Lewis hits his 3rd slam in 8 games. Twins pound the Indians.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Sweep over the Rangers was fucking awesome!!! Lineup is finally all healthy and doing some damage. Love it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Let's Go Os!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,759
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Let's Go Os!
    I'll root them on until they play the Phillies in the World Series. :)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    Man it's crazy how good the Braves have been. I very much look forward to them shitting the bed in October.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Let's Go Os!
    I'll root them on until they play the Phillies in the World Series. :)

I would love to see a rematch from the '83 World Series or even a rematch of the '93 World Series. With a different outcome of course :wink:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Trea Turner remembers how to hit.  Julio will become a member of the 30/30 club soon.  Where is Ohtani?  Halos winning without him.  Josh Jung still ROY or has his injury set up Gunnar for the award?

Please be a Braves/Orioles World Series.  PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

Please be a Braves/Orioles World Series.  PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!
    This would be optimal, yes!  I'd prefer my Cubbies sneak in if we don't choke away the next 3 weeks.  But I'm not gonna pretend like I don't know my team when it comes to Postseason baseball. :lol:
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    So the internet is good for something. Today I found out Pete Crow Armstrong's mom is the mom in Little Big League. She was made for this.
  • Options
    Olson has 50 damn homers.  Alonso another 40.  Jrod did his 30/30. Trea Turner remembered how to hit.