MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Pretty impressive showing from Sandoval last night.

Enjoyed this.

http://deadspin.com/5954710/the-hilario ... -have-been
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Correct me if 'm wrong...going off the top of my head

2010 ws starters 2012 ws starters

cf- torres pagan
    lf- burrell blanco
    rf- ross pence
    1b-huff belt
    2b-sanchez scutaro
    3b- uribe sandoval
    c-posey POSEY
    ss- renteria crawford

Sandoval didnt play much in 2010 postseason if I remember correctly.....WOW only 1 guy is the same only 2 years removed :thumbup: Impressive also considering you lost your closer.

Giants have that IT factor......Posey even though he isnt hitting like hes capable of, he's gotta get alot of that credit. If he didnt get hurt last year they woulda made a run imo

Good stuff
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    CROJAM95 wrote:

cf- torres pagan
    lf- burrell blanco
    rf- ross pence
    1b-huff belt
    2b-sanchez scutaro
    3b- uribe sandoval
    c-posey POSEY
    ss- renteria crawford

Sandoval didnt play much in 2010 postseason if I remember correctly.....WOW only 1 guy is the same only 2 years removed :thumbup: Impressive also considering you lost your closer.

Giants have that IT factor......Posey even though he isnt hitting like hes capable of, he's gotta get alot of that credit. If he didnt get hurt last year they woulda made a run imo

Good stuff

you are correct. actually the 2010 outfield was usually some combo of ross, torres, burrell and/or shierholtz.

an un-named ESPN radio guy was going on and on yesterday about how verlander was koufax :roll:

a) he's damn good (usually), but he's NOT koufax

b) the yankees couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    imalive wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

cf- torres pagan
    lf- burrell blanco
    rf- ross pence
    1b-huff belt
    2b-sanchez scutaro
    3b- uribe sandoval
    c-posey POSEY
    ss- renteria crawford

Good stuff

you are correct. actually the 2010 outfield was usually some combo of ross, torres, burrell and/or shierholtz.

an un-named ESPN radio guy was going on and on yesterday about how verlander was koufax :roll:

a) he's damn good (usually), but he's NOT koufax

b) the yankees couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. ;)

Be careful Rob...you guys keep winning you will be hated like us ;)

I have a theory on the Cubs.....I think the whole losing thing is good for business, and increases profitability. We dont want the lovable, losing Cubs and their fans turning into douches :lol:

All kidding aside....these 2 Giants Runs have been fun to watch. I like alot of their players over the years...and that Ballpark is just nuts

I actually bought a Giants Championship hoody from Zach in the team store the day after they won in 2010. Was in town for Bridge School and stayed a little later.

I was actually by McCovey Cove that day taking in all the sights and sounds when a hippie approached me for a smoke...I gave it to him. He noticed my slight NY accent and proceeded to tell me he is a weed dist. and to see if I was interested in accepting packages in NY to start a business :mrgreen: Only in SF...he was dead serious as he anticipated it being legal in NY shortly after California passes its legislation (which failed a week later) This guy was from a different planet...didnt even offer me a taste test :D

Thats my lil sf story

love that city
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Be careful Rob...you guys keep winning you will be hated like us ;)

I have a theory on the Cubs.....I think the whole losing thing is good for business, and increases profitability. We dont want the lovable, losing Cubs and their fans turning into douches :lol:

a) I just hope that if we win another, we don't get all entitled like the red sox fans did

b) cub fans are already douches. I hope that team never wins shit :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Fat guys don't have to be fast if they hit it out...Ask Sandoval. ;)

I can't wait until there's a shallow fly to LF and cabrera and delmon young's fat asses go rumbling after the ball like a herd of elephants.
    The Fixer wrote:
    that's at least a double when young is in LF
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I stand corrected. You don't sound bitter at all.
    Maybe slightly douchey. But that's totally different. ;)

I'd rather sound like a douche than a whiny little bitch
  • Marco Scutaro's bat is on fire this post season: 7 swings in Game 1, missed none. He's now taken 89 swings this postseason and only missed twice. :o
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    love the tigers tonight :o:mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    Barry Zito 2/6 2 RBI's in the 2012 playoffs.

ARod 3/25 0 RBI's in the 2012 playoffs.

That could be the best stat I've seen all season.

I did the research all myself too. :mrgreen: Anything to embarrass that jerkoff ARod. I kind of don't like him much. :lol:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Barry Zito 2/6 2 RBI's in the 2012 playoffs.

ARod 3/25 0 RBI's in the 2012 playoffs.

That could be the best stat I've seen all season.

I did the research all myself too. :mrgreen: Anything to embarrass that jerkoff ARod. I kind of don't like him much. :lol:

I didn't really care much about him either way, until the ball slapping incident. Now I agree he's a jerkoff.

a-rod-slap.jpg?t=1351205185
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"

I didn't really care much about him either way, until the ball slapping incident. Now I agree he's a jerkoff.

a-rod-slap.jpg?t=1351205185

Funny. I remembered the hat and purse but I forgot about the high heel spikes.
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Where were you when Pablo Sandoval hit three Home Runs in Game 1 of the World series?!?! muhaha
    Still in San Francisco...and loving it :
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... tons of venezuelans in the WS ...

scutaro is doing everything this post season ... just threw out fielder at home ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    memo to gene lamont:

prince fielder is 637 lbs...what makes you think he can score from first on anything but a home run? ever?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:

scutaro is doing everything this post season ... just threw out fielder at home ...

I have no idea what that 3rd base coach was thinking...just terrible. The 3rd base coach has to have it in his head "we need the lead"...obviously not...did he not see who the base runner was.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,748
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I have no idea what that 3rd base coach was thinking...just terrible. The 3rd base coach has to have it in his head "we need the lead"...obviously not...did he not see who the base runner was.

Yea, you're right. I don't get it either.

3rd base coach should've only sent Fielder if he was going to make it STANDING UP. Ther was NO OUTS.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    thing is ... it was close ... if fielder was a bit more athletic ... he could have avoided posey's tag as he wants nothing to do with a collision ... took a perfect relay from scutaro ...

also - next guy popped up and the following guy struck out ... obviously it may have been different with 2/3 no out but not guaranteed to score ...
    cutz wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Yea, you're right. I don't get it either.

3rd base coach should've only sent Fielder if he was going to make it STANDING UP. Ther was NO OUTS.

I've maintained that if Detroit wins the WS it'll be in spite of the coaching...that coaching staff just has me shaking my head many days... :lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,748
    polaris_x wrote:
    thing is ... it was close ... if fielder was a bit more athletic ... he could have avoided posey's tag as he wants nothing to do with a collision ... took a perfect relay from scutaro ...

also - next guy popped up and the following guy struck out ... obviously it may have been different with 2/3 no out but not guaranteed to score ...

And that's just it: it can't be CLOSE in that siuation. It was a bad decision by the 3rd base coach, even if Fielder is safe. IMO
    cutz wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

And that's just it: it can't be CLOSE in that siuation. It was a bad decision by the 3rd base coach, even if Fielder is safe. IMO

That inning might come back and haunt them...send the runner if its Jackson...but not Fielder.

• Taco Bell will give out free Doritos Locos Tacos between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 30 for Angel Pagan's stolen base tonight in game 2.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    norm wrote:
    memo to gene lamont:

prince fielder is 637 lbs...what makes you think he can score from first on anything but a home run? ever?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:
    memo to gene lamont:

what do u mean..he came around 3rd doing 1.7 mph :? :?

u know zippo norm :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Taco Bell will give out free Doritos Locos Tacos between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 30 for Angel Pagan's stolen base tonight in game 2.

Excellent! My birthday!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    norm wrote:
    memo to gene lamont:

half the tigers position players are 637 lbs.
    Needless to say the Tigers are in trouble.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Needless to say the Tigers are in trouble.

I would agree with this...the yankees can have their bats back now... :D

• Good job Giants 2 more
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    At least hoping the series gets back to San Fran.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    At least hoping the series gets back to San Fran.

The Tigers were very good at home this year...and the pitchers for games 3 and 4 (Sanchez and Sherzer) are good pitchers...the series isn't over yet.