MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    i can't believe the WS is affected by this game..it's mind blowing

yeah, it is bad. hardly ever makes a difference though.

game tonight actually wasn't bad at all. right around 3 hours is pretty quick considering all of the lineup/pitching changes.

i disagree about the home field advantage....but it is what it is
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

game tonight actually wasn't bad at all. right around 3 hours is pretty quick considering all of the lineup/pitching changes.
    least it didn't end in a tie

it isn't gonna do the mets any good..that's fo shizzle :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    To be fair, I didn't mind the home field advantage rule much when the AL won every year.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

i'm just happy the NL is winning again. home field advantage being decided by an exhibition game is a joke.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:

i'm just happy the NL is winning again. home field advantage being decided by an exhibition game is a joke.

since something meaningful is riding on the outcome of the game, is it really an exhibition game?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I could understand if the players and coaches treated it like it mattered but they're taking out the best pitchers after one inning and making other substitutions just to try to get everyone in. It's actually kind of bizarre that it's treated only as an exhibition because there should be a large incentive to win the thing.
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

since something meaningful is riding on the outcome of the game, is it really an exhibition game?
    when everyone gets to play, yes it is an exhibition game

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    Home field advantage for the Pirates
    I miss igotid88
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

i disagree about the home field advantage....but it is what it is

I think home field/ice is overrated in all sports. especially baseball and hockey

K-Rod traded to brewers. wow
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Heard they're taking on a good amount of cash so I'm going to assume they won't be highly touted prospects.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Aaron Rodgers coming up on kimmel. I'm interested. I bet he is a cool bastard.
    mets are picking up all of the reming money on the contract which is 4.9 million. brewers asked bout heath bell and said no to the package the padres wanted.

• FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    The Fixer wrote:
    Aaron Rodgers coming up on kimmel. I'm interested. I bet he is a cool bastard.

Wrong thread again? :)
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Seemed like Bochy really managed to win - using several pitchers for more than one inning, matching up to lefties, etc.

Washington looked like a bozo, as usual. And nearly ran out of players. The AL looked like they didn't care.

I'm happy the NL isn't quite the doormat is used to be.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    tcaporale wrote:
    Maybe I was just imagining the sarcasm?

Justin Timberlake was absolutely mocking the hell out of Joe Buck. It was awesome. and his beer comment was pretty funny too when Mark Grace asked him about his favorite food at the stadium and he just said beer because it goes with everything. good stuff. anyone that can mock joe buck on-air is all right by me. other than the 2 phils pitchers i really didn't watch much of the game though. just not all that interesting to me like all all-star games.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    scott rolen an all-star :wtf: ? really?

his numbers are inferior to aubrey huff's.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    imalive wrote:

all the decent to good 3rd basemen in the nl were hurt. he was like the 5th choice.
    pjhawks wrote:
    imalive wrote:

all the decent to good 3rd basemen in the nl were hurt. he was like the 5th choice.
    who was hurt? I only follow my boys.

speaking of which, Panda has way better numbers but AS voting is a joke.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    imalive wrote:
    who was hurt? I only follow my boys.

speaking of which, Panda has way better numbers but AS voting is a joke.

Polanco was voted in and has back issues. I don't know who else. Zimmerman's healthy right? But put up no numbers so far this year I guess.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    They could have taken Aramis, but they already had met their cub quota
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Isn't Aramis the one who didn't go because they didn't ask him on the day he would've liked?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

least it didn't end in a tie

bud selig's head would have exploded if they ended up in that same position again....

and his head exploding wouldn't be the worst thing to ever happen :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    tcaporale wrote:
    Isn't Aramis the one who didn't go because they didn't ask him on the day he would've liked?

PHOENIX -- Chicago Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez turned down an opportunity to be an All-Star, one of his representatives told ESPNChicago.com.

ESPNChicago.com Cubs blog
    The latest news and notes on the Cubs. Blog
    NL manager Bruce Bochy asked Ramirez to be the replacement for the Philadelphia Phillies' Placido Polanco (back injury), but Ramirez opted to stick with his plan to spend the break at home in the Dominican Republic.

Ramirez had told reporters on Saturday night that he wasn't sure if he'd go if he was asked.

"I don't know what I'd say," Ramirez said Saturday. "My family has already gone to the Dominican Republic. I'm planning to go there and join them as well."

Ramirez's representative confirmed Ramirez would fly from Pittsburgh to the Dominican Republic.

Ramirez, who was an All-Star in 2005 and 2008, is batting .300 with 15 homers and 51 RBIs this season.

Fifteen players have withdrawn from the All-Star Game in recent days. Six are starting pitchers who started Sunday and therefore were ineligible, according to the rules, to pitch in the All-Star Game. But the remainder of the withdrawals came as a result of injuries.

guess i can't blame him too much. he had made plans and then to be asked on sunday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

bud selig's head would have exploded if they ended up in that same position again....

and his head exploding wouldn't be the worst thing to ever happen :lol:
    speaking of Bud, his kiss ass endorsement of Jeter was sickening...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Reading an article on Deadspin about the 100 worst players in baseball history, and some of the videos that are included are priceless.

Tommy Lasorda rant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzjWQF1oP2M

Ruben Rivera horrible baserunning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ94rkwdTvQ
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    tcaporale wrote:
    Reading an article on Deadspin about the 100 worst players in baseball history, and some of the videos that are included are priceless.

I saw this earlier and scanned it but definitely plan to dig into it later. Great stuff from Deadspin this week.
    tcaporale wrote:

thank you. Those are BOTH priceless! :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

I saw this earlier and scanned it but definitely plan to dig into it later. Great stuff from Deadspin this week.
    Kei Igawa made the list, deservingly.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    MLB is talking about a new stadium in downtown la for the dodgers. Thoughts norm?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    MLB is talking about a new stadium in downtown la for the dodgers. Thoughts norm?
    how ya gonna keep the gangbangers out? :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14