:lol::lol: Clunker tonight
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jose Reyes with the puss move
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    81 wrote:
    Jose Reyes with the puss move

Yeah, pretty bushleague. There was talk if Jeter got to .300 if Girardi would take him out. Doesn't look like it's going to happen though.
    Another from Tex.
    Buck takes his pitcher out in a 3-2 in game that is meaningless for his team. Maddon leaves his pitcher in in a 5-0 when he clearly has nothing. I dont get it.
  • nl playoff tomorrow

sox make playoffs in a few hours

we can all go to bed
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    nl playoff tomorrow

we can all go to bed

Looks that way. Good thing, I'm beat.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    What about if a game gets rained out, like the World Series?

That never happens, does it? :lol:

Then I guess they'll play the next day.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    nl playoff tomorrow

we can all go to bed

I dunno....baltimore is very still in this game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    nl playoff tomorrow

we can all go to bed

Yeah... tying run on third with one out.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    nl playoff tomorrow

we can all go to bed

That they are. Boston was just in a decent spot with a lead and their ace on the mound. Could tie it up here though
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    nl playoff tomorrow

we can all go to bed

reverse psych :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Gotta get the run with a guy at third and one away

Or not
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Scratch that.. Reyonlds thought he was fast.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • which didn't work :lol:
  • Tigers tied it up, we need a Rangers loss... Lets go LAA!! Hurt your rival!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Hmmm....

Which band wagon to get on.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Hmmm....

Tigers man.. We are gonna wreck the AL.. can't touch our pitching or our bats... Philly in the world series scares the shit out of me.. especially since some pussies on the Yankees don't show up for all-star games and the AL doesn't have home field..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    81 wrote:
    Hmmm....

Tigers man.. We are gonna wreck the AL.. can't touch our pitching or our bats... Philly in the world series scares the shit out of me.. especially since some pussies on the Yankees don't show up for all-star games and the AL doesn't have home field..

haha. Yeah, no one can touch your bats, aside from the 3 other teams in the AL who look like they are going to make the playoffs and have all scored more runs.

How come its always teams from the shitty AL Central that are in here talking shit before the playoffs? There was that Twins dude last year who swore it was the Twins year to beat the Yanks.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Hmmm....

haha. Yeah, no one can touch your bats, aside from the 3 other teams in the AL who look like they are going to make the playoffs and have all scored more runs.

How come its always teams from the shitty AL Central that are in here talking shit before the playoffs? There was that Twins dude last year who swore it was the Twins year to beat the Yanks.

And from the team that's .500 outside of the AL Central.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 81 wrote:
    Hmmm....

you could have helped the all star game yourself......that being said baseball is a joke with that rule

tigers might not wreck the AL..but they have a very good chance....
    And from the team that's .500 outside of the AL Central.

haha, yeah. And an incredible run differential of +75.
  • Phillies are trying to fuck up this playoff game.

Phillies are trying to fuck up this playoff game.

Lose, will ya? Gotta have at least one playoff game.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    edited September 2011
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Hmmm....

We can and will beat the yankees.. and yes, I will put my money were my mouth is... and it won't be the first time this decade we will have dispatched you guys...

But it truly blows my mind that your boys don't take the All-Star game seriously.. I mean, yes it is an all-star game, but you guys are contending every year (with that budget, how could you not) and don't see the need for home field advantage.. kind of nuts.. especially with the year Philly has had
    Post edited by CAVSTARR313 on
  • 81 wrote:
    Hmmm....

you could have helped the all star game yourself......that being said baseball is a joke with that rule

At least our guys showed up.. Jeter is the face of baseball, it is his duty.. and IMO very un-classy.. given the landmark of his season..
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

We can and will beat the yankees.. and yes, I will put my money were my mouth is... and it won't be the first tome the decade we will have dispatched you guys...

But it truly blows my mind that your boys don't take the All-Star game seriously.. I mean, yes it is an all-star game, but you guys are contending every year (with that budget, how could you not) and don't see the need for home field advantage.. kind of nuts.. especially with the year Philly has had

its a shame that homefield is decided in an all star game...that the joke

personally i want my team to rest during that time

that being said philly had the best record this year so its only fair
    We can and will beat the yankees.. and yes, I will put my money were my mouth is... and it won't be the first tome the decade we will have dispatched you guys...

If you say so. I would prefer Texas in the first round, as you would prefer Boston/Tampa but I am not terribly worried about Detroit. Pitching makes me nervous but the Yanks can hit.

Come on. Jeter was out a month before and Arod had knee surgery.
  • Tigers man.. We are gonna wreck the AL.. can't touch our pitching or our bats... Philly in the world series scares the shit out of me.. especially since some pussies on the Yankees don't show up for all-star games and the AL doesn't have home field..

At least our guys showed up.. Jeter is the face of baseball, it is his duty.. and IMO very un-classy.. given the landmark of his season..

and he has every year for the past 15 ...he was banged up and drained from the media pressure...so fuck the stupid rule and clear your head for 3 days

any yankee fan would rather him get healthy and relaxed for the 2nd half then show up to play 2 innings
    Media pressure :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg