MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    norm wrote:

wow, that would be insane

baseball is the best. I love these crazy rumors
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :shock: Cleaning House!!! Becket under Mattingly :? :| cant imagine that will work well.
    hopefully the gonzalez thing fall thru. Philly has a 1B that they will give the LAD

I'd trade howard for orel hershiser
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Fixer wrote:

but would you trade him for the big 10 ;)
    norm wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

but would you trade him for the big 10 ;)

haha

I would. at least I'd get OSU and urban meyer
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    Maybe I just don't know enough about MLB. But will somebody explain to me why there's a trade deadline if teams are still able to trade after it?

And frankly, I'm hope this trade goes through. With the Phillies way out of it, I'd like to see the Dodgers win it all. Poor Donnie Baseball has waited long enough.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

wow, that would be insane

baseball is the best. I love these crazy rumors

so who would Boston get in return?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Maybe I just don't know enough about MLB. But will somebody explain to me why there's a trade deadline if teams are still able to trade after it?

And frankly, I'm hope this trade goes through. With the Phillies way out of it, I'd like to see the Dodgers win it all. Poor Donnie Baseball has waited long enough.

AMEN!

there is a non-waiver trade deadline and another deadline for waiver based trades (I believe it's 8/31). The waiver rules are extremely confusing, but I do know that there is quite a bit of strategy as teams can put in waiver claims to block their competition from acquiring certain players. The waiver order is based on reverse standings, so it's tougher for teams doing well to acquire the best available players.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2012/8/2/32 ... r-deadline

After seeing the marlins show on showtime I do not want hanley ramirez to win anything.
    shit is getting real

rumored players to go to bos - De La Rosa, Loney, De Jesus, Sands plus another top prospect.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    This is absolutely bananas. Now I get Beckett and Crawford, but Gonzalez? Sure his power is down, but he had some really good numbers last year and is not having a terrible year.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This is absolutely bananas. Now I get Beckett and Crawford, but Gonzalez? Sure his power is down, but he had some really good numbers last year and is not having a terrible year.

salary dump

Gonzalez, Beckett & Crawford have about $275M left on their deals - $261M after '12.
    norm wrote:
    shit is getting real

rumored players to go to bos - De La Rosa, Loney, De Jesus, Sands plus another top prospect.

gotta be zach lee
    This is pretty big support for Valentine from the Red Sox, right?
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:
    shit is getting real

gotta be zach lee

i hope not
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

salary dump

Gonzalez, Beckett & Crawford have about $275M left on their deals - $261M after '12.

Like I said, I get the Beckett and Crawford dumps, but I still don't get Gonzalez. He is by far the most likely to live up to that money.
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

salary dump

I'm guessing the sox are forcing LA to take crawford if gonzalez is included. otherwise why would LA want crawford????/
    dodgers desparetly need a 1st baseman...we'll take crawford/beckett just to get agon

besides de la rosa, we're not giving up much but taking on a lot of $$$ but we've got that covered with the upcoming tv deal
    Red Sox will be in the clear with money but nothing all that impressive this year.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compe ... age_id=177

I pray they sign Hamilton....Pray.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Red Sox will be in the clear with money but nothing all that impressive this year.

still have lackey too

like you mentioned, best part of this is that they are keeping valentine. did you see his reaction when a reporter told him that wells' HR should have been reviewed?? classic.

he's the perfect manager for a team that you hate. I wish the mets still had him
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i don't want hamilton...he's an amazing hitter but i don't know how many years he has left for the money he wants...so yeah, have at him bosox! :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

still have lackey too

like you mentioned, best part of this is that they are keeping valentine. did you see his reaction when a reporter told him that wells' HR should have been reviewed?? classic.

he's the perfect manager for a team that you hate. I wish the mets still had him

Yeah, his contract is bad but they will have a lot of space. They are certainly going to make some big time signings, but I just don't know if they can get a better value than Gonzalez with the way signings have gone over the past couple years. They are going to have so much money though.

I would say this has to be a huge vote of confidence for him.
    James Loney scratched from #Dodgers lineup. agon has been scratched however
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i don't want hamilton...he's an amazing hitter but i don't know how many years he has left for the money he wants...so yeah, have at him bosox! :lol:

I wouldn't go near Hamilton. Issues and can't stay on the field...no thanks. Going to be so much money.
    Pete Abe says they have a frame work for 2 deals. One with Crawford and one without. De La Rosa was optioned and didn't clear waivers so he'll have to be included as a player to be named later.
    Gonzalez scratched, I believe.

Yep, bananas.

I can't remember a trade this big
    yep Gonzalez scratched from sox lineup

holy shit! :shock:
    norm wrote:
    yep Gonzalez scratched from sox lineup

holy shit! :shock:

Dude, this is insane. Baseball is awesome