MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    And yeah, i would love to have either, kershaw is awesome though.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol:

a couple weeks ago i saw peter o'malley in a restaurant...i was so tempted to ask him to buy back the team...i can only imagine what he thinks about what's going on
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol:

a couple weeks ago i saw peter o'malley in a restaurant...i was so tempted to ask him to buy back the team...i can only imagine what he thinks about what's going on
    i bet walter is rolling over in his grave
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Haha that would be pretty fantastic norm. I am sure he gets it a lot though. Worth a shot. MLB has to get that team out of their hands.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Baseball is the best.

I think the dodgers are gonna hang in the race this year. I could see a Major League-like run since they know the franchise is in bad shape. I hear charlie sheen is available.

Seriously though...if the rotation stays healthy they should be around in late august/sept.
    Looks like Manny tested positive again and is retiring.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Looks like Manny tested positive again and is retiring.

See ya. First ballot in Hall of Douchebags.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Love watching brian wilson get hit around. Huge tool
    The Fixer wrote:

you mean douchebeard? monster tool!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    imalive wrote:
    how long before manny quits on his winless yeam? :wtf:
    I believe I had this one :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you mean douchebeard? monster tool!
    hey now. we got the win, anyway.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    minor issue, i know, but i can't stand how fox continues to use their football music for mlb. it makes mlb look inferior to football. what could the reason be for them ditching their music? did they lose the cd? :lol: i don't get it.

just another example of this sport not being able to market itself properly. the new "epic" promos are pretty lame too.

oh well....GO PHILS
    www.myspace.com
    minor issue, i know, but i can't stand how fox continues to use their football music for mlb. it makes mlb look inferior to football. what could the reason be for them ditching their music? did they lose the cd? :lol: i don't get it.

just another example of this sport not being able to market itself properly. the new "epic" promos are pretty lame too.

oh well....GO PHILS

I can honestly say that I don't notice any of this stuff. I'm busy listening to matt vaskerisan call all the players the wrong names

and watching the phils round the bases :D
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359

Forgot to back up the hard drive and got the blue screen of death.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

oh well....GO PHILS

I can honestly say that I don't notice any of this stuff. I'm busy listening to matt vaskerisan call all the players the wrong names

and watching the phils round the bases :D

i'm the exact opposite. i always notice shit like that...and whenever they roll out new graphics or something during the telecast.

this one bugs me though. they were doing it during the postseason too.
    www.myspace.com
    not saying this guy didn't deserve to get arrested (or beaten for wearing jean shorts), but this seems excessive. the lesson is that cops are fucking douchebags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAVoU_UX ... r_embedded
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The Fixer wrote:
    not saying this guy didn't deserve to get arrested, but this seems excessive. the lesson is that cops are fucking douchebags

I almost never side with the "victims" in these instances, and you really open yourself up to a beat down when you put an elbow to a stadium employee, but, this one felt excessive.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    not saying this guy didn't deserve to get arrested, but this seems excessive. the lesson is that cops are fucking douchebags

I almost never side with the "victims" in these instances, and you really open yourself up to a beat down when you put an elbow to a stadium employee, but, this one felt excessive.

yeah, I agree. I was impressed at how he was eating those nightstick shots. I would have been dead from one of those blows
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I got the impression that those nightsticks were plastic or hard foam, they seemed to have some give to them.

That said, I'd still be crying if someone thwapped me in the neck with one.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    frankly, after what happened in la last week, i'm in favor of treating drunk assholes like this...fuck 'em
    norm wrote:
    frankly, after what happened in la last week, i'm in favor of treating drunk assholes like this...fuck 'em

that's a pretty good point. plus, from that video we can't tell if that guy was still running his mouth while he was getting beat down
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

that's a pretty good point. plus, from that video, we can't tell if that guy was still running his mouth while he was getting beat down

well shoving the attendant was pretty stupid...i especially liked that they cuffed him while he was lying in spilled beer :D
    jimed14 wrote:
    I got the impression that those nightsticks were plastic or hard foam, they seemed to have some give to them.

That said, I'd still be crying if someone thwapped me in the neck with one.

nerf night sticks
    www.myspace.com
    Sam Fuld. Get Some
    The Fixer wrote:
    Sam Fuld. Get Some

Nice litte beat down here.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Sam Fuld. Get Some

Love the announcers ripping manny too.

kirkjain...'manny will be lucky to get 10% of the vote'

mcdonough...'if he is dumb enough to use after getting busted twice beforehand, I have to wonder if he accomplished ANYTHING in his career without steroids'

music to my ears
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Sam Fuld. Get Some

Love the announcers ripping manny too.

kirkjain...'manny will be lucky to get 10% of the vote'

mcdonough...'if he is dumb enough to use after getting busted twice beforehand, I have to wonder if he accomplished ANYTHING in his career without steroids'

music to my ears

Yeah, i have been flicking back and forth and didn't catch all that. I have been reading that most only think he will be on the ballot for 1 year. I am pretty sure Manny could give a shit though.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    imagine ..the sux have only showed up against us this year
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Yeah, last night was all Beckett, they didn't look all that great aside from that. Left so many people on base. But yeah
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, last night was all Beckett, they didn't look all that great aside from that. Left so many people on base. But yeah

I was shocked the yanks didn't adjust last night. Beckett used the same pattern the entire game. 2 seam comeback fastball on the inside, change fading away.

EDIT: That said, it's easier to hit MLB stuff from your couch than it is from the batters box