Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Let's chat Free Agency..  Trea Turner and Rizzo stay.

Buehler is out for the year so do they pick up another pitcher?

Angels need a whole lot of help.  If that team is healthy they can hit.  Pitching?  well now...  It's time to bring some of them drafted on up.  They also need to be better or Ohtani will be bolting.
    Bogarts to the Phillies hopefully. Maybe Turner if they can't get Bogarts. 

My guess if Turner leaves the LAD he'll be a Philly. He can leadoff for them too. 

Bogaerts doesn't get resigned Boston fans are gonna lose it. But, they also NEED to sign Devers long-term. Should be interesting what the Sox do overall this Winter. 
    Turner's wife is best friends with Harper's wife.  Good chance Turner ends up in Philly unless someone blows him away with money.
    This is always my favorite narrative. So and so is friends with so and so. Every free agent is going where they get paid the most, period 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited November 2022
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

Angels need a whole lot of help.  If that team is healthy they can hit.  Pitching?  well now...  It's time to bring some of them drafted on up.  They also need to be better or Ohtani will be bolting.

My guess if Turner leaves the LAD he'll be a Philly. He can leadoff for them too. 

Bogaerts doesn't get resigned Boston fans are gonna lose it. But, they also NEED to sign Devers long-term. Should be interesting what the Sox do overall this Winter. 
    Turner's wife is best friends with Harper's wife.  Good chance Turner ends up in Philly unless someone blows him away with money.
    This is always my favorite narrative. So and so is friends with so and so. Every free agent is going where they get paid the most, period 

How’d that work out?

I believe when it all came out, they offered him the most money…go figure. Edit: This may not be true but I thought I read something a while
    back about all the offers. Can’t find it now.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

Good chance Turner ends up in Philly 
    Very well may and if he does it’s because they paid him the most 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Andy Pettitte should be in. Over 100 games above .500. Good post season numbers with 5 World Series rings.
    His 3.85 career ERA works against him. only 2 guys in HOF higher.
    He's essentially Jack Morris (one of the aforementioned 2 at 3.90), but with the stank of steroids on him. If he was never associated with PEDs (or maybe I should say if his dad was never associated, lol), he'd have gotten in barely. 
    It was HGH
    Oh, so I guess Saint Andy should be in the HOF then. Only HGH, no advantage there.
    Well according to him it was just to recover from injury. Most who take steroids do it before they're injured. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Andy Pettitte should be in. Over 100 games above .500. Good post season numbers with 5 World Series rings.
    His 3.85 career ERA works against him. only 2 guys in HOF higher.
    He's essentially Jack Morris (one of the aforementioned 2 at 3.90), but with the stank of steroids on him. If he was never associated with PEDs (or maybe I should say if his dad was never associated, lol), he'd have gotten in barely. 
    It was HGH
    Oh, so I guess Saint Andy should be in the HOF then. Only HGH, no advantage there.
    Well according to him it was just to recover from injury. Most who take steroids do it before they're injured. 
    that’s what “nice guy” (he really is) matt williams said. he also said he didn’t like them, yet he ordered $18,000 more.

matt williams did steroids????? yes, he did….but his “nice guy” status shielded him from much scrutiny.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I think it is more that nobody cares about Matt Williams
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    edited November 2022
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

Harper reportedly took less aav to sign with Phils. Giants and Dodgers offered more per year but less years. 

and Jayson Stark said today that rumblings are Trea Turner wants to be in Philly.  He’s gonna be here 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

How’d that work out?

I believe when it all came out, they offered him the most money…go figure. Edit: This may not be true but I thought I read something a while
    It worked out pretty well. Lots of reports about Turner to the Phils, Cliff...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

How’d that work out?

Worked out well for Lee? I can’t think of more tangible evidence of “Oops, I picked the wrong team” than the 2009 World Series. And he pitched so great in that series. If he went to the Yankees, they probably sweep the series. Maybe in three games….somehow. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

How’d that work out?

Cool…congrats on the reports? And if he does it’s because they paid him they most.

The conversation started because dude said someone is friends with someone, and that shit is hilarious. Money talks, that’s it
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

Harper reportedly took less aav to sign with Phils. Giants and Dodgers offered more per year but less years. 

and Jayson Stark said today that rumblings are Trea Turner wants to be in Philly.  He’s gonna be here 
    Okay so he took the most money...
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

no he didn't. he took more years. He would have made more money taking a shorter deal from the Dodgers or Giants then getting paid with a 2nd contract. But who gives a shit at this point.  Turner is a lean to the Phils.  I would think a Yankees fan who went to a Phils World Series game might be excited at that prospect. 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

I hope you guys get him. As a Giants fan, I don’t even want the ex-d**ger homophobe. he’s definitely talented, tho.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

no he didn't. he took more years. He would have made more money taking a shorter deal from the Dodgers or Giants than getting paid with a 2nd contract. But who gives a shit at this point.  Turner is a lean to the Phils.  I would think a Yankees fan who went to a Phils World Series game might be excited at that prospect. Maybe he even signs before the USMNT flames out in the World Cup.
    Except he did take the most guaranteed money. 

I’m not hating on the prospect of him going to the Phillies at all. I think they need pitching more, but it’d be great if he does. All I’m saying is that money talks and being friends with someone is borderline irrelevant. We can move on.

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

How’d that work out?

Cool…congrats on the reports? And if he does it’s because they paid him they most.

The conversation started because dude said someone is friends with someone, and that shit is hilarious. Money talks, that’s it
    Cliff Lee took less money to play for the Phils instead of the Yankees. That is my point. God speed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
  • Options
    Phillies would be a great fit for Trea.
    Why leave a stacked Dodgers team though?  They have a farm system to plug the holes needed, they just had a shitty Post Season.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Why leave a stacked Dodgers team though?  They have a farm system to plug the holes needed, they just had a shitty Post Season.
    To go to a stacked Phillies team, closer to his home, and to play with one of his best friends.....and, yeah, Cliff, for lots and lots of money! lol

GO PHILS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,481
    They will get gobs of money somewhere. Then it's just a matter of their preference. That's what Marvin Miller fought for back in the day.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    To go to a stacked Phillies team, closer to his home, and to play with one of his best friends.....and, yeah, Cliff, for lots and lots of money! lol

GO PHILS!
    87 wins vs 111 wins is stacked?  How so?  Yes they went to the WS but the Dodgers look like the better team.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

GO PHILS!
    87 wins vs 111 wins is stacked?  How so?  Yes they went to the WS but the Dodgers look like the better team.
    lol

95 win pace team after they fired Girardi. NL Champs. Loading up this off season. 

I know it has been a while, but you folks need to get used to the annoying Phillie fan again. Buckle up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

GO PHILS!
    20 games over .500 post-Girardi, though.
  • Options

GO PHILS!
    lol

95 win pace team after they fired Girardi. NL Champs. Loading up this off season. 

I know it has been a while, but you folks need to get used to the annoying Phillie fan again. Buckle up. 
    They are trending the right way.  Weird that they did a 180 AFTER Girardi left.

I still think the Dodgers are the team.  Phillies have a 3 year window or so.  Enjoy the ride Juggs.
  • Options
    Joe Girardi sucks. He refused to give a lot of the younger guys who really helped them in the 2nd half of the season, and in the playoffs, much of a shot. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    That's a fair question. Maybe he just doesn't like it there? Issue with Roberts or teammates? Who knows? 

He's a helluva player, though. Who ever gets him (or retains him) gets an immediate boost.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    He wants to be on the east coast, his wife is from this area and despite what Cliffy thinks he and his wife are good friends with Harper which does in fact matter.
  • Options
    Joe Girardi sucks. He refused to give a lot of the younger guys who really helped them in the 2nd half of the season, and in the playoffs, much of a shot. 
    That's been his MO in coaching now.  Same thing w the Yankees.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    He wants to be on the east coast, his wife is from this area and despite what Cliffy thinks he and his wife are good friends with Harper which does in fact matter.
    That would mean that Judge will be West Coast bound then!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110

Because Wikipedia is the most reliable source lol. Free agents can't sign with other teams until 5pm ET today. He may very well sign with them this evening, but right now it's just a fan speculating on what he'll do.