hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what the cuss!?? ... :lol::lol:

some weird managerial decisions last nite ... it's gonna be a doozy ...
    The Fixer wrote:
    i shall be sleeping in my cards t shirt til they lose.

so at most 2 nights. you are die hard

not really ... if they win ... she's gotta wear that shirt until at least spring training ... :lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Watching Sportscenter now and they were talking about Game 6's in the World Series and how those are always the most memorable one's. They showed clips of 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1993, along with last night's game. I ask you: which game 6 is the most memorable? My pick would go to 1986.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Watching Sportscenter now and they were talking about Game 6's in the World Series and how those are always the most memorable one's. They showed clips of 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1993, along with last night's game. I ask you: which game 6 is the most memorable? My pick would go to 1986.

no brainer for me: 93

jays
    walk off hr at home in the bottom of the 9th
    against the phils

it can't get better ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    polaris_x wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

no brainer for me: 93

jays
    walk off hr at home in the bottom of the 9th
    against the phils

it can't get better ...

:x :x
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:

did u see the yahoo video in the clubhouse?

the biggest dick in the world...and his friend had a cubs shirt
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I liked that dude who was standing right behind home plate texting on his 'droid or some shit. He's looking down at his phone until the crack of Freese's bat caused him look up..What I miss?!? haha

Bring on game 7
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863
    Aero83_ wrote:
    I liked that dude who was standing right behind home plate texting on his 'droid or some shit. He's looking down at his phone until the crack of Freese's bat caused him look up..What I miss?!? haha
    there was a whole bunch of rich kid teenagers in the FRONT row.....fucking around the whole time....couldn't have cared less about the game :x

how big of a waste is $17M/yr matt holliday? napoli twists his ankle 180 degrees and stays in the game; holliday leaves with a "severely bruised pinkie" :roll: . what a puss and what a terrible contract.

NAPOLI-ANKLE.gif
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    imalive wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:
    there was a whole bunch of rich kid teenagers in the FRONT row.....fucking around the whole time....couldn't have cared less about the game :x

how big of a waste is $17M/yr matt holliday? napoli twists his ankle 180 degrees and stays in the game; holliday leaves with a "severely bruised pinkie" :roll: . what a puss and what a terrible contract.

To be fair, Cruz left the game for the Rangers after "straining his groin". According to reports Holliday's hand was pretty swollen, and trainers feared something was broken.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"

To be fair, Cruz left the game for the Rangers after "straining his groin". According to reports Holliday's hand was pretty swollen, and trainers feared something was broken.
    the guy sucks ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

the guy sucks ;)

I won't argue with that, because I really don't know much about him. But he hasn't done much offensively the entire series. I think he has 3 hits for the series. That kind of surprised me, because I've heard so much about him, but since I've never followed any of the teams he has played for I've never really watched him play much. So when I'm finally watching him, and he's having a mediocre (at best) series, I was kind of surprised.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    cards in 7.

go nl.

go nl
    www.myspace.com

I won't argue with that, because I really don't know much about him. But he hasn't done much offensively the entire series. I think he has 3 hits for the series. That kind of surprised me, because I've heard so much about him, but since I've never followed any of the teams he has played for I've never really watched him play much. So when I'm finally watching him, and he's having a mediocre (at best) series, I was kind of surprised.
    to me:

a) he put up good numbers in relative obscurity (Colorado)

b) he shrinks in the spotlight

this shit is a lot easier when there's no pressure. think rafael palmiero. :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,573
    An acquantance of mine recently said, "I can't root for a team that was once owned by George Bush... but I feel badly about letting my politics influence which team I root for." I'd say the same thing but I have an easier out- my wife is friends with the wife of one of the Cardinal players.

Go Cards!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    brianlux wrote:
    An acquantance of mine recently said, "I can't root for a team that was once owned by George Bush... but I feel badly about letting my politics influence which team I root for." I'd say the same thing but I have an easier out- my wife is friends with the wife of one of the Cardinal players.

Go Cards!

yeah my friend is rooting for the cards partly because of bush...i'm rooting for the rangers just because they've never had one in their 50 year existence
    norm wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Go Cards!

yeah my friend is rooting for the cards partly because of bush...i'm rooting for the rangers just because they've never had one in their 50 year existence

Yeah, for people that don't like Bush it does seem like a knee-jerk reflex to go against the Rangers simply because the man lives and breathes Rangers baseball. But that just seems like letting Bush have power over you even now that he's not President anymore.
    norm wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Go Cards!

Under somewhat different circumstance I could see rooting for the Rangers for the same reason. If Texas does win tonight, I believe that would leave the following teams that have not won a World Series:

Houston Astros
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Montreal Expos
    San Diego Padres
    Seattle Mariners
    Colorado Rockies
    Tampa Bay Devil Rays

And yes, SatansFuton, we should not let our political kneejerk reactions rule our rooting!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux wrote:
    Montreal Expos

You mean Washington Nationals?
    brianlux wrote:
    Montreal Expos

Oops! Sorry, Nats fans! :D

brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Montreal Expos

Oops! Sorry, Nats fans! :D
    there are no Nats fans ;)

GWB was/is the main reason I can't get behind the Rangers. I heard someone say today, he was probably at home unfurling his Mission Accomplished banner in the 7th inning :lol: . that said, TLR is enough for me to root for ANYONE vs. the cards.

here's what I am sick of...."closers" who can't close :evil: . Rivera is the only true closer....the rest are hard throwing head cases. fuck, neftali....2 run lead, three outs to go, bottom of the order. get it fucking done. it's like when they were saying Valverde was the "best." no, he wasn't. maybe the luckiest, but not the best. anyone remember todd jones? :?...ERA of like 5...but tons of saves.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I heard someone say today, he was probably at home unfurling his Mission Accomplished banner in the 7th inning

:lol::lol::lol:

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Game fucking 7 on a Friday night. Fuck yes. This should be fun.
    not sure how tonights game can possible top last nights but i'll be watching to find out!
    norm wrote:
    not sure how tonights game can possible top last nights but i'll be watching to find out!

chewey-chewbacca-playing-baseball-pitching-1257899981l-e1315962062421.jpg?w=400&h=407
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
    I fought to stay up last night...until the 9th. :shock:
    Insanity.
    MLMF Det
    norm wrote:

chewey-chewbacca-playing-baseball-pitching-1257899981l-e1315962062421.jpg?w=400&h=407

he the rangers starting pitcher tonight? if so, just give them the championship! :lol: