Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Y'all check out Mike Trouts numbers after his slump.  7HR in 8 games.  He is back!!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Alvarez is an absolute beast. 2 HR's in his first 2 AB's today.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ohtani, 2 HR and 8rbis and they still lost?  Damn...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    Looks like they had an actual fight today....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    A proper brawl
  • Options
    A proper brawl
    The sunflower seeds toss was epic!
  • Options
    There needs to be a new rule in baseball.  If you throw at a batter and he ends his season then that pitcher and team need to be fined and that pitcher is removed until that batter returns.  Possibly not even replace him on the roster.

This response comes after Bryce Harper being hit and his thumb being operated on…
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    There needs to be a new rule in baseball.  If you throw at a batter and he ends his season then that pitcher and team need to be fined and that pitcher is removed until that batter returns.  Possibly not even replace him on the roster.

This response comes after Bryce Harper being hit and his thumb being operated on…

Snell didn't "throw at" Harper. They're buds. Snell said something to the effect of "I didn't mean to" and Harper replied "I know."
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    now, hunter strickland threw at Harper :shitty_new-LOL_emoji:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Snell didn't "throw at" Harper. They're buds. Snell said something to the effect of "I didn't mean to" and Harper replied "I know."
    A pitcher has one job.  Get it over the plate.  Not at someone's chin, not at their elbows.  Over the damn plate.

I still stand by my rule even more now.
  • Options
    Anybody see the interview where Judge says he's the best player on the team?

That isn't like him at all.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NYYankees/comments/vlfm0m/judge_when_youre_the_best_player_on_the_team_how/
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    Wobbie said:

A pitcher has one job.  Get it over the plate.  Not at someone's chin, not at their elbows.  Over the damn plate.

As a Phillies fan it sucks that Harper is out but your rule idea is pretty idiotic.  

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

As a Phillies fan it sucks that Harper is out but your rule idea is pretty idiotic.  

The NFL made rule changes to protect the QB, the most important player on the field and the highest paid. Idiotic I guess?

The NBA changed the way fouls are called to make sure injuries don't happen as often because of a hard foul by other players.  Idiotic?

Hockey changed checking and blind siding a player so their stars can stay on the ice.  Idiotic too I guess?

If I lose my 200 or 300 million dollar investment because the pitcher throws "heat" and can't find the plate but finds my high paid player and I lose him then yeah, that's idiotic too.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

The NFL made rule changes to protect the QB, the most important player on the field and the highest paid. Idiotic I guess?

The NBA changed the way fouls are called to make sure injuries don't happen as often because of a hard foul by other players.  Idiotic?

Hockey changed checking and blind siding a player so their stars can stay on the ice.  Idiotic too I guess?

If I lose my 200 or 300 million dollar investment because the pitcher throws "heat" and can't find the plate but finds my high paid player and I lose him then yeah, that's idiotic too.
    None of those rules above protect players from accidents.   if a player falls into the QB or his arm hits the QB's arm they aren't suspended.   Sure if pitcher intentionally throws at the player suspend him but not just a ball that gets away.  
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

A pitcher's one job is not to get it over the plate, it's to get people out and sometimes throwing inside is part of that, especially to Harper.  There was no intent with that one. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

A pitcher's one job is not to get it over the plate, it's to get people out and sometimes throwing inside is part of that, especially to Harper.  There was no intent with that one. 
    Are you going to tell me what the batter does too? 

Intent or not, Harper isn't playing.  If you don't have the ability to pitch inside without hitting the batter don't do it.

I was all for inside pitching but it's just not a big part of the game anymore.  The game has evolved.  
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

None of those rules above protect players from accidents.   if a player falls into the QB or his arm hits the QB's arm they aren't suspended.   Sure if pitcher intentionally throws at the player suspend him but not just a ball that gets away.  
    I thought the pitcher threw inside to harper?  Isn't that what happened and it "got away" from him?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Intent or not, Harper isn't playing.  If you don't have the ability to pitch inside without hitting the batter don't do it.

I was all for inside pitching but it's just not a big part of the game anymore.  The game has evolved.  
    "A pitcher has one job.  Get it over the plate."
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Oh for fucks sake I said "WAS".  

If that's how you want to try and win an argument, you suck at this...

Can you tell me about batting now and how it's not just about keeping the ball in play?  Please?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

I thought the pitcher threw inside to harper?  Isn't that what happened and it "got away" from him?
    yes, what's your point?  other leagues don't suspend guys for accidents where a player gets hurt. But you want a pitcher to be?  time to stop before you bury yourself deeper
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Can you tell me about batting now and how it's not just about keeping the ball in play?  Please?
    I don't understand what you're getting worked up about. You said a pitcher has one job and I disagreed with what that one job was.

Harper also texted Snell telling him to keep pitching inside.
  • Options
    Anybody see the interview where Judge says he's the best player on the team?

That isn't like him at all.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NYYankees/comments/vlfm0m/judge_when_youre_the_best_player_on_the_team_how/
    Well he is the best player on the team.  He also clarified that he meant to say "best team on the planet" and messed up, but a big old shrug.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

yes, what's your point?  other leagues don't suspend guys for accidents where a player gets hurt. But you want a pitcher to be?  time to stop before you bury yourself deeper
    Pitching inside is not an accident...  He meant to throw inside... And yes, I want a player to be punished for "accidentally" hurting another.

The days of Maddux painting corners are gone.  It's all gas ball now.

It's time for the game to evolve too and not have players get hurt from a pitchers bad job.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I don't understand what you're getting worked up about. You said a pitcher has one job and I disagreed with what that one job was.

Harper also texted Snell telling him to keep pitching inside.
    Cliffy, if you took that as all a pitcher had to do then I am sorry... I'll make sure to write a full report next time.

If you pitch inside and you hurt the other player then penalize them. 

I also want spidertack and a 12" mound back.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

Pitching inside is not an accident...  He meant to throw inside... And yes, I want a player to be punished for "accidentally" hurting another.

It's time for the game to evolve too and not have players get hurt from a pitchers bad job.
    since a batter's job is to hit the ball into the playing field should he also get suspended if he fouls it off into the catcher who gets hurt?  you know it's a accident but really he has one job which is to put the ball in play.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

since a batter's job is to hit the ball into the playing field should he also get suspended if he fouls it off into the catcher who gets hurt?  you know it's a accident but really he has one job which is to put the ball in play.
    Apples and oranges.  If you can't see the difference then we are done here.

• Options
    In other news Freddie Freeman shouldn't have left Atlanta and the Halos have become the Tiger Woods of baseball.  Even when they lose the mention of what Trout and Ohtani do gets more headlines than what the other team may have done.

I'll tell you it's getting frustrating being a Halos fan...
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,510
    In other news Freddie Freeman shouldn't have left Atlanta and the Halos have become the Tiger Woods of baseball.  Even when they lose the mention of what Trout and Ohtani do gets more headlines than what the other team may have done.

I'll tell you it's getting frustrating being a Halos fan...
    Try being an A's fan.